360 Not Gonna Last?!?!

So what constitutes lifespan? The company actually making the console, or when games are no longer made for it?

Well whatever the case, It'll be interesting once the gaming systems can't push the experience any further. Then what? We'll just have to depend on sofware, and won't that be nice.

GL1 said:
It's scary that you can say games are a non-factor in what video game console to pick.

It's pretty clear that the X-Box was replaced so the XBox 360 would beat the PS3 out of the gate. There's no reason to think the XBox 360 will have a short lifespan. It'll last until the next generation of consoles, whether that be 4 years or 10 years. It will either have the same lifespan as the PS3 or longer... there's simply no other way for it to go down.

And do we really have to go into price? How much does a PS3 with everything you want on it cost? $400?

Seriously, this 360 not gonna last is pretty silly... M$'s 8th gen system will release either a year before or the same year (or the year after) PS4... XBox 360's lifespan will be as long as the PS3's or longer. There's simply no way for PS3 to have a longer lifespan than Xbox 360.

Your misconstruing what I said. Games are a non-factor because both systems are releasing AAA titles. The original poster made the argument not about which titles are for both systems, but the strength of those titles. I believe you can put your sword down.

Devil May Cry said:
Your misconstruing what I said. Games are a non-factor because both systems are releasing AAA titles. The original poster made the argument not about which titles are for both systems, but the strength of those titles. I believe you can put your sword down.

If we’re talking games, all the PS3 AAA's are moving onto 360 it seems.
Leaving exactly what titles as PS3 exclusive?

360 has Halo, Fable, PGR, Alan Wake etc.
As for PS3- VF5 one of its key titles this year, has now moved to 360 also. Plus if sources are to believed that originally said VF5 would arrive on 360, MGS4, DMC4 and Tekken6 are all on the way over to the 360 also. MS knows exactly what they are doing this time round, this gen war is going to be much closer.

Hopefully PS3 will fail like the dog it is, heh.

Dangerous said:
If we’re talking games, all the PS3 AAA's are moving onto 360 it seems.
Leaving exactly what titles as PS3 exclusive?

360 has Halo, Fable, PGR, Alan Wake etc.
As for PS3- VF5 one of its key titles this year, has now moved to 360 also. Plus if sources are to believed that originally said VF5 would arrive on 360, MGS4, DMC4 and Tekken6 are all on the way over to the 360 also. MS knows exactly what they are doing this time round, this gen war is going to be much closer.

Hopefully PS3 will fail like the dog it is, heh.

Come now, you can't honestly just think that MGS4 and DMC4 are coming to 360. They would have to completely re-do both games because both are heavily relying on the cell (Hideo has stated this. I'll find the article later). And Ps3 games cannot easily just be ported over to 360. I have read articles posted here where developers have stated "there is no way DMC4 is coming to 360." I believe Zenien posted it.

Devil May Cry said:
Come now, you can't honestly just think that MGS4 and DMC4 are coming to 360. They would have to completely re-do both games because both are heavily relying on the cell (Hideo has stated this. I'll find the article later). And Ps3 games cannot easily just be ported over to 360. I have read articles posted here where developers have stated "there is no way DMC4 is coming to 360." I believe Zenien posted it.

DMC4 perhaps that will stay PS3 exclusive, but that's not what certain sources are now saying.

But I do definatley believe 360 will probably be seeing MGS4 6 months after the PS3 release, as for Tekken6 I reckon that might even be on both systems from the get go. Remember everyone said MGS2 would not come to the Xbox, look what happened.

In time we'll know, I won't be suprised if all the above mentioned games end up on 360 tho.

Dangerous said:
DMC4 perhaps that will stay PS3 exclusive, but that's not what certain sources are now saying.

But I do definatley believe 360 will probably be seeing MGS4 6 months after the PS3 release, as for Tekken6 I reckon that might even be on both systems from the get go. Remember everyone said MGS2 would not come to the Xbox, look what happened.

In time we'll know, I won't be suprised if all the above mentioned games end up on 360 tho.

The only reason I would disagree is that MGS2 Substance for the Xbox sold abysmally. Konami might not want to put in the effort if the returns are going to be marginal at best. At least, I woudn't if I were them. However, if the PS3 does not pick up and recover from its launch mishaps, Konami will have no choice.

PS3 has DMC4, MGS4 and FFXII locked, I won't doubt that. MGS4 may get a port, but it won't be at first. No doubt. That's three games. That's pretty much it. 360 has MORE comparable franchises and a whole boatload of new stuff. iMho, 3 AAA titles is inferior to 15 AAA titles. I'm sure die hard MGS, DMC and FF fans would disagree... and that's fine for them, but they're trading in a WHOLE lot for one-three AAA titles.

What's the name of the next gen Xbox is supposed to be trying to make?

GL1 said:
PS3 has DMC4, MGS4 and FFXII locked, I won't doubt that. MGS4 may get a port, but it won't be at first. No doubt. That's three games. That's pretty much it. 360 has MORE comparable franchises and a whole boatload of new stuff. iMho, 3 AAA titles is inferior to 15 AAA titles. I'm sure die hard MGS, DMC and FF fans would disagree... and that's fine for them, but they're trading in a WHOLE lot for one-three AAA titles.

Come on, you know there are more AAA titles than that. FFXIII, FF versus 13, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts (in fact, a number of projects stemming out of the KH series. Note: Kingdom Hearts is only if you like this sort of game. Some people just don't), MotorStorm (maybe not AAA but def. AA haha), Gran Turismo, Heavenly Sword, Tekken 6, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter: the Last Frontier, FFVII (rumors are flaring of a remake by Tetsuya Nomura) and more that I'm too tired to list. Name the 15 exclusive Xbox 360 titles. I know there are some, but 15? I'm seeing some reviews of Lost Planet and surprisingly Xbox Mag only gave it like an 8 and the other magazines gave it less.

Sorry for the double post but..

Question: How much did MGS3 sell? Because I remember reading that it sold more than the original Halo. If MGS4 can have the same effect on Halo 3(Microsoft's system seller), things wil get interesting.

Halo sold way,way more then MGS3. As in 5 millions more. As the series expand, the games sell less and less...but they get better. Go figure. MGS 3 FTW.

Halo sold way,way more then MGS3. As in 5 millions more. As the series expand, the games sell less and less...but they get better. Go figure. MGS 3 FTW.

No, that's not right. I just looked it up. In all, Halo sold 5 million. MGS2 sold 7 million, and MGS3 sold 3.5. SO yes, it sold more that MGS3, but not that much more. Moreover, GT sold 11 million, Halo 2 sold 7 million. The next highest selling XBox games after the Halos is Splinter cell at 2.4 million. That's slightly unfortunate. Microsoft needs more exclusives (like Gears of War which I think will accomplish this) that cross at least the 3 million mark.

Come on, you know there are more AAA titles than that. FFXIII, FF versus 13, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts (in fact, a number of projects stemming out of the KH series. Note: Kingdom Hearts is only if you like this sort of game. Some people just don't), MotorStorm (maybe not AAA but def. AA haha), Gran Turismo, Heavenly Sword, Tekken 6, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter: the Last Frontier, FFVII (rumors are flaring of a remake by Tetsuya Nomura) and more that I'm too tired to list. Name the 15 exclusive Xbox 360 titles. I know there are some, but 15? I'm seeing some reviews of Lost Planet and surprisingly Xbox Mag only gave it like an 8 and the other magazines gave it less.

KH, along with DragonQuest, Motorstorm and Lost Planet are simply not AAA titles. Period. They're just good games. Furthermore, if we're counting 'rumored' games, then I can come up with 50 AAA 360 exclusives, easily. AAA? FF, MGS... that's all I see...

KH, along with DragonQuest, Motorstorm and Lost Planet are simply not AAA titles. Period. They're just good games. Furthermore, if we're counting 'rumored' games, then I can come up with 50 AAA 360 exclusives, easily. AAA? FF, MGS... that's all I see...

DRAGONQUEST ISN'T?!?!?! You know how much it sells in Japan. Both Kingdom Hearts also sold millions as well. The fact is...people all over believe that these are good titles. Oh yeah, please list those exclusives if would. I'm not asking you to because I'm challenging what you are saying, but because I will avoid any way of paying $600 to get a PS3 if Microsoft has the better system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"