Comics "No More Mutants: Aftermath...

ProfeZZor X

Master of all that is ice
Reaction score
We all know those three little words that completely changed the entire Marvel Universe into what we know it as today for all mutant kind. But digging a little deeper on an evolutionary level, did Wanda cease any further spawning of mutants from the entire human/mutant population from that point forward?

The definition of “No More Mutants” can be taken in two ways. The first could be interpreted as eliminating the current number of mutants, and second could be referring to no additional mutants (to be born).

Since M-Day, has there been any reports of:

1) New mutants being born.
2) An outbreak of suicides from depowered mutants.
3) Experimentation on depowered mutations to regain their powers.
4) Any likelihood that Wanda will reconsider her actions and undo them.
5) What do you expect the outcome from the depowered mutants to be once Wanda is found?

The depowered mutants are gonna confront her. Why the hell did u do it. or somethin like that. And i agree with the suicides of depowered mutants espcecaily those with powers that are coveted and powerful.

I expect the mutants to be repowered with the next 3 years. I defiently dont see the deciMation as something permanent

I really bothers me how nobody outside of the X universe seems to acknowledge this really. Alot of story potential was left post house of M and most of it was just pissed away.

i really like the decimation...with so many mutants running around, the x-universe got cluttered. now the conflicts between them have a lot more depth, seeing as they are the last of their kind (see x-men: civil war) it was also the springboard for the vulcan and michael story (in new avengers) which are two really good arcs IMO. i think it's too soon to be able to tell if there won't be anymore born, but in cases such as quicksilver and polaris, their powers have been regained, but with consequences.

i'm most interested to see what happens to magneto after his apparent death in new avengers 20

oh we all know Magneto isnt dead. Its just a matter of when and where he will pop up next

Was this after the collective gave him back his powers

X_fan08 said:
Was this after the collective gave him back his powers
yep. The helicopter carrying his body blew up

I did like the decimation idea. Too many mutants running around can't keep track of them. And a lot of them have freaking useless powers...so I'm happy that the ones left with powers and the impt ones and the ones the depowered yet already-has-a-name mutant are getting the spotlight (Rictor, etc.) But I do wish Jubilee will come through...

What happened to the collective anyway?

and 1 Q, does this ONLY effect earth? or the entire milky way?
Entire Universe?

Joe Q stated that we should look and listen for Jubilee and some friends to pop up in the near future... its a project he's looking forward to, and says that we will be happy about it.

even if she isn't repowered from this 'project,' it appears that Jubilee will make a comeback pretty soon... which is awesome.

And i want them to do something about the character also. Jubilee is just like standing there like Storm, and they're both popular while not doing any impt crap...for crying out loud, give them justice they deserved!!!

La The Darkman said:
I really bothers me how nobody outside of the X universe seems to acknowledge this really. Alot of story potential was left post house of M and most of it was just pissed away.

I totally agree with you. I'm liking Civil War a lot, but it came in and pushed aside all effects of M-day without really getting into the aftermath. I thought Generation M was a great mini-series, but the kind of issues addressed in it should be on going. There are thousands of de-powered mutants now, and Wanda's still at large. Life can't just go on like normal. Now that the X-Factor team knows what happened and know that the X-Men and other heroes are keeping things hush hush I'm hoping they'll help bring the spotlight back to this.

I guess I'd like to see Marvel address some of the lingering questions- like are the mutants that are left the only mutants that ever will be now or can new babies be born with the X-gene? Why did some mutants retain their powers? They explained that Dr. Strange and Emma protected those in the immediate vacinity of Wanda when she changed the world, but that doesn't explain why mutants that were no where near Genosha at the time still have powers.

I've also wondered why Wanda didn't just get rid of all the evil mutants in the world. After all, she knew her father was a tyrant, so why make everyone else suffer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"