Next Castlevania to be exclusive for the 360?

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt, but that´s the rumor (BTW, this is old news, from Set 07, but i never saw any thread about it).

Castlevania series creator Koji Igarashi suggested in a recent interview with Game Informer that his next game in the franchise may be exclusive to Xbox 360 while 2D iterations will remain on the DS.
"I am thinking of moving to the home consoles for the future," Igarashi.
"I will continue to use 2D for the DS version, but I'm still trying to figure out which console to do the home console versions.
"I think the Xbox 360 would be the best platform for the U.S. market... The U.S. market is the biggest market for the Castlevania series, so I will give the first priority to the U.S. market."
Igarashi added, "The PS3 isn't doing well everywhere in the world," further suggesting that Microsoft's 360 might be the better fit for U.S. audiences

The PS3 is doing a lot better since last he said this, but, even so, that´s what he said...

The 3D Castelvania games were pretty mediocore. I wish Konami would release an HD 2D sequel to Symphony of the Night

The next Castlevania game will be a 3d fighter thats scheduled to release on the Wii

I remember the Silent Hill producers saying that they were considering PS3 exclusivity for Silent Hill 5 and look at how that turned out. With the very, very few exceptions, the third party exclusive is dead.

I remember the Silent Hill producers saying that they were considering PS3 exclusivity for Silent Hill 5 and look at how that turned out. With the very, very few exceptions, the third party exclusive is dead.

Agreed 110%

I think LOI was a great 3-d Castlevania game, I really enjoyed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"