Revenge of the Fallen "NoNoNoNoNo", "Bumblebeee", "Optimuuuus". The Sam Witwicky thread!

i think his father in G1 was named Sparkplug or some like that. :hehe:

I thought it was Daniel Witwicky... and Sparkplug was just a nickname.

Meh... the whole charm of Sam and Mikaela is that they arent soldiers. We get to take a break from all the action and the explosions every now and then and take a look at their normal lives. Prime doesnt have a double identity like Batman. Whereas you get to see Bruce behave like a dick in a few scenes, you cant do that with Prime. So they use Sam and Mikaela. So I wouldnt like to see them in the army because the whole movie would be shot in army bases and battlefields. Besides, the whole point of the characters is that they are normal people that are tangled along in a big battle of giant robots. You cant have the autobots and soldiers only because it would get boring. Sam's everyday life is one of the good parts of the movies for me.
We have Lennox and Tyrese. We dont need another Lennox or another hacker. Sam is a college kid, not a soldier.

:up: Spot on, Sam and Mikaela are the most relatable people in the movie for this reason, they cant change that, although I do wonder were they can take Sam from here in the 3rd movie.

Yes I agree with this, he was one of the few characters who really developed. He was not afraid of the robots any more, he was willing to fight and knew what to do.

Definately, he had a determination in this one that he didnt really have in TF1, he stood up for himself a lot more also and just seemed more mature than the Sam of TF1.

See...after discovering an alien robot race, that can certainly change your life and sure did change Sam's.

^Exactly, it definately changed him as a person and you could see that in TF2.

So I watched the movie version of Transformers (cartoon) and it all makes sense now.

Yea I had to go out and rent it, because <shocker> I hadn't seen it before.

Neither did I until a few hours ago. Yeah... it was alright. sucks that Prime died but gah...hey at least he was brought back to life in ROTF.

^That was the biggest sore point since the movie came out, Optimus dying, Rodimus was okay, but he was never any Optimus.

^That was the biggest sore point since the movie came out, Optimus dying, Rodimus was okay, but he was never any Optimus.
That was the point. Magnus would have been just like Prime, and thats why they gave the Matrix to Rodimus. The point was to give the show a breath of fresh air, introducing new characters and stories. That's why Rodimus was perfect for the role. A new inexperienced leader having to step out of the shadow of someone as great as Optimus. Also, Galvatron is supposed to be insane or something so i guess thats a difference from Megatron...

Also, search Youtube for the episode "the hardest burden to bear". Rodimus cant deal with the burden of being the leader and how he has to bear the responsibility for everything, so he resigns. Kup says that Optimus Prime had a similar breakdown when he first took the Matrix but he dealt with it. Watch it, its a good episode!

So you see, he is like a young Optimus.
And i liked his design to be honest!

^I actually think Magnus was quite different to Prime, and they could have taken his character into interesting territory, Rodimus to me was just someone young to draw new youngsters in who thought he was 'hip.'

^I actually think Magnus was quite different to Prime, and they could have taken his character into interesting territory, Rodimus to me was just someone young to draw new youngsters in who thought he was 'hip.'
His alt form, his colours, his size... Everything on him made him look like a Prime ripoff. Then, he is supposed to be the kind of soldier that works better when given orders than giving orders. He doesnt hold a grudge on Rodimus for being the chosen one, instead he supports him as best as he can and always gets his back when Rodimus cant do everything. I think that this role for him is more suited to his personality and it even sends across a message to kids watching. His altruism and his humility are his assets.

Rodimus sure served a ploy to draw the kids, but he also was another kind of leader, so with him the franchise was freshened up. What can i say, i liked the guy and his struggle to be a worthy leader after OP. But that episode i was referring to proves that Prime wasnt so different when he was a young commander. Wisdom and experience come with age...

Personally, i didnt like Rodimus at first. I was ******** over Prime's death, but with time i came to love him. So i can see why people are stuck on Optimus and cant let go. Especially when the replacement isnt as legendary. I suppose the animated Prime of the current show is a lot like Rodimus.

In any case, of course i prefer Prime, just like i prefer Bruce as Batman rather than Dick or Terry. But i dont mind seeing a series about the distant future with Prime's or Batman's successor, as long as i get my healthy dose of Bruce and Prime!

Last edited:
One question I keep having is: What will Sam's role be for TF3? In TF1, he had the map to the Allspark, and in TF2 he had the info on the Matrix and Pyramids locked in his head, but what purpose would he serve for TF3? He can't go back to a normal life since his face was plastered all over tv, but unless something else happens to him, he won't have anything to contribute to the Autobots except yelling out their names during battles.

Well after TF i couldnt figure a way to get Sam involved. He had to be... somehow... But how? So they made this subplot of him having the map in his head and all that, even though Megatron got the allspark shoved in his chest, a fragment brought him and Jetfire back to life, etc. I dont care how stupid the plot might be, Sam has to be involved one way or the other, but he should never be a soldier or anything like that.

Well after TF i couldnt figure a way to get Sam involved. He had to be... somehow... But how? So they made this subplot of him having the map in his head and all that, even though Megatron got the allspark shoved in his chest, a fragment brought him and Jetfire back to life, etc. I dont care how stupid the plot might be, Sam has to be involved one way or the other, but he should never be a soldier or anything like that.

well Sam killed Megs, so i believe he will destroy him along with the autobots...lets say...for "personal reasons" cause if i were Megs i would be pissed off if a little "insect" killed me, ME THE MIGHTY MEGATRON!!! HAHAHAHA....*cough* sorry i went a bit to far there.

Maybe that's why Bay was saying Leo was going to have more screen time in the next.

Okay... so Sam graduates after 3 years in college. What if Mikaela gets kidnapped on the eve of his graduation. Question is, whom would he turn to? The Police? Maybe. What if he gets a sneaky suspicion that maybe Megatron is behind her kidnapping just to get revenge for bringing back Optimus Prime who he apparently defeated in the forest battle and messing up his evil plans to wipe out the human race? I mean thats one reason or two I can see why Megs would kidnap her. He wants to get back at Sam and Optimus.

So I'm thinking that Sam tries to find clues to Mikaela's whereabouts and ends up where Megs wants him to be. So basically its a trap. Once he reunites with Mikaela, the two share an emotional scene together and before Megs advances on Sam, Bumblebee comes to their rescue.

That could be one subplot.

The autobots and decepticons face a larger potential threat that not only could wipe out the human race but themselves as well.

Most scenes could take place on Cybertron or in space.... or something like that. So both parties would eventually team up and take care of the threat...of whatever it is...I dunno. Maybe Unicron

Okay... so Sam graduates after 3 years in college. What if Mikaela gets kidnapped on the eve of his graduation. Question is, whom would he turn to? The Police? Maybe. What if he gets a sneaky suspicion that maybe Megatron is behind her kidnapping just to get revenge for bringing back Optimus Prime who he apparently defeated in the forest battle and messing up his evil plans to wipe out the human race? I mean thats one reason or two I can see why Megs would kidnap her. He wants to get back at Sam and Optimus.

So I'm thinking that Sam tries to find clues to Mikaela's whereabouts and ends up where Megs wants him to be. So basically its a trap. Once he reunites with Mikaela, the two share an emotional scene together and before Megs advances on Sam, Bumblebee comes to their rescue.

That could be one subplot.

The autobots and decepticons face a larger potential threat that not only could wipe out the human race but themselves as well.

Most scenes could take place on Cybertron or in space.... or something like that. So both parties would eventually team up and take care of the threat...of whatever it is...I dunno. Maybe Unicron
Just kidnap Sam and send his head to Optimus. You got yourself a nice trap right there. Why risk it? He might escape again...

*pops an M&M into his mouth* ... ookay. So much for that idea.

My initial idea was Sam getting his ass beat up by a bunch of ninjas in a dark ally as he tries to get to Mikaela who just can't quit being so hot as she always is ...especially since she's good with car engines that need repairs. uh yeah. That was pretty random by the way. Then Bumblebee helps Sam and Mikaela...

How about this...there are bunch of humans who hate the autobots so they form a secret society and they go after Sam cause they know he's got ties to the autobots. Megatron uses them to his advantage. Yeah...then Sam goes wombat on the ninja as they try to take him out.

Then sadly, Sam gets punched in the face and he too is taken away and tied to a chair and as he wakes up, he hears Mikaela's voice. They share a tender moment and bam! Megatron shows his ugly scary face and tries to gain secrets out of Sam of the whereabouts of Optimus so Megatron can kick Prime's ******** and make sure that his plans go unchange...

*pops an M&M into his mouth* ... ookay. So much for that idea.

My initial idea was Sam getting his ass beat up by a bunch of ninjas in a dark ally as he tries to get to Mikaela who just can't quit being so hot as she always is ...especially since she's good with car engines that need repairs. uh yeah. That was pretty random by the way. Then Bumblebee helps Sam and Mikaela...

How about this...there are bunch of humans who hate the autobots so they form a secret society and they go after Sam cause they know he's got ties to the autobots. Megatron uses them to his advantage. Yeah...then Sam goes wombat on the ninja as they try to take him out.

Then sadly, Sam gets punched in the face and he too is taken away and tied to a chair and as he wakes up, he hears Mikaela's voice. They share a tender moment and bam! Megatron shows his ugly scary face and tries to gain secrets out of Sam of the whereabouts of Optimus so Megatron can kick Prime's ******** and make sure that his plans go unchange...
I like it. Now that the secret is out in the open, it would make sense for an anti-TF group to assemble and fight them.
On the other hand, they will only have the element of surprise at first, because after the good guys discover their existence, they wont be able to cope with NEST or the autobot army. So there goes that.
But maybe there could be an outcry across the world to banish the TF from our planet. In the end of course the autobots win our trust.

Btw, at that part in bold i thought you were going to say that bam, Mikaela blows up and Sam becomes twoface! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"