November 4th, 2008: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, and The Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
Early voting just started today here in Ohio, and long lines are forming! Are any of you choosing to vote early in your states? Are you planning to vote on election day? Are you volunteering with a political campaign?

This is for all things GENERAL ELECTION! (INCLUDING CROWD REPORTS AND THE RESULTS!)
Discuss!

Last edited:
I had no idea that you could do this.

I just called for an absentee ballot. In 2004, I really had to make time to vote as I was busy on behalf of John Kerry.
Biggest waste of a personal day. Ever.

Wow, that's really early. You'd think they'd move the early voting days much closer to the actual date. Things can change so quickly in the final weeks moving up to the election.

Man this is gonna be n exciting day...and hopefully a good one.

And no, I am not planning on voting on election day.

I have been posting regularly here since before last January about how great Obama is, but have decided not to vote for him.

;) :p

So who does early voting benefit in this election? I'm thinking with the way things have gone the last week they'd benefit Obama, but I'm not sure.

So who does early voting benefit in this election? I'm thinking with the way things have gone the last week they'd benefit Obama, but I'm not sure.

It's hard to say who it would benefit. Considering all of the new democratic voter registrations, I would think Obama.

Edit: on the account that I misread Souv's statement.

Last edited:
Ok folks. Wanna say, "I told ya so!" Wanna be the one who said they "Knew All Along"? Well then this is the thread to do it. Who will win the Election? And by election I mean any of the elections going on this season.

Be the first on your block to show their love for McCain!

Stand next to Oprah when Obama claims his victory!

This is the prediction thread so make it good!!!

:thing: :doom: :thing:

364 - 189 Obama

In battleground states, I'm giving Obama: Ohio, Florida, Missouri, Colorado and Virginia. I'm giving McCain North Carolina.

Compare this to the Prognostication Thread from January...

I voted Obama because I HOPE he wins but I'm not going to say he's won it till he's won it.

This is far from over. :csad:

Back in January I picked Obama over McCain.....
Then I thought McCain was gaining traction, but that fizzled up.

I still think Obama will win...

I think Obama is going to win, unfortunately.

I've already started to come up with an escape plan.

Seeing as how McCain has been repeatedly shooting himself in the foot since the Palin nomination, its not exactly going out on a limb to say Obama will take the election.

If you really want to make a prediction, tell us the % of the vote he'll win.

I'm not going to call it.

too scared I'll jinx it.

All things being equal: Obama

All things not being equal: McCain

I'm not saying anything. In fact I'm not even going to think it, hope it, wish for it, dream about it...NOTHING! I'm going to wait. In fact I'm not going to be content until maybe 2-3 years into the (most likely) new president's term. No no no. I'm going to wait, not get my hopes up or celebrate a certain (most likely) new president's term until 2-3 years into his term. When MSNBC, NBC or even FoxNews call the race, I'm going to wait for something.

Cause the way it's going a certain Democratic nominee could win in a landslide but some how end up losing. Cause polls mean crap when a certain party has stolen the election twice. Democracy means crap when Jesus freaks have a stranglehold on us. Cause voter suppression and fraud benefits the GOP heavily. Cause one of those Hillybilly Joe's could do something. Cause I'm just waiting for...something. Cause if something does happen I wouldn't be surprised.

I honestly believe McCain will win. He is the Emperor Dark Lord Sith and I'm sure there is some Rovian "Jedi Mind Trick" that they will play on the ever-gullible American populace...again. :whatever:

Why?

Because Republicans are just so unbelievably bloodthirsty when it comes to these things; I am 100% positive they will find some way to hijack this election just like they did for the last 8 years. They will employ some sort of tactic that Obama--for all his talented campaign strategizing and skilled team--will not be able to overcome last minute.

I'm not saying anything. In fact I'm not even going to think it, hope it, wish for it, dream about it...NOTHING! I'm going to wait. In fact I'm not going to be content until maybe 2-3 years into the (most likely) new president's term. No no no. I'm going to wait, not get my hopes up or celebrate a certain (most likely) new president's term until 2-3 years into his term. When MSNBC, NBC or even FoxNews call the race, I'm going to wait for something.

Cause the way it's going a certain Democratic nominee could win in a landslide but some how end up losing. Cause polls mean crap when a certain party has stolen the election twice. Democracy means crap when Jesus freaks have a stranglehold on us. Cause voter suppression and fraud benefits the GOP heavily. Cause one of those Hillybilly Joe's could do something. Cause I'm just waiting for...something. Cause if something does happen I wouldn't be surprised.

You just keep your aluminum foil hat on tight, clutch your gun close and I'll let you know when it's safe to come out of the bunker.

Jesus I smoke copious amounts of pot and even I'm not that paranoid.

I'm not voting on the poll yet. I will cast my actual lot the week of the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"