The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep down I hope they wait a bit so it can grow out at least to this level. While just a cameo I think this is the best he's looked as Wolverine in terms of hair:

FEOUO.jpg
I know that's impractical due to the schedule when it comes to big films like this but I'm not a big fan of wigs. It's just almost always noticeable.

Some industry-speak:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/hutch-parker-joins-the-wolverine-as-producer/
Hutch Parker Joins ‘The Wolverine’ As Producer

EXCLUSIVE: Hutch Parker, who exited New Regency and into a producing deal at his longtime home at Fox, is becoming a producer on The Wolverine, joining Lauren Shuler Donner on the James Mangold-directed film that will have Hugh Jackman reprise his role as the title character he originated in the X-Men franchise.

Parker is very steeped in X-Men lore, as he developed and oversaw the original movies when he ran production at Fox.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/hutch-parker-joins-the-wolverine-as-producer/

I wonder If this means Hugh Isn't going to be producer on this.While I heard he was shutting down his production company to focus solely on acting It was thought The Wolverine would be last time he would be Involved as producer.

Hugh spoke about this at the trade convention CineEurope today - he said production starts in about six weeks.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...d:+thr/film+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Movies)

Also taking to the stage to support a character he himself described as "the backbone of my [movie] career, Hugh Jackman might have spoken for the whole evening about prepping for the start of shoot of The Wolverine due for rollout in 2013.

Returning to his "bad ass" superhero role, Jackman assured the theater-owners that if they went to any gym in Barcelona on any given day during the show they'd find him there working out.

He starts shooting the movie, directed by his chum James Mangold in "about six weeks" and said he was excited to get his claws into the character again, "because I believe there's that great movie to be made that defines his character."

Jackman says the Chris McQuarrie script does just that and takes Wolverine into Japan for the first time, a popular part of the comic book series.

So first week of August.Cool.Now they need to start casting who will join Hugh In the film.

Maggie would be great but she can't do film because of Nikita.Plus they have Indicted they want japanese or Japanese Americans to ply the japanese Cast.Maggie Is mixed
plus I believe her Asian half comes from Vietnam.

Maggie would be great but she can't do film because of Nikita.Plus they have Indicted they want japanese or Japanese Americans to ply the japanese Cast.Maggie Is mixed
plus I believe her Asian half comes from Vietnam.

She's not shooting Nikita in the fall though & still looks Japanese to most people.

Maggie Q would be awesome.

Although Im still holding hope for her as Betsy one of these days.

Last edited:
WOLVERINE, THE (aka WOLVERINE 2) - July 23, 2012 - Burnaby & Vancouver, Canada & Australia & Japan; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. STORY: The film is set in Japan and Wolverine is training with a samurai warrior and he is struggling to choose to follow his animal killer instincts or the samurai's code of honor and respect. (Posted: September 14, 2009. Revised: June 20, 2012)

http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/film_production_newlisting.html

Just got back from heroescon and wanted to show what the X-Force costume can look like in real life, and I think it proves with a real budget it could look awesome, especially on an actor in as good a shape as Hugh. Keep In mind I made this myself and for less than 100 dollars.

7435363698_5451522a1f.jpg

7440171224_80f0756ef5_c.jpg

One filming site in Australia:

Yesterday, we found out a major international film will be coming to town to shoot here for two months and I must admit, I got a little excited on this one. All you Hugh Jackman fans, eat your heart out; it's The Wolverine!

I didn't wish it, it was a flippant, passing comment, so it should not count, but glad it does. Unashamedly, I will be wandering around, camera in hand to get a shot or two of Hugh.

The Wolverine is due to begin filming in Cronulla in July and August 2012, with the film being released in July 2013. Hugh Jackman plays Logan once again in this $80 million action Sci-Fi and directed by James Mangold.

The Wolverine - The Silver Samurai's story line is: Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior. That is it folks, no other information about the film or cast has been released as yet, all very hush, hush, although we do now they will be filming at the northern end of Cronulla and yes Hugh will be there.

http://www.weekendnotes.com/6-productions-filming-in-cronulla/

I really hope they cast Maggie Q in this....she was so badass in Die Hard 4

Actually Maggie Q was rumoured for the role of silver fox in x men orgins wolverine before the role went to lynn collins.

Wouldn't it be awesome if after this they did X-Force? You could set it after X3 and have Xavier talking about needing a secret team. Admittedly, not Xaviers style but it could work.

Yeah A X-Force movie would rock, maybe the first arc, with the original team, I'd see it a couple times I am sure, With it being X-Force you think Marvel could make it or would Fox own it too?

Just got back from heroescon and wanted to show what the X-Force costume can look like in real life, and I think it proves with a real budget it could look awesome, especially on an actor in as good a shape as Hugh. Keep In mind I made this myself and for less than 100 dollars.

Nope, it would still look ridiculous.

I love the way everybody really makes an effort with these things and come as a great variety of heroes too :) !

Doesn't this start filming soon?

Where the heck are the casting announcements?

Doesn't this start filming soon?

Where the heck are the casting announcements?
Yep, good question. Although, I wonder if something will be announced at Comic-Con.

I can't wait for this movie to get started filming already!

We are almost 1 year away from the release date of The Wolverine. And I hope we get a teaser trailer before 2013.

Just weird. Maybe FOX is planning to announce everyone at once? It just seems weird that we haven't even heard casting rumors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"