News flash!

It's funny how some weirdos obessed over height when you can't tell because..it's a movie. I'm not talking about a polite discussion about height but weirdos who insist that anything below 6'3 is short. Actors can wear lifts, there's perception tricks with camera angles. It's not like you can tell anyway, can you?

I mean, am I expecting a freaky fanboy to walk up to the screen with a measuring tape. "He's not 6'3....I'm not please!"

Yeah the height arguments are very weird. I'd even be okay with a 5 10 Superman, as long as the people around him dont dwarf him i think thatd even be fine

6'1" is not short besides Im sure they will add some hight to him anyways.
Sylvester Stallone is like around 5'9" and they alway make him look at least 6'
Its Hollywood they can make a man fly but he can only be so tall LOL!

I prefer the Gary Frank and Shane Davis takes on Superman where he looks like he's in shape, but isn't overly muscular. Superman gets his powers from the Sun, not by going to the gym and lifting weights. I also like the Frank Quitely take on Clark Kent, where he looks like a slightly out of shape farmboy to fool people into thinking that he's not Superman, and you can't do that with an overly muscular guy. If there is any superhero that should look overly muscular, it should be Batman, considering that he should lift weights to stay strong and work out constantly to remain in the perfect shape necessary to do what he does.

Of course I think that Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh had the perfect physiques for Superman, so what do I know.

I’ve always felt that Reeve, and Routh and all the actors who have played Superman were not muscular enough. Reeve was more muscular yet even he had a bad case of lagging arms.

It my opinion that Routh looked emarassingly thin in the costume, his physique looked boyish, and he has effeminate hips. This could have easily been the fault of the costume design itself, but it did not look right on screen. Not to me anyway.

But why can he even have big muscles if there are no weights for him to lift? – Why not? He is an Alien. We cannot apply human exercise physiology to an Alien.

He can simply be very muscular from the effects of the yellow sun, or even simply genetics.

Superman in every way is not just Super-powers-man, he should be Super Manly as well, and the muscular physique adds to such a look.

Simply my preference on the aesthetic. I think big muscles look good on Superman, and there is a reason why most comic artists depict him as very muscular. Same reason they draw him with a square Jaw, cleft chin and masculine facial features.

I’m not saying we need him to be so big he should be obvious as Clark, the muscularity should not cross that line.

How big is THAT however where he does not look obvious as Clark? Well bigger than one might assume. The right clothing and posture can easily hide a great deal of muscularity, and can even make a man who is chiseled appear to be fat.

Grant Morrison’s Clark is a perfect example of this. Chin down, back arched forward, and shoulders slumped, in business clothes he looks fat and dumpy. Nobody can tell it is muscle under the clothes. No definition is shown. Also very muscular men can even look like they have a gut if they push their stomach outward.

So long as he is not built like a Superheavyweight IFBB Pro, I don’t think it would be that hard to convincingly (to the movie audience) conceal his physique to look like a fatty in a suit.

This discussion should be in the Superman's physique thread. Just saying.

This discussion should be in the Superman's physique thread. Just saying.

To be fair a mod could take this whole thread and add to to the physique thread, being that even if its a "news flash" it had mostly to do with the revelation of which Superman physique Snyder prefers.

Definitely not my first choice, but Costner is cool enough. A different choice at least.

What if he were Jor-El?

We got a British Superman. An American Jor-El? You never know...

Hmmm, it's pretty easy to imagine him as pa kent, and pretty difficult to imagine him as jor-el. Considering this is snyder as well, I think it's more likely he's pa kent. Jor-el would more likely be a younger man, as kal is his first and only child.

Then again, he could be luthor, but I think he's too old.

interesting rumor... its fun to use this (if he would be Pa) to try to see how this movie will feel

What if he were Jor-El?

We got a British Superman. An American Jor-El? You never know...

I very much doubt it, I would think they would choose someone who atleast remotely looked similar to cavill. If i had to make a prediction now i would say that the Costner rumor is fake.

I very much doubt it, I would think they would choose someone who atleast remotely looked similar to cavill. If i had to make a prediction now i would say that the Costner rumor is fake.

Not likely, this is deadline.

I don't think Jor-El looking like Kal-El is really an issue. Do people care all that much about how close parents and their children look on film?

Not saying Deadline could be wrong, but it is Deadline.

Not likely, this is deadline.

well maybe not "fake." He might be in consideration. what i really mean is i doubt he is actually going to get the part. but that is just my guess. im not saying that its certain

It sounds like Zack Snyder is PURSUING Kevin Costner. So if he were to not get the part it would be because Costner declined (he declined Quentin Tarantino to play Bill in Kill Bill so he could direct Open Range).

Perry White maybe? Probably for Papa Kent though. Could be a villain. You never know. He did play serial killer with a split personality in Mr. Brooks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"