Sequels Poll:Which films should X-Men 4 and X-men 5 follow

I think it would be a disrespect for FOX and Bryan Singer (if he's the director) to just ignore X3 and bring back Cyclops/Jean Grey back from dead w/o explanation.

Didn't you guys remember Superman Returns became "the Sequel" for Superman II and looked how it turned out.:whatever:

I don't think anyone rational believes Superman Returns is a poor movie because it ignores Superman III and IV.

Agreed. Supes 3 & 4 were both crap. Ignoring them had nothing to do with Superman Returns' numbers at the boxoffice. How would mentioning Richard Prior or the Nuclear Man have helped Returns?

I wonder what an X4 Kelsey Grammer Beast will look like with Singer directing.

He pays more attetion to detail.

none, just reboot and start with a new trilogy or storyline.
best thing would be to take a certain storyline and make 2 or 3 movies. then next few movies follow a different storyline where not everything has to fall in place. that way you have more creative freedom and because you know the characters you don't need to introduce them from beginning.
this way you can have a trilogy with sentinels and genosha. then age of apocalypse, days of future past, and so on.

Superman Returns made close to 400 Million worldwide not counting the DVD sales.Commercially and Criticly It did very well.The problem was So much money had been spent.And Much money was spent prior to Bryan SInger getting Involved.Warner Brothers was expecting 500 Million worldwide.Superman Returns actully did domesticly almost as well as Batman Begins.And overseas better than Batman Begins.It was not a batman and robin disaster despite what some would have you believe.Consider the last Superman film Superman IV outright bombed.And Superman III had only a modest sucess.With the GA Superman Returns did well.It was the die hard Superman Comic book
audence with the problem.They wanted a film based on current comics.

If X4 does follow the Superman Returns way and Ignore The Last Stand Jean won't be In It because of the ending of X2.

Dump the bad X-films. Keep the good ones. That's what I say. They lost the honour of calling themselves X-films when they decided to be crap.

Superman Returns made close to 400 Million worldwide not counting the DVD sales.Commercially and Criticly It did very well.The problem was So much money had been spent.And Much money was spent prior to Bryan SInger getting Involved.Warner Brothers was expecting 500 Million worldwide.Superman Returns actully did domesticly almost as well as Batman Begins.And overseas better than Batman Begins.It was not a batman and robin disaster despite what some would have you believe.Consider the last Superman film Superman IV outright bombed.And Superman III had only a modest sucess.With the GA Superman Returns did well.It was the die hard Superman Comic book
audence with the problem.They wanted a film based on current comics.

If X4 does follow the Superman Returns way and Ignore The Last Stand Jean won't be In It because of the ending of X2.

I think most of SR's audience were like "huh how did he become Superman" "this is a sequel a 20+ years old movie?" and to be honest as a casual movie goer, I wasn't that interested to Superman Returns. They should have just reboot it.

With X-Men 4, its just not right to ignore X3. Yeah it was a bad movie but seriously, don't you think the casual movie goers are going to be like "Those 3 are alive again? what happened?". Its just going to screw the continuity no matter how good X4 is. And its also like when Sony decided to reboot the Spider-Man franchise, they were like okay SM3 wasn't well-liked by everybody, lets just restart it.

Last edited:
I wonder what an X4 Kelsey Grammer Beast will look like with Singer directing.

He pays more attetion to detail.

he would be a human and we would see him on a small tv reading news or something.
singer is not that good with details, he just likes to tone down characters.

a proper beast needs to be done cg, and they have the technology to make it look very good. look at davy jones.
by using make up only the human proportions stay, whereas beast has longer arms and shorter legs.
same should have been done with nightcrawler in x-2. this way it looked vrey fake when he was running on all 4.

No. If anything, Singer is too good with details, so much so, that he sometimes fails to see the bigger picture. And, again, no. The practical effects for Nightcrawler were the way to go, especially in 2003. I don't need to look back and see Matrix Neo "quality" Nightcrawler running around the White House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"