The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cautiously curious about this movie. I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and I think the first two X-Men movies are good. After that I didn't like either X3, Origin: Wolverine or First Class all that much. So I think it's time for a good or even great X-Men based movie. And I think Jackman's Wolverine should be the one to deliver.

Now of course Aronofsky falling out is a huge letdown, I don't wanna imagine how awesome that movie could have been. Though the replacement couldn't have been better in my opinion. Huge Mangold fan, I think Copland and Yuma are great and I absolutely love Walk the Line – an amazing portrait of one of my favorite artists of all time (I'm biased yes).

So I'm way more interested and stoked for The Wolverine than First Class 2. Jackman's Wolverine deserves a better movie than Origins.

^agreed.

XO: Wolverine sucked horribly
and First Class was completely overrated (imo)

I've liked most of Mangold's work, so hopefully he and Jackman knock this one outta the park.

No, First Class was amazing!

And I really hope they finally film this movie this summer of 2012!

Looking forward to this next summer, it's been said a true wolverine movie is going to be made beserker rage and all.

Hugh has been training while he's been filming Les Miserables - check out these photos (and those guns!) from the Facebook page of one of the gyms:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beefs-and-Babes/252641779615

Here's one of Hugh in action:

318130_10150998053384616_252641779615_13368511_748612735_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm cautiously curious about this movie. I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and I think the first two X-Men movies are good. After that I didn't like either X3, Origin: Wolverine or First Class all that much. So I think it's time for a good or even great X-Men based movie. And I think Jackman's Wolverine should be the one to deliver.

Now of course Aronofsky falling out is a huge letdown, I don't wanna imagine how awesome that movie could have been. Though the replacement couldn't have been better in my opinion. Huge Mangold fan, I think Copland and Yuma are great and I absolutely love Walk the Line – an amazing portrait of one of my favorite artists of all time (I'm biased yes).

So I'm way more interested and stoked for The Wolverine than First Class 2. Jackman's Wolverine deserves a better movie than Origins.

Agreed on all counts. I've been waiting for an X movie to love since X2, and while I know not to expect too much, I'm cautiously placing my hopes on this film delivering. Jackman deserves a better film for his efforts. He's only batting 50/50 at the moment.

First Class was a frustrating mixed bag in my opinion. I'll no doubt see the sequel, but I was no more optimistic about the franchise after seeing it.

Looking forward to this next summer, it's been said a true wolverine movie is going to be made beserker rage and all.

That would be a welcome surprise. However, they have already spent so much effort making Wolvie a "nice guy" seems like a little late in the game to add that element.

I am definitely excited to see how 'badass and berserker' they go. Hpefully it lends a bit more credence to them wanting to make both a PG13 and R version. In my limited knowledge of film-making, I'd think it's only a matter of editing.

I really hope we get news about the new cast this month or next month! I'm really looking forward to movie because I wanna see Silver Samurai so bad!

I really hope we get news about the new cast this month or next month! I'm really looking forward to movie because I wanna see Silver Samurai so bad!
At CinemaCon, Rothman said casting would be soon.

Obviously you guys are gonna be filming The Wolverine in Australia…

Rothman: Partially in Australia, partially in Japan.

I wanted to ask, how is that going?

Rothman: It’s going very well, it’s going terrifically. Hugh Jackman is finishing Les Miserables in London, we’re gearing up and prepping now. We’ll shoot the stage work in Australia and the location work in Japan, and we’ll start casting in the next month or so. There’ll be a lot of local Japanese talent in it. This is also, again going back to what we talked about before, it’s a pretty original take. It’s based on a very successful run in the comics, but it’s a true Wolverine movie, I mean this is the true berserker, bad ass Wolverine.

http://collider.com/tom-rothman-wolverine-prometheus-daredevil-interview/162819/

but it’s a true Wolverine movie, I mean this is the true berserker, bad ass Wolverine.
I really, really wish they mean it this time...

Hey guys, since news is kind of slow I figured I'd share this with you. The Broadcasting department at the college I was going to had a cinematography class, and the teacher decided to adapt Ultimate X-Men issue 41 into a short film. I was lucky enough to get cast as Wolverine. Now, just as a disclaimer here: this is a student short, so obviously it's not professional level sfx. Also, I'm a college student and obviously much younger then an actor who would get cast as Wolverine, but it was a lot of fun to be a part of. I thought I'd share it with my fellow nerds.

http://vimeo.com/41530049

I really, really wish they mean it this time...

Hard to take it seriously when similar things were said about XOW isn't it?

FOX seems a little better behaved this time around.

Sooo friggin pumped for this movie. Always wanted to see a Jackman/Wolverine film done this way. The fact they're following Frank Miller, setting it in Japan and looking for a R-Rating? Pure Win. I was so excited for Darren Aronofsky, but im happy they went with James Mangold in the end. Maybe Darren would have went too extreme with his ideas. Im just happy he loved the script. Did he write the first draft?? Or was it always the dude who wrote Usual Suspects? Curious about that.

Honestly, the only stuff i liked from First Class were the use of the classic suits and each scene Fassbender was in. Wasn't a fan of the other actors/characters. I'm not really a X-Men fan to begin with, despite being a Wolverine fan. And enjoying some scenes from the first 2 movies. Hated the 3rd and from what ive seen from Origins. So this is gonna be right up my alley i think.

Out of all the CBMs due out next year, Man of Steel and The Wolverine are the only ones that significantly interest me (Thor 2 and Iron Man 3, not so much). While I thought Origins was a crap movie and a huge letdown, I still find myself excited to see Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Who's directing? And who rewrote the script?

Out of all the CBMs due out next year, Man of Steel and The Wolverine are the only ones that significantly interest me (Thor 2 and Iron Man 3, not so much). While I thought Origins was a crap movie and a huge letdown, I still find myself excited to see Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Who's directing? And who rewrote the script?

Director - James Mangold (Girl Interrupted, Kate & Leopold, Walk the Line, 3:10 to Yuma, Knight & Day)
Rewriting the script - Mark Bomback (Constantine, Race to Witch Mountain, Unstoppable)

They already worked with Hugh Jackman in the past.

Director - James Mangold (Girl Interrupted, Kate & Leopold, Walk the Line, 3:10 to Yuma, Knight & Day)
Rewriting the script - Mark Bomback (Constantine, Race to Witch Mountain, Unstoppable)

They already worked with Hugh Jackman in the past.

Really, the script writer for constantine and escape to witch mountain.... hurl, color me a bit bummed. I want to see this do well...

Both the writers worked on Bryan Singer's next film Jack the Giant Killer.The first writer
wrote the final draft.And the new writer wrote the first draft.

Now supposelly 75 percent of the original script remains.Suspposly the rewrite beefs up
the role of Viper the only other non japanese Character besides Wolverine and worked on
some stuff James Mangold wanted worked on to fet his vision of the film.

I'm just so pumped to see Hugh as Wolverine again. It's been too long. I have faith in Mangold, and I think Hugh realized what people didn't like about Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"