Next X-Men films

I still want to see a New Mutants film (and at least, for the first film, focus on the OGN characters, bypassing future folks like Warlock, Magma), but considering how the films continuity has evolved so far, I'm not sure how it would be finessed.. hmm...

And I doubt that movie would be really successful at the box-office. If they are gonna make a spin-off movie for lesser known X-Men teams like New Mutants, they have to lower down the budget to less than 100 million.

Probably would have to take a lower budget but they gotta do that or at least try. Be it New Mutants,X Force, Generation X or X Factor. Theres too many characters for just one team. We would all be 90 by the time they got through them if they didnt expand. It took them 6 films to get to Sentinels and 3 for the Danger room and Beast. Other team flicks are the best way to give other characters screen time, development and expand the Universe other then a TV Show.

Last edited:
I doubt they'd ever even make it into the main X-films.

Angel Salvadore an Darwin made it onto film and Angel Salvadore had more lines then Cyclops in X2 haha

Imo its even more reason to use them. Why own rights to characters youll never use? Every comic gets adapted now adays, regardless of the size of its fanbase. Put the X Men name on a film and your guaranteed at least 100 mil domestic.

Last edited:
Seeing as it might be a long time since we get an actual X-Men 4,5,6,etc. I thought I'd ask, what would you guys do for another set of X-Men films? Which mutants from the comics would you like to be introduced? What plot lines and story arcs from the comics would you like to see adapted? Anything particular you like to see continuing from the earlier films?

I'd like to see a separate Dazzler film, to show what's it's like to have a mutant who's not a fighter but an entertainer hiding her mutant ability.

I'd like to see a separate Dazzler film, to show what's it's like to have a mutant who's not a fighter but an entertainer hiding her mutant ability.
This is a really interesting thought. However, whenever you involve superhuman abilities in a story, your audience might not be expecting a drama or comedy without any action or fighting. You can make a really engaging and interesting story about acceptance and identity, but it could be a hard sell for studio execs.

Also, why isn't this thread in an X-Men subforum?

I don't think thats true!

I was being a bit sarcastic.

Its actually not that far off though. Cyc has roughly 8 min screen time in X2, while Angel has 5 in FC. Cyclops has been ****ed over pretty bad. Mystique definitely owns him on lines and screentime, which really sucks to say.

This is a really interesting thought. However, whenever you involve superhuman abilities in a story, your audience might not be expecting a drama or comedy without any action or fighting. You can make a really engaging and interesting story about acceptance and identity, but it could be a hard sell for studio execs.

Also, why isn't this thread in an X-Men subforum?

Yeah, which is why throughout the movie she'll be facing a stalker who risks outing her and then some mutant terrorists who want to force her to take their side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"