Next X-Men films

I like that analogy:woot:

Truthfully, X-3 if Bryan Singers had stayed on and made the movie that he meant to make it would've cleared $700 Million. Fox just lost momentum. Nolans Batman never lost momentum because one movie was as good or better then the next. So the momentum was killed with XM-TLS. They got a little something going with XM-FC. Lets see what they'll do this time around though the lightning in the bottle was last decade..

The X-Men films always seemed to have substantially weaker legs than Spider-Man, even though they had similar openings to the first 2 Raimi films.

The X-Men films always seemed to have substantially weaker legs than Spider-Man, even though they had similar openings to the first 2 Raimi films.

Well thats cause its Spider-Man so X-Men will always have weaker legs, marketing wise, no matter what..

Lol, relax guy, no one is condemning Marvel, just making a clear observation that Marvel getting the rights back has its advantages and disadvantages just as other studios having the rights to these characters have there own advantages and disadvantages.

Definitely agree with u, that Fox were dragging their feet when it came to getting Daredevil made. But after seeing Joe Carnahan's pitch u have to admit that's something u would want to see. And at Marvel its something that we not likely to get.

Right now I love the direction Marvel is taking with their characters, I love the MCU, and I love everything that is happening with phase two. But Marvel isn't going to allow someone to come in and take a character and do something unique, like Nolan did with Batman, where u take a character in create a world for that character, that's set apart from the MCU. Where as if Carnahan approached Fox a little earlier or whatever, his pitch would stand a better chance of getting greenlit at Fox as opposed to Marvel. Are we going to see a R-Rated Marvel film in future? I wouldn't think so...

Yes Fox made some horrendous mistakes in the past (Last Stand, Wolverine Origins) but between Tom Rothman leaving (chairman of Fox, who was behind a lot of the reasons why, Last Stand and Origins were so bad), and Fox hiring Mark Millar as their superhero consultant is two steps in the right direction.

Looking at The Wolverine, and all the news coming out from that film, it certainly seems like that will be a good film, and DOFP, well that's DOFP:woot:!!

After Avengers, every studio that has a superhero film, will certainly make sure that its done right, that's why I'm giving Fox the benefit of the doubt. And forgiving them for past mistakes if they can deliver with the next 2 X films, and hopefully that leads into a X4, X:FC 2, X-Factor, X-Force a Cable, Deadpool film etc... They have the opportunity to grow their own X-Men Universe, and if they do a good job, then ill be happy with it.

the FF's right should revert back to Marvel though, they will be better in the MCU. but then again Josh Trank is on board for that and if Fox allows him freedom to tell his story, then I'm sure that will be fine.
Sorry I could've worded that better. Didn't mean to come off so erratic.

I mean we do at least agree about FF's future.

However the whole Mark Millar's in, Tom Rothman's out news just sounds like smoke in mirrors to me. Fox's Marvel films are under Donner's production team. And seeing her late husbands work. Donner should know better.

And if it was Rothman that was tying her hands together all these years then why isn't this apparent now. All we've got is Millar parroting about Marvel/Disney's success instead of coming up with some of their own unique idea's.

So no I'm tying to see the bigger picture hear and the fact is that X-men is and always has been under "The Donner's Company". Rothman wasn't overshadowing these films to the degree that most choose to assume. Is was Singers idea to give them black trash bag suits ala The Matrix and Donner was okay with it. So there was no real creativity even then.

Fox's comic book film team has never been trend setters from the start. And remember that it was Avi who practically begged them to take on franchise from the start.

It's only dawning on them now that there's big business in Comic book films. Which as a fan I think shouldn't be tolerated at this point.

This is an incredibly myopic view. Fanboys (Aka the people who know that Fox is ruining the franchise) account for less than 1% of the general audience. Doing X-Men "right" isn't going to suddenly change their fortunes.
1%?
So all those interviews that Mark Millar speaks out on are only for 1% of the GA?

I say this because Mark makes it clear in every interview that it's Fox that makes these X-films.

I dont think that DOFP will make a Billion.. even if its the perfect X-Men Film... that being said, Last Stand grossed $460...

The Sentinels, The DOFP story and Bringing back some members of the original, plus First Class Cast and hopefully one or two badass character additions will push it over that $460 million mark, and probably add 3D to it i could see the film grossing $750-$850million.
Yeah you're forgetting one thing though.

Hobbit 3

If DOFP was in fact really good and had two or three weeks to themselves that would be plausible.

As it stands now, they'd be lucky to get 150-200 mill domestically and another 200 mill overseas.

Remember LOTR's track record is far greater than fox's x-men. So I don't see the final piece of the LOTR's legacy being ignored for a dwindling Fox franchise. Especially overseas.

They'll move it somehow. I can't see them going head to head. If they only got $450 mill world wide after a $200 mill budget. That would be a shame

They'll move it somehow. I can't see them going head to head. If they only got $450 mill world wide after a $200 mill budget. That would be a shame

Who do you think will budge, Fox or WB?

I dont think that DOFP will make a Billion.. even if its the perfect X-Men Film... that being said, Last Stand grossed $460...

The Sentinels, The DOFP story and Bringing back some members of the original, plus First Class Cast and hopefully one or two badass character additions will push it over that $460 million mark, and probably add 3D to it i could see the film grossing $750-$850million.

If you look at films like Fast Five, Avengers and even Ghost Protocol, they all faired much better then prior franchise as they were fun, action packed team up films.

Franchise second Highest grossing film, vs Team Up film

Mission Impossible 2 ($546 mil) vs Ghost Protocol ($695 mil)
Fast and Furious ($363 mil) vs Fast Five ($626 mil)
Iron Man 2 ($623 Mil) vs Avengers ($1.5 Bil)

Bringing the original trilogy and the FC will certainly boast this franchise, and depending how well Wolverine is received that will certainly be a excellent boast for this film as well

How do you consider Ghost Protocol and Fast Five to be "Team Up" films?

How do you consider Ghost Protocol and Fast Five to be "Team Up" films?
Maybe Fast Five was because of all the old characters and action stars coming together, but i still don't see his point

My money's on Fox to budge at least a week
Yeah but that would be putting him in Transformers 4 territory.

But lets say they did do that and made a cool 60 mill that weekend. I wouldn't put it past WB raising their release date up to that Wednesday. Which means they'd still run into a brick wall and risk seeing a 70-80% decline the following weekend. This leaving them with a 140 mill box office domestically overall.

I did this up real quick last night. I think Marvel should do a version of this as full size poster. Also, I wonder with the new movie (Days of Future Past) if it's going to take place in 2013 like the comics or if they're going to throw it twenty or thirty years in the future? Enjoy!
wanted001small.jpg

I did this up real quick last night. I think Marvel should do a version of this as full size poster. Also, I wonder with the new movie (Days of Future Past) if it's going to take place in 2013 like the comics or if they're going to throw it twenty or thirty years in the future? Enjoy!
wanted001small.jpg

Is that Tom Felton as Pietro Maximoff?

I can see him as Quicksilver...or Speed.

And is that the Eliza Dushku as Scarlet Witch?

Good point. I doubt we'll ever see Speed on the big screen anyway :(

For the next reboot, I want a complete adaptation of the Lee/Kirby years.

You know what I meant, it should be the original five.

The original five were overrated to be honest. The X-men were almost cancelled when it was just them. You need the other, beloved characters to make the original five really work well and give the entire movie diversity and that X-menish feel.

After X-Men: Days of Future Past, I hope they move forward with X-Men 4, X-Men 5 and X-Men 6. I don't know why FOX keeps prioritizing making spin-off movies and turning them into a series. Plus they would earn more money with X-Men 4 than making another Wolverine movie or another ProfessorX/Magneto movie. People have been asking for X-Men 4 since X-Men 3 was released, since X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released, since X-Men: First Class was released and people are still talking about the possibility of having a X-Men 4 movie.

And I don't think its really going to be expensive, they don't even have to bring back the characters that they killed/depowered in X3. Just bring back Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Colossus, Iceman and Angel. Introduce a new member to the X-Men (like Psylocke) and introduce a new supervillain (like Mr. Sinister or Apocalyse) and hire a good screenwriter and hire Bryan Singer again. Its not that hard.

The original five were overrated to be honest. The X-men were almost cancelled when it was just them. You need the other, beloved characters to make the original five really work well and give the entire movie diversity and that X-menish feel.
They are way more interesting than the crew of the X-Men in First Class
. That movie did well. The only two diverse characters on the team turned evil and died within the spam of about 15 minutes from when we met them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"