• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

While I like the classic Rhino design look, I agree they are probably gonna keep the mech/robot suit. If they can sleek down the suit, loose the guns/missiles and keep it looking somewhat similar to the Ultimate design, I'd be fine with at.

Also he should be a bit more menacing and less hammy than he was in TASM2 without losing the goofiness inherent to the character. Not that it really matters since I doubt Giamatti would have that much more screentime in NWH than he did in TASM2 lol.

Also he should be a bit more menacing and less hammy than he was in TASM2 without losing the goofiness inherent to the character. Not that it really matters since I doubt Giamatti would have that much more screentime in NWH than he did in TASM2 lol.

Eh, Rhino was barely in TASM 2. It was basically an extended cameo. If he's part of the S6 and he's in the final climax, I would imagine he would have far bigger role, than the last time we saw him.

Eh, Rhino was barely in TASM 2. It was basically an extended cameo. If he's part of the S6 and he's in the final climax, I would imagine he would have far bigger role, than the last time we saw him.

"Far bigger" in this case would probably mean slightly more screentime than the first Shocker had in HoCo. Ideally with the S6, two or three of the villains would get the main focus (in this case, probably Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus, maybe Electro since Jamie Foxx was cast so early), and the other three would be side villains (most likely Sandman, Lizard, and Rhino).

"Far bigger" in this case would probably mean slightly more screentime than the first Shocker had in HoCo. Ideally with the S6, two or three of the villains would get the main focus (in this case, probably Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus, possibly Electro since Jamie Foxx was cast so early), and the other three would be side villains (most likely Sandman, Lizard, and Rhino).

Shocker wasn't part of the final climax in Homecoming.

If rumors are to be believed, the final climax of this movie will have the 3 Spider-Men battling the S6.

That means all the villains will be part of the final battle.

Shocker wasn't part of the final climax in Homecoming.

If rumors are to be believed, the final climax of this movie will have the 3 Spider-Men battling the S6.

That means all the villains will be part of the final battle.

I understand. I meant screen time beyond the final battle, like how many scenes would they have before and/or after the climax.

Last edited:
Classic Goblin look or bust. On top of all the other goodies in this movie seeing Willem Dafoe rock the classic green/purple goblin look would be the sweet sweet icing on the cake.
Unpopular opinion but i don't see the classic look ever working without some major reimagining. Nothing about it makes sense

There's a reason why Vulture in Homecoming wasn't a 70 yo in green long johns

Unpopular opinion but i don't see the classic look ever working without some major reimagining. Nothing about it makes sense

There's a reason why Vulture in Homecoming wasn't a 70 yo in green long johns
Michael Keaton will turn 70 this year, so at least they weren't removed when it comes to character's age at least.

But yes, tweaks are a normal thing we expect to happen anyway, we still want the more traditional green and purple color grid.

I don't mind the armored look for Goblin. Just do it right. Not the eye sore from the original film.

I think Goblin is in dire need of a redesign more than anyone. Spider-Man's greatest villain. 20 years and no one has gotten him right.

Last chance. The ball is in Marvel's court.

Michael Keaton will turn 70 this year, so at least they weren't removed when it comes to character's age at least.

But yes, tweaks are a normal thing we expect to happen anyway, we still want the more traditional green and purple color grid.
I could see something like these working
ETE8zWfWAAEyE7V.jpg eduardo-brito-goblin-concept.jpg

And they're stylistically consistent with Raimi's design (assuming this is the same version).

I like that first piece of concept art above from the first movie, it's slick. I think I've heard before part of the reason they didn't go for something more like that was the Goblin suits were becoming too complex for them to make. Maybe 20 years later they could pull it off. I'd be happy seeing more purple.

Honestly the Green Goblin's classic comics design isn't my favorite thing, controversial maybe but I like the Humberto Ramos redesign from the early 2000s the best.

I've always seen Green Goblin as Marvel equivalent of Joker, so why not portray him in a similar way? Make him look scary and let his mask symbolize his madness.

Any generic tactical outfit is enough. The most important is the mask and I would see it similar to that of Michael Myers. Let it be a mask that Norman made himself as "his true face".

jay-doherty-img-e3105.jpg

But to be honest I will say that I like the original costume, just let it be a little more chunky,
The mask might look a bit like that of Taskmaster from Black Widow, and that's enough.

ddmk9er-a02f0878-66b1-4459-a1bb-303558d5d315.jpg

Last edited:
I like that first piece of concept art above from the first movie, it's slick. I think I've heard before part of the reason they didn't go for something more like that was the Goblin suits were becoming too complex for them to make. Maybe 20 years later they could pull it off. I'd be happy seeing more purple.

Honestly the Green Goblin's classic comics design isn't my favorite thing, controversial maybe but I like the Humberto Ramos redesign from the early 2000s the best.
Yea your not alone there. The classic costume just doesn't translate well in live action, it's too corny for a villain who's supposed to be terrifying. Even Electro's comics costume looks better.

That could work, yeah. The eyes need to be Yellow though. And he needs a more classic looking glider. Prehaps with the devil head on the front. The MCU isn't shy in making the characters look goofy and comic accurate. I'd prefer them to keep the suits intact purely from a history/nostalgia point of view. I want to believe these characters are the same ones from the previous movies.

Yeah, I really hope they've gone all out in going more Halloweeny with the Green Goblin's look here. Always liked the suit from the first movie but no doubt would be awesome seeing Dafoe in something more spooky and Goblin-esque than the military style we got twice now (and the hulkgoblin from Spider-Verse). It's crazy even typing that at all, Dafoe likely being the Green Goblin again, that is.

Like that crazy cool Daily Bugle LEGO set just released, I wonder if they're gonna do a set with the entire Sinister Six and the three Spider-Men. Perhaps with the statue of liberty....? :cwink: LEGO did sets for the first two Raimi movies so they were LEGO-ized before, it'd be neat seeing them all in that form again 20 years later. ASM Spidey was only a SDCC exclusive minifig.

I'll be astonished if they don't end up having a NWH LEGO set of the Liberty Island climax.

Make his gear witchier too. The glider should be more bat-like, the pumpkin bombs should look more like actual Jack-o'-Lanterns. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to the man-purse either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"