No Oscar category for Stunt men and women

RetrogradeOrbit

Do I look like I'm joking?
Reaction score
This does not sound very fair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21460202

Would it hurt that much for the Academy to let them have their own award?

If not for these uniquely talented men and women, movies would not be anywhere near as exciting as they are.

I say, give them their own award category, it is way past time for it to happen.

Last edited:
Yeah, but if they added another category, they wouldn't have time to thank the show's producers and whats his name, the head of the Academy.

Action in general is disgracefully overlooked by the Oscars, it's as much an art as costume design and special effects, and movies with it in account for most of the money Hollywood makes.

I doubt we'll even be using stuntmen/women that much in a few years. I don't care either way. I think that other new categories (such as recognizing genres like horror/comedy) are a greater priority.

I think they should put one in. They work hard enough and do deserve the recognition.

I doubt we'll even be using stuntmen/women that much in a few years. I don't care either way. I think that other new categories (such as recognizing genres like horror/comedy) are a greater priority.

I don't think horror and comedy need their own categories. They just need to broaden their view of what makes up a good performance.

On that note its kind of nuts that RDJ was nominated for Tropic Thunder.

If they have speaking roles, or the character they are stunting is it's own individual recognizable character who conveys through it's stunts, but then they would be in the actor category anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"