Iron Man 3 Next Armors

I would assume Stark/Avengers Tower could be making or I guess already made all the other armors and has them housed. But I'm hesitant to think Tony would go back to New York. But if he has extremis (however exactly they use it) and can control them I suppose he could call them to help when he goes into the final fight with Athe Mandarin & the ten rings wherever in the world that will be.

dWgV8l.jpg
fItSJl.jpg
wX4fWl.jpg

56Y9Tl.jpg
TecUQl.jpg
3kYRvl.jpg

ci5Vdl.jpg

nPoxel.jpg

If there is 40 armors created, Do we see a version of a Hulkbuster? I hope so. I really want to see Stealth armor though.

My mistake. 40 suits created since Avengers? Geez.
After the alien invasion, maybe Tony got a little paranoid and just started designing suits for any and all situations. It mainly just sounds like he designed a whole bunch of drones that could be worn if necessary.

I've thought of that, but I just don't see why he'd give a bunch of Drones the titles of mark VIII-XXXIII (unless each have a different design, even then you'd think drones would be given a different title and not be included as the "Mark" series), and name his newest main suit that he uses mark LXXVII

I guess, I could see that he might've started to design specialty suits for every situation (which he later reprograms to work as drones)

It could be that after the Avengers, and tying in with his mental state from what he says in the trailer, Stark starts building more and more prototype suits to make Iron Man better to protect "the thing he cant live without".

If the current prototype doesnt match up to his expectations instead of being used as the current main suit until he builds another he instead scrapped it and moved onto another idea.

Would explain why hes at a high version number but yet the last suit in the "Hall of Armors" is the Mark 7 from The Avengers, which is likely the suit he is still using up until this point.

Well, his house does get blown up. I wouldn't be surprised if all the armors are somewhere else. In a bigger hall. Stark/Avengers Tower in NYC for instance...

My own theory is that blowing up Stark's house is not about crippling Stark forever; its more about halting Stark's ability to fight back *now*. The fact that Stark has resources and equipment elsewhere is irrelevant, if he has guys with guns trying to kidnap or kill him and/or Pepper *right here*.

For the love of god can we get a Hulkbuster? Even just for show.

For the love of god can we get a Hulkbuster? Even just for show.

YES. I'd love to see Pepper or Rhodey strolling past a massive Hulkbuster suit and make "what the hell is this thing" look or remark to Tony, who just smirks and offhandedly says "a contingency plan..." before quickly moving the conversation to something completely different as he so often does.

I think we'll see the Hulkbuster in Avengers 2

Someone manipulates Banner into turning into the Hulk. Stark flies in with the hulkbuster to contain hulk.

I am genuinely curious about this widespread need to see the Hulkbuster armor. It looks incredibly stupid to me on the pages of the comic book, and it seems offensive in the movieverse where Tony´s respect for Bruce and his understanding and faith in the Hulk was an ongoing theme and a treat to watch.

I am genuinely curious about this widespread need to see the Hulkbuster armor. It looks incredibly stupid to me on the pages of the comic book, and it seems offensive in the movieverse where Tony´s respect for Bruce and his understanding and faith in the Hulk was an ongoing theme and a treat to watch.

His respect for him wouldn't be an issue if Hulk had became unstable for some reason, the Hulkbuster armor would merely be a contingency plan for a worst case scenario.

at some point we need to see: arctic/ice armor, volcano armor, deep-sea armor, stealth armor, radiation armor.

THIS does not look stupid :cmad:

55213441945371142363565.jpg

His respect for him wouldn't be an issue if Hulk had became unstable for some reason, the Hulkbuster armor would merely be a contingency plan for a worst case scenario.
Exactly, Tony is Marvel's Batman. Has plans for every possibility.

I really hope that armor is eventually used, it looks really cool

To each his own... I kinda think it does. The embodiment of "size does matter". Why would a bigger suit be stronger than a little suit? The beams and the repulsors would be the same, or Tony could install more powerful repulsors on a suit of his own size. Why does it have to be Hulk sized and Hulkaniform (humaniform?!).

And anyway, would not distracting the Hulk by (for example) flying around him until he tires and calms down is a better and more clever strategy than beating on him and fuel his rage?

Yeah, I know. Comic books: better not to overthink them.

//hides

55213441945371142363565.jpg

Exactly, Tony is Marvel's Batman. Has plans for every possibility.

If only Fox could make the Juggernaut that look like that armor. :csad:

To each his own... I kinda think it does. The embodiment of "size does matter". Why would a bigger suit be stronger than a little suit? The beams and the repulsors would be the same, or Tony could install more powerful repulsors on a suit of his own size. Why does it have to be Hulk sized and Hulkaniform (humaniform?!).

And anyway, would not distracting the Hulk by (for example) flying around him until he tires and calms down is a better and more clever strategy than beating on him and fuel his rage?

Yeah, I know. Comic books: better not to overthink them.

//hides

Because the larger suit with more layers would provide more protection from hulks blows. Hulk could rip his normal Armors to pieces. No mater how strong his repulsors are it doesn't help his defenses. It kind of reminds me of the Phoenix on the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 game. The Phoenix/Dark Phoenix has the highest damage in the game, but if she screws up and gets attacked by any heavy hitter, they could kill her with one well placed combo.

Last edited:

If they do chose to do Hulk Buster armour then I would love a design like that. However with where they left Hulk as a character in Avengers, I'd be fairly sceptical of them needing it. Though saying that, just because it's HB armour, doesn't mean it has to used against the Hulk, especially if that Masters of Evil rumour is true. I would love to see Iron Man try and go toe to toe with Abomination.

If only Fox could make the Juggernaut that look like that armor. :csad:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a Juggernaut on screen that had a similar build and armour shape.

Has there been any recent incarnation of the Arctic armor in the comics?

Can't say I'm aware of any instance, but then again I don't read them regularly. I did a quick google image check and saw that the cartoon has an arctic armour, which I would, at a guess say is the most recent instance of its use. It doesn't strike me as one of the more popular or requested armour features.

I could easily see an arctic or thermal feature just being a standard design feature in the average Iron Man armour (especially after IM1) rather than a suit specifically designed for the arctic (or upper atmosphere or whatever). They could just have bits of the normal armour plating pop up a bit to show a few red lights to signify its thermal capabilities.

Edit: Nice find on the art. Really good pic. However, I prefer the design of the armour in the previous picture. With that one I can see why some people may have problems with the design. It would look good in a comic or a cartoon, but the other pic looks like it's been updated/adapted for the big screen.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks the hulkbuster armor would be a tad to much?
Like it's cool in the comics but it'd be another thing entirely to put in a movie. I just think it'd be a little ridiculous.
And yeah you could say 'well sure a guy turning big and green when he's angry is ridiculous' but you get what I'm saying here, I'm just skeptical of them being able to properly translate that into a movie.

I think the picture posted by DrDoom is a design that feels believable in the MCU. It doesn't strike me as particularly beyond anything they've shown in the movies so far and seems to fit the style of previous armours. We've already had large suits in the IM movies themselves with Iron Monger and arguably the drones (which weren't meant to be drones) and Whiplash's armour was quite large itself.

And that's not counting the stuff in Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"