The Dark Knight Nolan's Gotham and atmosphere

Yes. The prologue doesn't feel like a Batman movie because it's not supposed to. You're in the middle of a heist action movie and in the end you get pulled into the ****ed up world of Batman when Joker unmasks.

I think it might also be that the Joker is a much different villian than the villians in Begins. Falcone, Scarecrow and Ra's were more in the shadows in Begins, the Joker on the other hand, looks to be much more hands on and openly challenging Batman and Gotham as a whole. Plus he appearance is so much different too, the other three villians were normal looking in the movie, with the obvious exception of when Scarecrow put on his mask, but even that wasn't too over the top and really blended well with the color scheme. Joker sticks out a lot more.

I think it might also be that the Joker is a much different villian than the villians in Begins. Falcone, Scarecrow and Ra's were more in the shadows in Begins, the Joker on the other hand, looks to be much more hands on and openly challenging Batman and Gotham as a whole. Plus he appearance is so much different too, the other three villians were normal looking in the movie, with the obvious exception of when Scarecrow put on his mask, but even that wasn't too over the top and really blended well with the color scheme. Joker sticks out a lot more.

mos def,
i think some of it has to do with seeing batman in daylight and not just at night, and that the action scenes look to be more clear.

There's a couple things that are different, that are going to add to that different atmosphere.

One being the presence of the Joker, which changes the playing field entirely. Since he wasn't in Begins at all, and now he's a major part of TDK, it's going to feel different, naturally. The fact that he takes center stage and that he's such a larger than life personality makes a huge difference. The villains in Begins were great, but by definition they weren't loud and showy, everything the Joker is.

Second is the city, from the looks of it. The action seems to take place more in the heart of the city than it did in Begins. Except for the Tumbler chase and the train sequence (both of which sped through the city without lingering on it), most of the Batman stuff took place in the Narrows, the ghetto. That's where the drugs were, that's where Arkham was, etc.

They said the same thing about Batman Begins when the teasers and trailers came out. "Regular action movie, no atmosphere, not Batman, the end."

I felt the trailer was tailored around the Joker and that makes the atmosphere a little different. However, most of the scenes with Batman alone (especially the pod scenes) seemed very much like what we saw in Begins.

It's similar to the situation of the original Star Wars trilogy - Empire was significantly different from A New Hope, and in turn, Jedi was different than Empire. They're all telling the same story, but each need to stand on their own, merit-wise and stylistically.

The "Nolan Trilogy" will be no different. They're all telling the same story: the origin, rise, and (presumably) long-term effects of Batman's career, not to mention his first interactions with some memorable rogues (i.e., Joker and Two-Face.) This is assuming, of course, that Joker's story and Two-Face's story intertwine enough in TDK and are resolved in the third film (with more emphasis on Two-Face, perhaps.) It's almost like Nolan is taking all the memorable stories of the comics (an assortment of Batman origin tales, Joker's first appearance, the Long Halloween, etc.) and making them into one big "Batman summary" for film.

But each film needs to stand on its own to be successful, and that's what's happening. Hence the different atmosphere.

Hit the nail right on the head! There is no possible way that BB's atmosphere can be the same as TDK's only because BB is a setup to what is to come. :yay:

"batmans too realistic!" "batman isnt realistic enough!"

it never ends.. :whatever:

batman is real. i saw him in atlanta the other day.

batman is real. i saw him in atlanta the other day.

That was me
joeybat2.jpg

Well, the bank robbery scene felt like "Heat", the scene where Gotham City was panicing and running in opposite directions felt like the old Batman movies, and the scenes with Joker felt like whole new breed of terror (minus the awful makeup job.)

Well, the bank robbery scene felt like "Heat", the scene where Gotham City was panicing and running in opposite directions felt like the old Batman movies, and the scenes with Joker felt like whole new breed of terror (minus the awful makeup job.)
Makeup was excellent! Clearly you are missing the point.

Begins had a real yellow/brown feel, Yellow is a color to symbolize "the beginning" of something ,,,,also year 1 had alot of yellow and browns in it.....The Dark Knight, looks like it is almost filmed with a blue lense cap.... Nolan also said The Dark Knight has more than one meaning, I take this in the way that The Dark Knight= Batman/ The White Knight= Harvey Dent... one acts agaisnt Injustice in day the other in night... Ironically we know who falls from grace.. The other way it could be taken is in the sense of the title of "The Long Halloween" a period of sh1t and the loss of Harvey Dent on the journey to cleaning up Gotham ,,, It will be a Dark Night from the time Begins ended and BATMAN is given the Joker card to when The Dark Knight film ends... maybe even into the 3 film.... Blue obviously is a color of saddness,,,, so this film fits it perfectly..... anyone who has any knowledge of art knows colors can control the mood of observers... As for the 3rd my Guess is if it is made it will be Red.. Its the color of victory (Dark Victory anyone?) and seems fitting to me, .....

Anyone familiar with Tim Sale and Jeph Loebs work for Marvel will see these examples in the work the did there, Daredevil Yellow... < the beginning of Daredevil... Spider-Man Blue....< Spider-mans loss of Gwen

The Bank Heist truly does feel like the scene in HEAT at the beginning where the crooks rob the armored vehicle with masks and all... though TDK blew that scene out of the water with its unpredictiality,, and like wise it is Batman and the first look at The Joker!

How does it feel to have a conversation with yourself, Led? haha

Hmm... I don't know guys. I don't think Nolan's world would really fit into Nolan's world. Totally not realistic enough.

do we really see the joker in the first 4 minutes of the movie? are we sure theres no scenes before that?

Hmm... I don't know guys. I don't think Nolan's world would really fit into Nolan's world. Totally not realistic enough.

Start the the petition!!!

Sons of Crispin's father campaign to digitally replace all the scenes directed by Christopher Nolan with scenes directed by Christoper Nolan.

Start the the petition!!!

Sons of Crispin's father campaign to digitally replace all the scenes directed by Christopher Nolan with scenes directed by Christoper Nolan.

WE HAVE BEEN SUMMONED BACK INTO ACTION!!!

HODE IT UP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"