Superman Returns SR's Sequel to start shooting in 2007!Singer Not Directing Logan's Run!

Strgts said:
Fantastic Four / Batman Begins did not make over that & they are getting Sequels. Movies these days making a certain amount of Money Box Office wise idoes not matter

OMG, SR have $185m budget. So if it doesn't make more than $250m, it will not get sequel.

There is big difference.

And 20th Century Fox are stupid, that is why they are making FF2.

WB is goint to make BB2, because it had success criticaly and made $200m. BB's budget was only $150m.

So SR have to get more than $250m. My predictions are $318m.

THIS ISN'T A BOX OFFICE THREAD. Good Lord look what you've all done, you've turned on Cinnamon. Shame on you. You know how hard it is to turn it off once it's heard people mention Box Office!

Dammit.

You guys don't understand that Batman Begins, while only making "pretty good" money...was an absolute MEGA-HIT. It was fighting the stigma of two horribly campy/corny/and cheesy previous movies...the last, leaving an absolute HORRIBLE flavor in people's mouth. It being a FIFTH sequel to a film franchise that only went dead in 1998. It was also fighting a HUGE slump at the box office. So, for it to even make a lil over 200 million, while being considered critically the Best Bat-Film EVER....thats one hell of a success. And deserving of more sequels. Not to mention people will be over pumped for a sequel, due to a) the teasing end of Batman "BEGINS" (shows the fun is just starting) b) the quality, and seriousness of the film c) EVERYONE's favorite villain is in the sequel and d) EVERYONE hopes to see Katie Holmes BRUTALLY murdered on screen. The Bat-franchise has more going for it, then even Spider-Man. The general audience next time, will be in JUST as much anticipation for BEGINS II, as the fanboys were for Batman Begins. Fanboys, and critics are what pushed the movie to make what it did. They encouraged people. With people already knowing and wanting more, BEGINS II will make some pretty nice cake.

Not to mention, it is one of the best selling DVD's of the year...and I rarely see it in stock in stores.

Fatboy Roberts said:
THIS ISN'T A BOX OFFICE THREAD. Good Lord look what you've all done, you've turned on Cinnamon. Shame on you. You know how hard it is to turn it off once it's heard people mention Box Office!

Dammit.

Look, it isn't, but... We are talking about sequel, and if we want sequel, SR should get high numbers.

So there is part of box office also.

Cinemaman said:
Look, it isn't, but... We are talking about sequel, and if we want sequel, SR should get high numbers.

So there is part of box office also.
Exactly. Well stated my brotha. :o

Cinemaman said:
if we want sequel, SR should get high numbers.

As I said Batman Begins did not get "High Numbers" & thats getting a Sequel & the same with Fantastic Four. This Movie getting a certain amount of "High Numbers" means NOTHING as the Two Movies as I used as exambles are proof enough. I wish People would stop thinking this way.

Strgts said:
As I said Batman Begins did not get "High Numbers" & thats getting a Sequel & the same with Fantastic Four. This Movie getting a certain amount of "High Numbers" means NOTHING as the Two Movies as I used as exambles are proof enough
No, BEGINS did get High Numbers. Some of the highest this past year, with a slow box office. And it made a KILLING on DVD. Just being a good piece of art, isn't good enough to get you by... you got fufill all aspects to make it a success. :up:

Ex. Batman Returns

Whack Arnolds said:
You guys don't understand that Batman Begins, while only making "pretty good" money...was an absolute MEGA-HIT. It was fighting the stigma of two horribly campy/corny/and cheesy previous movies...the last, leaving an absolute HORRIBLE flavor in people's mouth. It being a FIFTH sequel to a film franchise that only went dead in 1998. It was also fighting a HUGE slump at the box office. So, for it to even make a lil over 200 million, while being considered critically the Best Bat-Film EVER....thats one hell of a success. And deserving of more sequels. Not to mention people will be over pumped for a sequel, due to a) the teasing end of Batman "BEGINS" (shows the fun is just starting) b) the quality, and seriousness of the film c) EVERYONE's favorite villain is in the sequel and d) EVERYONE hopes to see Katie Holmes BRUTALLY murdered on screen. The Bat-franchise has more going for it, then even Spider-Man. The general audience next time, will be in JUST as much anticipation for BEGINS II, as the fanboys were for Batman Begins. Fanboys, and critics are what pushed the movie to make what it did. They encouraged people. With people already knowing and wanting more, BEGINS II will make some pretty nice cake.

Look at Fantastic Four. That is another examble. So Movies these days making a certain amount of Money means nothing

Whack Arnolds said:

Look, I think BB had success criticaly and comercaly.

It made $200m with only $48m opening weekend, so it had legs. And I think it made enough good numbers, but NOT in overseas.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=batmanbegins.htm

It also had enough positive reviews from critics and general people.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_begins/

Strgts said:
As I said Batman Begins did not get "High Numbers" & thats getting a Sequel & the same with Fantastic Four. This Movie getting a certain amount of "High Numbers" means NOTHING as the Two Movies as I used as exambles are proof enough. I wish People would stop thinking this way.

I SAID, BB DIDN'T HAVE $185m BUDGET! CAN YOU UNDERSTAND IT?????

Cinemaman said:
I SAID, BB DIDN'T HAVE $185m BUDGET! CAN YOU UNDERSTAND IT?????

When was I talking about Budgets ? Can you understand it ? Again

I GIVE UP

Whack Arnolds said:
No, BEGINS did get High Numbers. Some of the highest this past year, with a slow box office. And it made a KILLING on DVD. Just being a good piece of art, isn't good enough to get you by... you got fufill all aspects to make it a success. :up:

Ex. Batman Returns

How much did BB make in DVD sales? I cant remember numbers.

Strgts said:
When was I talking about Budgets ? Can you understand it ? Again

I GIVE UP

If movie makes less than its budget, than it is flop. But for SR it will not be good, if it makes only $200m.

Cinemaman said:
How much did BB make in DVD sales? I cant remember numbers.
It's still going...but there was a link to it not long ago. One of the top sales, of 2005...

There's no way Superman Returns will get less than 300 million!

boywonder13 said:
There's no way Superman Returns will get less than 300 million!

I have also interest about numbers in overseas. I think it will get$350-390m in overseas. But it would be not so good, if SR made less than $650m in worldwide.

If SR makes $250-260m domesticly, it will get about $600-620m in worldwide.

If SR makes $270-280m domesticly, it will get about $630-640m in world wide.

If SR makes $290-300m domesticly, it will get about $650-680m in worldwide.

If SR makes $310-320m domesticly, it will get about $690-710m in worldwide.

It will be titled "SR2: Zod Returns", and will feature Superman's son Jason-El fighting against General Zod's son Todd. ;)

TheSumOfGod said:
It will be titled "SR2: Zod Returns", and will feature Superman's son Jason-El fighting against General Zod's son Todd. ;)
now THAT would be a soar for sight eyes...

I like Singer, but it's been a long as time since he's directed a smaller movie like Apt Pupil or Usual Suspects. I think he should get back into something like that, THEN direct Superman 2..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"