The Dark Knight Rises Next Viral marketing Campaign?

Rolf

Civilian
Reaction score
What would you like to see in the next viral marketing campaign?

Personally, I do not really know if the next movie will be worth such a campaign, The Joker has told his story, Harvey Dent is no longer district attorney, and Batman is an outlaw, I do not see many more good stories to tell.

The viral Marketing campaign made you feel like you were part of Nolan's world, it made you feel like something big was about to happen, and it was, there was a major story just waiting to be told, but now, with no major story arcs to take insparation from I cannot see anything worthy of the unavoidable hype.

But I could be wrong!:yay:

Last edited:
They'll probably come up with something. I couldn't care less about such a thing and was oblivious to the one for TDK. But I know it was a resounding success and many people loved it so I expect them to do it again.

I could see the Citizens for Batman still operating. And if you had that you'd of course have Citizens Against Batman.

I'm just waiting for the day when there's a URL found on a cereal box inside a dumpster outside a parking garage behind a hospital down the road from a gas station across a river in a boat that says www.whereisharveydent.com and it all begins again!

:up:

They'll probably come up with something. I couldn't care less about such a thing and was oblivious to the one for TDK. But I know it was a resounding success and many people loved it so I expect them to do it again.

Let us hope so...

The Gotham Times and Gotham Tonight really were great.

Common sense says I should be getting more views.

I would like to see Gotham Times articles about the Joker's trial, how he's getting along at Arkham, Dent's funeral, and the impact of Dent's death on the city.

Next viral campaign?
Well, start putting adverts in big newspapers. A simple message, "Who is Batman?"
A small little message, but the fans will go nuts.
It would be cool to see The Riddler hinted at in some form.

The main designer of the TDK ARG is no longer at 42 Entertainment (sadness :csad: ) but he still keeps in touch with one of TDK's associate producers, so he hopes he gets to do something for the next one. :yay:

I'm just waiting for the day when there's a URL found on a cereal box inside a dumpster outside a parking garage behind a hospital down the road from a gas station across a river in a boat that says www.whereisharveydent.com and it all begins again!

:up:
:lmao:

i think we'll probably see the Gotham PD site pop back up first..updated, with a special message from Commissioner Gordon..then GCN.com will chime in with updates on the "Bat-Manhunt" and such..then probably (if Nolan decides to use Black Mask/Roman Sionis) there'll be a story about Janus Cosmetics, which will link us to that company's website and the madness will begin again...

hey maybe Joker got his makeup from Janus Cosmetics??? :hoboj:

i want to select the first option (be in the movie), but the main problem with that is logistical, because the very nature of a viral campaign is to run its course until opening day for the movie, and that means theres no way the winner can be in a scene in the movie.

my next option would've been scavenger hunts where you can meet the actors, however thats gonna be another logistical nightmare. i couldnt recall how many times a meet-and-greet was postponed mostly because the celebrity had a change of schedule.

so i selected other-- i'm thinking more of a chance for the winner/s to be invited to the red carpet premier of the film and then have a chance for a meet and greet with the actors/ director.

i want to select the first option (be in the movie), but the main problem with that is logistical, because the very nature of a viral campaign is to run its course until opening day for the movie, and that means theres no way the winner can be in a scene in the movie.

my next option would've been scavenger hunts where you can meet the actors, however thats gonna be another logistical nightmare. i couldnt recall how many times a meet-and-greet was postponed mostly because the celebrity had a change of schedule.

so i selected other-- i'm thinking more of a chance for the winner/s to be invited to the red carpet premier of the film and then have a chance for a meet and greet with the actors/ director.

I did not mean get a part after the end of the entire campaign, I meant after individual hunts are completed, after the whole campaign would be like you said, logistically impossible.

As for the third one, I am not sure if that is the case, they got Aaron Eckhart, EricRoberts and ColinMcFarlane to do those interviews in Gotham Tonight. Maggie Gyllenhaal did that endorsement speech for Harvey Dent (Which I have not seen). And of coarse Eckhart had to record his voice for all those Harvey Dent endorsement messages people recieved on their phones, and that speech that we saw bits of in Gotham Tonight and on the "Bat Computer".

So it seems the actors would probably do it if it were part of the campaign. I also did not mean they should go around and shake everyones hand when I said meet, More something like this:

When the people who finished the Scavenger hunt that led to them being "Introduced" to the Joker by the IMAX showing of the proluge, imagin if they were introduced to the Joker in person who told them what to do next, that's what I mean.

However your last idea makes sense too, but can civilians really get invited to red carpet premiers?

Maybe we'll see D.A. Janice Porter take over and begin addressing Gotham about Batman?

they need to start the same. build up the hype with something as small as a riddle in comic book stores or something like that. but i would love to have some of the same type things. like imax previews and stuff like that. Stuff that gets you out of the house and doing something. They need to make the first scavanger hunt world wide

they need to start the same. build up the hype with something as small as a riddle in comic book stores or something like that. but i would love to have some of the same type things. like imax previews and stuff like that. Stuff that gets you out of the house and doing something. They need to make the first scavanger hunt world wide

I dissagree, I think they should cut down on Scavenger Hunts for several reasons, 1) Relatively few people can partake in them, 2) there is a good chance that kids may try to partake in a hunt and go missing. 3) Some nut may try to take advantage of these hunts to kidnap someone.

No, the next one should involve more internet stuff and less phisyical activity, just to be on the safe side, most of us are too lazy to leave our homes anyway. :hehe:

What about if they announce that Riddler is going to be a villain, but they don't reveal who is playing him? Then the viral campaign would be solving riddles and figuring out clues so we have to figure out who is playing him? Something like that would be crazy, the whole internet would be buzzing. To let us figure out who is playing the new villain in the new Batman film, that would be frickin insane!

What about if they announce that Riddler is going to be a villain, but they don't reveal who is playing him? Then the viral campaign would be solving riddles and figuring out clues so we have to figure out who is playing him? Something like that would be crazy, the whole internet would be buzzing. To let us figure out who is playing the new villain in the new Batman film, that would be frickin insane!

You know something... You're right, that would be very good.

I would like to see Gotham Times articles about the Joker's trial, how he's getting along at Arkham, Dent's funeral, and the impact of Dent's death on the city.

Dent Is still alive.

Refer to my "Two-Face could return" thread posts. You'll find them very entertaining.:applaud

(hey, you liked my Bale dream:shock)

Last edited:

I dont like this idea. Seemes repetitive of the Borring Joker viral campain.

We really could do without more of those.

How is it repetitive? We didn't have to figure out who was playing Joker did we?

I think if Riddler is cast that is the perfect idea for a viral campaign. The studio never announces who is actually playing him, they leave it up to us to find out who it is. That will garner a lot of interest, guaranteed.

Yes, it's an interesting idea, nevertheless. it's never going to happen.

WB would not subvert a cast actor to a viral campaign just to exite the hardcores.

You know this better than most:0

I really need viral hype. I mean the last year i spent my butt on a computer checking if anything new in the games happened. AND I LOVED IT. The year of 2007/2008 for me will be a great one. I will tell my children about it. Hopefully the same type of hype can be build for BB3

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"