The 2008 Presidential Inauguration

Reagan created disastrous economic programs & wanted to launch nukes from space.

Reagan sat over the largest period of prolonged peace time economic growth in American history.

I know it is "cool" for lefties to hate him because he tried to destroy the Unions (they need to be destroyed entirely), but Reagan was one of the greatest Presidents EVER.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I mean seriously, I wouldn't even put him in the top 10.

1168882797791.gif

Reagan created disastrous economic programs & wanted to launch nukes from space.

Not to mention his funding of Bin Laden and shall we forget the Iran Contra scandal? People gloss right over those two things. Well look at two of the biggest threats in the world today.

Scalia looks like the old wrestling announcer Jim Ross, only instead of a cowboy hat he is wearing some *****e bag leather hat.

And they are all freezing their asses off.......I don't blame the frowns...

Reagan sat over the largest period of prolonged peace time economic growth in American history.

I know it is "cool" for lefties to hate him because he tried to destroy the Unions (they need to be destroyed entirely), but Reagan was one of the greatest Presidents EVER.

No... I dislike him because he is responsible for supply-side economics, which essentially deflated our economy. He also prolonged the HIV/ AIDS crisis for YEARS before he even acknowledged it was a disease which needed federal funding to combat; he oversaw a corrupt weapons trade with Iran; and he also deregulated the airline industry, which explains why the airlines are able to hijack our wallets with ridiculous "baggage check" charges due to "fuel costs" or what have you.

OH-- and it is impossible for me to hate him for destroying the Soviet Union, since he had NOTHING to do with it. The Soviet Union suffered an economic downfall which peaked during Reagan's presidency. Even if Reagan wasn't president, the Soviet Union would have collapsed before the turn of the century.

PURPLE TICKET TURMOIL EXPLAINED
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/23/purple-ticket-turmoil-wha_n_160150.html

So, what on Earth happened to the now-legendary holders of Purple Inaugural Tickets? Answering this question may ultimately require the re-opening of the X-Files. However, unsatisfied with the accounts we've read thus far, we've taken it upon ourselves to ask those who endured the ordeal to tell us their stories, in the hopes that we might divine some idea of what happened on Inauguration Day.

What follows is an informed reconstruction of the logistical mayhem on and around the Mall on Inauguration Day. It is stitched together from hundreds of accounts, some of which are quoted at length. This shouldn't be considered an official account by any means, and we welcome any information that furthers our understanding of what happened (particularly if it contradicts the standing account).

That said, here are our key findings, unpacked in more detail below.

CORE PLANNING FAILURES

1) Severe shortage of crowd control tools -- law enforcement, volunteers, signage, and barriers -- around the Mall. The few officials helping to direct traffic were pulled away from their spots early in the morning, overwhelmed by the crowd size, or visiting from out of town and not prepared to give directions around Capitol Hill. This shortage of knowledgeable assistance exacerbated logistical problems throughout the day.

2) The gates opened far too late in the morning. Though the official ticketed gates did not open until 8AM, people began arriving at the Mall in large numbers between 4AM and 5AM and were able to gain access to ticketed areas, with or without tickets. As the morning progressed, ticketholders stood in long lines while non-ticketholders continued to find unauthorized paths to enter the Mall.

This explanation is entirely too long to post, but it is interesting.

Feinstein was ROYALLY pissed about that.....

I think #2 was the main problem.....

You forgot three little words in your post "In My Opinion" because that's all it is Your Opinion.

You forgot three little words in your post "In My Opinion" because that's all it is Your Opinion.

Yeah, and no one has ever forgotten those 3 words around here before....:whatever:

Damn Supes even when you are actually giving good advice, you sound partisan....lol

Not to mention his funding of Bin Laden and shall we forget the Iran Contra scandal? People gloss right over those two things. Well look at two of the biggest threats in the world today.

I don't gloss over it. I was just getting warmed up. He was a terrible actor, a horrible governor & a horrendous president. Period. How anyone can say otherwise is beyond me.

I don't gloss over it. I was just getting warmed up. He was a terrible actor, a horrible governor & a horrendous president. Period. How anyone can say otherwise is beyond me.

I wasn't saying that you were glossing over it, but that his supporters gloss right over it.

They also gloss over the fact that when questioned about supplying terrorists, he simply said he didn't remember.

Well in all fairness, Reagan may have been telling the truth on that one..........What? Too soon?

Well in all fairness, Reagan may have been telling the truth on that one..........What? Too soon?

What are you talking about? He WAS telling the truth. I don't know why it was considered big news that he had Alzheimer's in '97 when he CLEARLY had it in '87!

Thats why one shouldnt vote for old guys. :up:

:facepalm

Who Excel voted for for vice-president:

Joe_Biden_official_photo_portrait_2.jpg

Age when he took office: 66

Ronald Reagan's age when he took office: 69

Disease Excel, Biden, and Reagan all have in common:

Biden-foot-in-mouth.jpg

There are plenty of good reasons to trash Reagan, McCain, Republicans or whoeveryou want to trash Excel. Age really isn't one of them. Many-a-70 year old men are much smarter and sharper than you.

Broseph, you took that comment far too seriously ;) :up:

Reagan sure was horrible. I mean just look at what happened under his Presidency.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/taxes/BG1414.cfm Yes it is a Right wing site BUT BEFORE you scream bias, it quotes an entire report form the Joint Economic Committee from April 2000.

And nothign to do with the collapse of the USSR? Are you serious? Yeah it was an economic collapse that killed them. A collapse fueled by the fact that they were spending themselves into oblivion by trying to keep up with OUR weapons and defense spending. Had Reagan not initiated the massive defense build up, the USSR wouldn't have spent themselves to death in trying to keep up with us.

As far as "Star Wars" goes, that was a brilliant idea that was ahead of it's time. It would be nice to have that missle shield now wouldn't it? What with China talking about having long range nuclear strike capabilities along with many other not-so-friendly nations. It would be nice to have that system in space to knock down any missles they sent at us.

Funding of radicals in the middle east at the time was a good idea. YES it proved to be bad in the long term, but at the time it was good. Why go fight the battle ourselves when we can simply arm people already on the ground to fight the much worse threat? Why have our soldiers die, when we can simply back a force that is already fighting the enemy?

Reagan's only flaw in my mind was his wierd fear of Alien invasion.

As far as "Star Wars" goes, that was a brilliant idea that was ahead of it's time. It would be nice to have that missle shield now wouldn't it? What with China talking about having long range nuclear strike capabilities along with many other not-so-friendly nations. It would be nice to have that system in space to knock down any missles they sent at us.

trust me.. if we could have a shield like that today, we WOULD have a shield like that today. our technology is not advanced enough, and probably wouldn't be today, if all our nation did was try to fun it from Regan's presidency till now.

Invisible Force Field "walls" are pure science fiction imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"