Stuntmen to lobby Academy for award category.

Paroxysm

Superhero
Reaction score
Should there be an Oscar for Best Stunt? A group of stunt coordinators plan to lobby the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Board of Governors tonight for their own category at the annual awards. Veteran stunt coordinator Jack Gill (Fast Five) has been petitioning AMPAS for two decades now, to no avail. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the stunt coordinators are proposing that their award be handed out before the main telecast, though they want a clip of the presentation to be shown during the broadcast.

So would the addition of a Best Stunt award make you more likely to watch the Oscars?
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni11724927/

They risk their lives to entertain. They should be recognized for it.

I say why not?

The broadcast is already 50million hours long anyway and best stunt would be more interesting than best sound design. Sound design is extremely important so I'm not knocking it.

I figure if they can have a category for best makeup why not best stunt work?

I just got done reading Vic Armstrong's book and yes they should definitely have an award for best stunt. The stuff they do is ridiculous and they should be recognized.

I agree stun work is a very intricate task so they more than deserve some recognition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"