Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point of order: the presence of superpowers has *no relevance whatsoever* to the question of whether a given costume is realistic or not, barring some literal in-story element like "I use my TK to hold the pasties in place".

Well first of all, Thor DOESN'T spend "half the movie" with his shirt off. The hyperbole isn't helping your argument. Second, that's not Thor's SUPERHERO costume that he wears when fighting evil, so the comparison doesn't work. As for "political correctness" if wanting your female characters to wear costumes befitting a superhero that aren't designed PRIMARILY for sex appeal is PC, then I'll GLADLY admit to being PC. The fact that people try to use these strawman arguments to justify the ridiculously oversexualized costumes in comics that make female characters look more like strippers than superheroes, that's what's getting grating. Iron Man's outfit isn't designed primarily to be "sexy," or Thor's, or Cap's, and no one argues that they should be. It's ONLY when female heroes come into the picture that these arguments pop up. I'll tell you what, Wanda can wear that costume if Cap and Tony also spend the entire movie fighting crime in speedos, while Thor wears ass-less chaps. Then it'll be even.

I agree with what you're saying but I don't want to see Thor in assless chaps.

Pietro maybe.

And I particularly agree that wanda should wear something that reflects her essential nature to the avengers as a powerhouse and that thor's arms being exposed isn't the same as being oversexed.

I love everything Olsen is saying. I can see her pulling off the Cassady look. I just hope they don't make her a Carrie rip off with her powers but I'm sure they won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"