Nic Cage in 'Mandy'

The Cage in his natural habitat.

director wanted Cage for the villain and a younger actor for Red
[YT]4hZ7J-0hbBM[/YT]
[YT]wye7nY7O8-U[/YT]

This trailer did not disappoint. Nic Cage is back, baby!

Then he'll make a bad direct to streaming movie a month later, but we'll love him all the same.

[YT]s6ARrtnMkzM[/YT]

[YT]Hmtct-aWXMk[/YT]

[YT]s6ARrtnMkzM[/YT]

[YT]Hmtct-aWXMk[/YT]

a1M83Z2.gif

Nicolas Cage's performance in the revenge thriller Mandy was inspired by Jason Voorhees

“It was a good chance to go through a narrative and have a transformation of sorts,” says the Con Air and National Treasure star. “Before he drinks that supernatural drug, or whatever it is, his fighting style is more ferocious, is more cat-like and feral. Whereas after the drug, there’s a transformation where he becomes almost like a golem, the ancient Jewish golem that was a supernatural statue that came to life. And I think Panos wanted that, he wanted me to be almost like Jason-esque, you know, from those horror films that were so popular. Panos and I really both decided what the graph of the performance would be. How much more Jason-esque is he there? Or like a statue there? We built this both together.”

I am so hyped for this movie. Nic Cage being Nic Cage in a cult/revenge horror film is worth the price of admission alone.

In speaking about how Jóhannsson became involved with “Mandy,” friend and manager Tim Husom said:

“The last music he created before his death was the score to ‘Mandy.’ We were working on it right up until the film was delivered to Sundance in early January. Back in August of 2016 we received a call from Daniel Noah at SpectreVision about this crazy new horror film they were starting that starred Nicolas Cage, Andrea Riseborough, Linus Roach, and directed by Panos Cosmatos. Jóhann had just finished his score for Denis Villeneuve’s film, ‘Arrival,’ when the ‘Mandy’ mood boards were sent over to us. They were unbelievably cool and scary. Our interest was hooked immediately. Jóhann’s first email response to me about the project was ‘Seriously, his (Panos) ‘Beyond The Black Rainbow’ film is a masterpiece! I love it. And the way he uses music.’ To Jóhann, the idea of working on ‘Mandy’ with Panos and SpectreVision was bringing some much-needed balance to his score career and a perfect next step.”

Here’s the sneak peek at Jóhannsson’s final work

[YT]ZTZWaH7R8g0[/YT]

This whole thing gives me the vibe of a 1970s movie that gets banned in Canada and parts of Europe, and I love it.

All of the theaters showing this movie are too far away, they are playing it at all the artsy fartsy theaters. It would basically be a mission for me to go see this movie later this week. I'm probably gonna have to wait for the blu ray in october then aren't I?

I'm gonna try to see it on Thursday night at Alamo Drafthouse.

Watched the trailer again. By God, this thing really does seem like it's going to be an experience.

I literally couldn’t be more stoked about tomorrow night. I usually am a solo movie goer, but I’ve been convincing friends to make the trek with me. They know to just go with my flow when I get this excited about something. So glad I get to see this on the big screen with an audience.

That was an incredible experience. So deeply strange and over the top, but absolutely sincere and heartfelt. What a crazy, beautiful movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"