No Origin... Confirmed by Latino Review

I'd rather they had gone with the origin. Granted, many people would have been bored, but at least they could start from the point when Clark moves to Metropolis and Superman makes his first appearences. I want to see how things evolve from there, how Lois deals with all this, how Lex turns to evil, etc.

I hope they dont have Lex be evil from the get go.

This won me over with the John Byrne reference and the name Braniac.

Did I want an origin movie. Yes I did, but I wanted that origin movie because Superman Returns screwed everything up so damn badly. Before Returns, I was actually in favor of jumping right into an established Superman story.

1. Thank God that Routh is out and they are rebooting.
2. There was never going to be an origin, wake the **** up, WB doesn't own the origin anymore.
3. Luther should be relegated to a gangster level sub villain like in Dark Knight.
4. Brainiac is the single dumbest Superman fanboy villain.

Disagree about 4. That would be Doomsday, the one trick pony who inexplicably gets requested every time a Superman film is brought up. Seriously:

1)Is a rampaging, machine without remorse.
2)Kills Superman.
3)That's it. That's his whole character.

It's like Superman vs Hulk, without the deep characterization that makes Hulk great. Brainiac could be interpreted in many ways, and still be a dangererous character: Evil AI, Evil Robot, Evil planet destroying, city-shrinking alien. I really do believe he's got potential to be very good(at being bad).

Moving on from the reply, I wanted the origin, but it wasn't necessary. Hopefully what we'll get we'll be good, but I want to make sure the movie moves somewhere before deciding at which theater I want to see it in.

Disagree about 4. That would be Doomsday, the one trick pony who inexplicably gets requested every time a Superman film is brought up. Seriously:

1)Is a rampaging, machine without remorse.
2)Kills Superman.
3)That's it. That's his whole character.

It's like Superman vs Hulk, without the deep characterization that makes Hulk great. Brainiac could be interpreted in many ways, and still be a dangererous character: Evil AI, Evil Robot, Evil planet destroying, city-shrinking alien. I really do believe he's got potential to be very good(at being bad).

Moving on from the reply, I wanted the origin, but it wasn't necessary. Hopefully what we'll get we'll be good, but I want to make sure the movie moves somewhere before deciding at which theater I want to see it in.
This post x 100000000!

Well done sir!

I'm surprised. I think you even mentioned as much that you thought WB wouldn't allow that to get in their way for the next movie, meaning keeping all possibilities open for the next film. So WB doesn't plan on settling this but instead try to work around it? They should allow themselves to have all options available for the next film. If the screenwriter decides not to go the origin route then so be it. But to have restrictions from the getgo seems kinda lame.

Well maybe WB also just doesn't feel like doing the origin again.

well i think they could still have some sort of origin bits told. Sure the article said no origin. But that could really just be on the krypton part due to the siegels have rights to it. But that doesnt mean we cant have the film open with a new to the city clark, or superman who maybe only been around publicly for a short period of time or something. There is alot they could still do. Plus for all we know maybe if the legal stuff can be settled we get more origin stuff.

Well maybe WB also just doesn't feel like doing the origin again.
Sure they could be thinking that, But to me personally whats the point in doing a reboot/restart to the film series if we dont have any type of origin told. We lose out on characters, and storylines and othet stuff like that.

This is why i would love for the dam copyright stuff to be settled so then wb/dc has full access to everything. Or hell just pay the dam families x amount of money to use said elements. Hopefully they will be able to use them. Crossing fingers any legal stuff would be settled prior to filming getting underway.

I'm fine with a no-origin Superman film. We've got the origin story interpreted numerous times... it's about time they've moved on from it.

well hopefully we get to see a few things at least.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://www.superherohype.com/news/supermannews.php?id=9101

All this talk about the WB going with a reboot, now this news about no reboot. I don't like that we are not getting a reboot, I want to be introduced to this new Superman, not just thrown in my face like Brandon Routh....

Since there is no origin, you can't consider this a reboot in my opinion. A reboot is a restart, which this is not

Watch Smallville.

Watch Superman: The Animated Series.

Read a comic.

Superman's origin has been told and re-told more than the origin of humans, so why bicker over news such as this?

I'm just glad we're getting news.

I'm glad Singer isn't directing this, but I was a fan of Routh as Supes. Whoever is directing it should reconsider and see if they can bring BR back.

I want a character driven story. Can they do that without setting them up in an origin first? Clark and Lex definitely need one imho.

This news update is everything I wanted to hear. Goyer and the Nolans are involved, they are taking a cue from Byrne's run....and they aren't doing an origin. All positives in my book. I mean who doesn't know Supes' origin? Not only can it not be done any better than the Donner film (let's face it folks) Smallville has been on for some time. People know who Superman is and what his origin is. Let's just get into a good movie with a good villain. Maybe have a flashback for those two people out there that need it.

I'm fine with no Origin. I worked out well in Batman 89. We didn't see the stuff we saw in Begins and there wasn't a need to. Nolan added alot of Wayne's origin because we'd never seen it before on film and it added to the story arch. This is far from the case with Superman who's origin and upbringing we've seen time and time again, often structured in the same way. Hence this is why i'm ok with the Batman 89 route with Superman, with an established hero and universe.

reboot means they are starting from scratch but doesn't mean they need an origin to do so. Although, this 'huge kryptonian mythology' suggests there has to be some origin stuff in there. Krypton is the origin. I'm hoping we see some Jor and Zor but not getting my hopes up for much more.

Well, I can do without an origin since I basically know how and why he's on Earth. What Im hoping they dont do away with, is Superman's first introduction to the masses.

I'd rather they had gone with the origin. Granted, many people would have been bored, but at least they could start from the point when Clark moves to Metropolis and Superman makes his first appearences. I want to see how things evolve from there, how Lois deals with all this, how Lex turns to evil, etc.

I hope they dont have Lex be evil from the get go.

They could still start with Clark's move to Metropolis. I assume no origin means no Krypton, not no first day at the DP.

Yes, thats what Im hoping as well.

yea all i am hoping for is at least some origin stuff. Cause not having any krypton or even smallville stuff would be disapointing sinc we lost out on characters and plots we can have. I still hope for when ever this does get to production stage(really hope it will) that the legal crap will be finally settled so we can use all the stuff. Cause it would suck to know we cant have this item or that item out of the superman mythos and all that. Plus i would like to have origin so we can set things up differently and put a new spin on things.

i don't care for the origins stuff. I don't mind if they mention it, or have flashbacks, but Superman needs to progress from this creative plateau.

Superman was introduced in the Donner film.

Then Superman was reintroduce (coming back to Earth) in 'Returns'.

we don't need a third one.

I just want to see some Smallville scenes especially something like Superman for all seasons with Lana, Pete, Tornado and all. I could care less for Krypton really.

well for me with being a new take on superman we should have origins told so we can have a new and different take on them and all that. Like i said i dont want the only film origin to forever be the donner one.

If it`s like Superman for all seasons, that we really don`t see the origin, but we see key defining moments in Clark`s life, i`m all for it. I actually wouldn`t mind seeing Krypton only in a sequel. But you know what, if Brainiac is the villain, I just DOUBT we are not going to see Krypton....It makes no sense for them not to even mention it...

yea i know they have to at least have some origin stuff. or maybe working on the heirs on settling things so they can be added to later drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"