The Wolverine James Mangold will direct The Wolverine

I have hope with this director simply because some of his films were nominated for Oscars like 3:10 to Yuma.

Winning/being nominated for an Oscar doesn't necessary equal quality in all films. I mean look at Gavin Hood, he's a good director, won an Oscar and still made a crappy Wolverine film.

Winning/being nominated for an Oscar doesn't necessary equal quality in all films. I mean look at Gavin Hood, he's a good director, won an Oscar and still made a crappy Wolverine film.

But the movie he made was a foreign film. So its different and he also directed Rendition before Wolverine and that movie wasn't good too.

I have faith in Mangold, as I think both Copland (underrated) and Walk the Line are absolutely great films. Yuma is a solid and good western too.

Russell Crowe tweets to Mangold:

Russell Crowe‏@russellcrowe
If you haven't heard the Crowe/Doyle Songbook vol iii, it's on i-tunes,Amazon etc or you can order hard copies from http://www.parkbeachmusic.com

James Mangold‏@mang0ld
@russellcrowe I heartily recommend this album. Its lovely.

Russell Crowe‏@russellcrowe
@mang0ld Jimmy? How's that film career going? I hear you are rocking the set of W2

James Mangold‏@mang0ld
@russellcrowe I am doing my very best, R. HJ is a joy. And watching The Rabbitohs ascent in the wee hours. How is your (spoiler alert) Ark?

5hRussell Crowe‏@russellcrowe
@mang0ld Everything good here, long days blah blah. Good game coming up Saturday. Isn't Hughby the nicest chap? Enjoy Sydney mate.

Oh man, Russell Crowe would be a great addition to the X-Men cast! He would be a perfect choice for Cable.

Oh man, Russell Crowe would be a great addition to the X-Men cast! He would be a perfect choice for Cable.

If Cable ever appeared I could never think of anyone that could portray him...but Russell Crowe would be perfect. How come I never thought of him before.

I'm not familiar with Mangold, but from what you guys have said he seems solid, so I have faith in him and this film.

Mangold hasn't put out a movie I didn't like. I loved Identity, Copland and 3:10 to Yuma. Hell even Knight & Day was pretty cool.

Haha, I actually loved Knight and Day. It just happened to come out at a time where people were still anti-Cruise. Thankfully MI:GP didn't suffer the same fate.

I hope this time the director has control and the script is actually good and not full of cameos.

Well, you can see by every genre film FOX has done in the last 2 years + the cast of the film that all that seems to be the case.

have faith in script done by usual suspects writer and even darren said he loved it

Well, you can see by every genre film FOX has done in the last 2 years + the cast of the film that all that seems to be the case.
Yeah, there was a change in management right? So i heard

Yeah, there was a change in management right? So i heard
Not sure. But even Kinberg just did an interview where the interviewer asked him about FOX and how their recent genre films have been great, and Kinberg said it was because they were "trusting the filmmakers".

Tom Rothman Isn't micromanaging them like he used to.Fox Is now letting filmmakers make films.Besides letting James Cameron make avatar franchise look at revival of Planet of the Apes,getting X-Men franchise back to X-Men/X2 shape with First Class,and getting Ridley Scott back to Alien franchise In Prometheus.We all know It was part of alien universe depite all the hedging.The wolverine has script by oscar winner and all reports say despite a rewrite 75 percent of original script remains.James Mangold has directed Hugh Jackman to golden globe nomination In Kate Leoporald plus directed
ANgelana Jolie and Reese Weatherspoon to Oscar wins.And he has directed action.

This time next year I am sure we will be putting maes In Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn cwoad and not Brett Ratner and Gavin Cwoad.

Mangold hasn't put out a movie I didn't like. I loved Identity, Copland and 3:10 to Yuma. Hell even Knight & Day was pretty cool.

Knight & Day wasn't really good because of the story but I really enjoyed the first half of it. Plus the actors carried the movie.

But the movie he made was a foreign film. So its different and he also directed Rendition before Wolverine and that movie wasn't good too.

What does that even mean? A good film is a good film no matter where it was made.

The great thing about his resume is that it's so diverse. He's proven that he can successfully take on many different genres (let's not forget the excellent "Walk the Line"), which makes me trust him. 3:10 to Yuma is his best film IMO and one of the best modern westerns of the past decade. I think he's going to make a stellar Wolverine film.

The great thing about his resume is that it's so diverse. He's proven that he can successfully take on many different genres (let's not forget the excellent "Walk the Line"), which makes me trust him. 3:10 to Yuma is his best film IMO and one of the best modern westerns of the past decade. I think he's going to make a stellar Wolverine film.

+1 million.

The man has done thriller/horror - Identity

Western/Action - 3:10 to Yuma, Knight and Day

Rom Com - Kate and Leopold

Drama - Walk the Line, Copland

This tells me, he knows how to handle action and characterization.

Last edited:
Yeah, but outside of Copland all those films listed are pretty much average or studio fluff, and in the case of Identity terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"