Days of Future Past No Stan Lee cameo in XMFC: How do you feel about this?

good it shows the film makers are more concerned about making a good film than writing a cameo for stan

he takes you out of the movie imo

The Director's Cut of Daredevil should not be listed In same breathas Fantastic Fours films,Spider-Man 3,and Last Stand.

He also didn't cameo In X2,The Punisher,or any of the Blade films.

Well, his used to be really intrusive, albeit nice to see. His cameo in Thor is probably the best they've done. It felt the most organic.

The Director's Cut of Daredevil should not be listed In same breathas Fantastic Fours films,Spider-Man 3,and Last Stand.

He also didn't cameo In X2,The Punisher,or any of the Blade films.
Daredevil DC is a cut above the theatrical cut, but still far from being great.

Doesn't bother me at all.

I disagree about the Daredevil director's cut.It still suffers from the basic problem.They
tried to do too much In one film.But regardless It Is step above both fantastic four films,
The Last Stand,and Spider-man 3.

He didn't cameo In x2 so not having him cameo doesn't mean It can't be a success.

this is great news, he is usually a distraction. by far his worst was in FF. utterly dreadful. it truly shows that the good directors keep his presence to a minimum.

Not bothered. He wasn't in X2 either. Had no effect on the quality of the movie.

I don't think it would have made that much of a difference, it certainly wouldn't make or break a film.

It won't make any difference.

I bring it up because there still seems to be a small number of people who act like Stan Lee's cameos add good luck to the movies for some reason..

Not a big deal. I like seeing Stan on the screen every now and again, but I agree it can take you out of the moment. Especially with this one being set in the 60's, it makes sense to not have the cameo.

Not bothered. He wasn't in X2 either. Had no effect on the quality of the movie.
it is kinda curious, though... not in X2, but, after Singer leaves he shows up in X3, now that Singer's back on board, no cameo again

just saying

He cameoed as the neighbor whose water started flowing upward in the prologue of X3.

I think his best cameos, so far, are the ones where he really doesn't speak. X1 was nice cuz he's just in the background. X3 was nice cuz he's there, but it's really quick and doesn't really take you out of the film.

I never cared for the cameo where he has lines. But I still enjoy them to a degree :D

My favorite cameos from him are Thor and Iron Man. I don't really mind that he's not going to be in this film.

Thor is his greatest cameo to date IMO

Thor is his greatest cameo to date IMO

X-Men: The Last Stand would have be it if they had kept his one line. If I remember right, he was supposed to say "What the ****?" Jean does her thing to the neighborhood.

I liked his cameo in Rise of the Silver Surfer, because it was a nice nod to a moment from the actual wedding issue of the comic.

I like the cameos he has in the Marvel Studios movies. He doesn't talk much, if at all(just 4 words spoken in total out of 4 cameos so far) and his presence doesn't stop the movies or pull you out of them and they're pretty clever rather than simply cutting to him for no reason. The X1 cameo is also good and unobtrusive. The cameos in SM1 & 2 are ok even thought he's doing the exact same thing in both(way to be creative Raimi) and his one in DD isn't bad either nor is X3's. The worst ones are the FF cameos, SM3, AngHulk, etc. where they pull you out by giving him too much dialogue. Hell, in SM3 they actually stop the damn movie to give him screen time. The only thing I'd rate the MCU cameos above the other not bad ones in X1, SM1, SM2 & DD is that the MCU ones are also a bit more clever in how they do it.

Now him having no cameo in XM:FC doesn't bother me since it's already been done in X2. Precedent has already been set.

Now look at the quality of both movies.
I am sorry, but, I don't see how having a certain person as a background character, or quick scene, could possible effect the quality of a film

Not a big deal. I like seeing Stan on the screen every now and again, but I agree it can take you out of the moment. Especially with this one being set in the 60's, it makes sense to not have the cameo.
wait what...?
oh, so, I guess, it'll take you out of the 60's setting, to see someone we know from the present, huh... kinda like everyone else in the cast...lol

"hey, whats James McAvoy doing in the 60's? wait a minute this isn't really the 60's... its a fake" :wow:

no offence, only joking around, here...

but, still, just saying, it being set in the 60's, has nothing to do with why he doesn't have a cameo (I mean, he has a cameo in Cap. A, and that's set in the 40's)

Stan's cameos have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the movie. This will neither help nor hurt the film. It's just a non factor. I like seeing Stan in movies because he deserves to be there and he loves doing it and his cameos are always like a nice little easter egg. But as I said, this won't affect the movie in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"