News flash!

so it is definite a superman origin. i just hope it will not be too heavily on smallville.

Stop assuming! Confirmed Smallville doesnt equal an origin.

Stop assuming! Confirmed Smallville doesnt equal an origin.

ok...

so what should we do now and here???

an origin isn't a bad thing you know?

and i'm confidently that they will definitely make a better job on an origin story than an established superman story, in view of all the previous movies as example.

Last edited:
Speculate yes, but not conclude... :up:

And I'm all for an origin if they can do it fresh and not waste time. Believe me, I'd love a big kryptonian mythology setup, but I dont think there's time for it, unless they're going for a trilogy.

so it is definite a superman origin. i just hope it will not be too heavily on smallville.
Yup, 10 weeks of filming in a small town. There's going to be a good amount of origin here.

Speculate yes, but not conclude... :up:

And I'm all for an origin if they can do it fresh and not waste time. Believe me, I'd love a big kryptonian mythology setup, but I dont think there's time for it, unless they're going for a trilogy.

What is "And not waste time"? How much is enough?

We don't even need to start with Krypton. It could be they'll start with Kal El's ship crashing in a corn field. It may be told in a non-linear fashion, perhaps with Clark travelling the World, and then we have periodic flashbacks of his early life. I agree we don't need thirty minutes on krypton, 5-10 minutes tops is enough to explain that Krypton is doomed, and launch Kal El to Earth. Whatever happens, I want an origin, and I don't want it to zip by in 5 minutes.

An all action movie without sufficient backstory, or character development = Crap movie/Video game. The movie needs dialogue heavy moments as well. Let's have a Superman showing a full range of 'Human' emotions, anger, frustration, elation, happiness, sadness, lust, love exasperation. I don't want him moping throughout whole movie like SR. Superman can feel frustration, but he should be confident as well. Hopefully they'll have the character realize that of course he can't fix everything, and save everyone, but that won't stop him from trying to do just that.

It's very good to see they seem to be shooting some of this film in the U.S.

Didn't know where else to post this. Focus is on parts with the bigger font in bold...

http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/03...superman-the-man-of-steel-sexists-morons-balk

Amy Adams is Lois Lane In SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL; Sexists, Morons Balk
By Devin Faraci | March 28, 2011 | News | 45 Comments

It’s really hard for me to work up any enthusiasm for The Man of Steel. I don’t particularly care about Superman as a screen character anymore, I’ve heard nothing but terrible things about the script for the film, and I’d rather see Zack Snyder keep on keeping on rather than tuck his tail between his legs and try to make up for Sucker Punch. Martin Scorsese followed up New York, New York with Raging Bull, not Smokey and the Bandit II.

But the movie’s happening, and sometimes there’s actual news to report (not the endless ******** cycle of ‘They’re looking at so and so for the movie/oh wait so and so is not in the movie.’ Stop being such horrible, shiftless ****es, internet websites) – Amy Adams has been cast as Lois Lane. What part Lois will have in this story is unknown – Snyder describes it as a linchpin part – but rumors circulate that she’s in the film just to keep Warner Bros’ rights to the character.

Adams is a very good actress, blah blah blah. I’m all for it, I just don’t care so much. The best part of the casting news was the delightful Twitter/comments section uproar – Adams has the wrong color hair (I honestly think 90% of internet commenters are dialing in on AOL from a home for the mentally subpar) and she’s too old to be in love with Henry Cavill. That’s a pretty sweet double standard; if a 36 year old actor was cast in a romantic lead opposite a 28 year old woman, nobody would say a word. Oh internet, you’re so full of horrible people!

Remember, just rumors for now.

The same person who just said studio execs didn't like the TDK ending. I don't think Devin has that much insider knowledge on two of the biggest projects going on there right now.

Maybe the TDKR ending makes it so that no one can mess with Nolanverse afterward. :hehe:

Oldman also said in 2009 they would start shooting the third Batman film in 2010.

I hope this is an origin story. I want to see Krypton with vehicles building structures technology and so forth. I also want to see a scene like the one in birthright were clark goes to Africa. I want to see him use his powers there maybe in a scene defending some villagers against a guerilla. Clark unleashing his powers with his clothes half torn after getting hit by gunfire would be awesome.

To be honest, of all my worries about the film, the script is not one of them. Hope it's not true.

I'm not saying that the new Superman movie will be good, there are certainly things to worry about but I'm taking what Devin is saying with a grain of salt. He's an A-hole but a fine writer and I like his reviews but he is sometimes just against certain projects sight-unseen. He was constantly against Star Trek and talked about how awful it would be and that it was baby Star Trek and all the other fanboy hyperbole that surrounded that film and when he saw it had pretty much liked it. (he didn't love it or anything and he nitpicked the s**t out of it but he liked it) Everything looked and sounded bad to him but he ended up liking the flick. Sometimes he's proven right when he attacks a movie before he sees and sometimes he's wrong. And by wrong I mean that the majority disagrees with him.

It wouldn't surprise me if we got yet another bad Superman film. Why not make it an even six? But I hope that it will be good.

The same person who just said studio execs didn't like the TDK ending. I don't think Devin has that much insider knowledge on two of the biggest projects going on there right now.

Well, with the news of a Batman reboot due to whatever ending Nolan has created for his third film, maybe Devin's sources are good at the moment.

Even so, I'm sure they're still trying to improve the script as we speak if there are any major problems.

Find it surprising you guys havent talked about this:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9482

Feels to me like a scene in Earth One where the military is looking for a certain spaceship that landed in Smallville since the Chicago Area they are talking about is Plano which will be Smallville in the new movie...

or it could be SUperman vs America military!!! in which i would love to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c'mon you think in real life the american government will believe in an alien who can fly???

another good news to me!!!

so far all are good news!!! :woot:

I don't get how a lack of aircraft carriers would be an issue if they're going to film in Alberta... Alberta is landlocked. :confused:

I don't get how a lack of aircraft carriers would be an issue if they're going to film in Alberta... Alberta is landlocked. :confused:

it all boils down to stupidity...you didn't know that you can drive an aircraft carrier on land???

double post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"