November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama should come out dancing to this song.

I keep thinking of Justin Hammer's entrance in Iron man 2 and how Obama should do the same.

I don't believe we have the right to judge people to that extent. Plus death is something you can't take back. My sister was doing research on the death penalty in uni and spoke with a warden who walked a man to his execution (his reply to "Have you found God?" was "I've found my God. Have you?" which was his last words) and it was later discovered that he was innocent of the crime that put him on death row. Once you execute someone, you can't take that back.

When I think of death penalty, I think of serial killers like Ted Bundy, who had raped and murdered probably more than a hundred women before he was executed in Florida. I don't want to see scums like him get to enjoy taxpayers' money and live the rest of his life in a cell somewhere. In fact, death was probably too easy on him considering what he had done in his life.

Forget it. My browser is having issues to be multi-quoting.

The fact is the Republican Party needs restructure. Instead of appealing to Latinos, Women, Working Class/Middle Class and Gays-Lesbians, they only continue to insult and neglect them. That's a doltish maneuver.

Fox seems like they are so despondent.

When I think of death penalty, I think of serial killers like Ted Bundy, who had raped and murdered probably more than a hundred women before he was executed in Florida. I don't want to see scums like him get to enjoy taxpayers' money and live the rest of his life in a cell somewhere. In fact, death was probably too easy on him considering what he had done in his life.
Well Prop 34 would have put him to work in the general prison population. :oldrazz: Right now death row prisoners are in their own special cells and endless appeals cost the state MORE than if they have life sentences. Keeping those death row prisoners on death row costs us over $100 million a year than life imprisonment.

Well, what about people not like Ted Bundy?

Great night for the young people and people who believe in equality.

Ok, now we get to hear why Romney lost. Already listening to it right now.

I have a feeling this race is only heating up for ETM, lol. Go Johnson, Go!

Glad Romney finally gave a concession speech. He was pretty gracious about it. My guess is he was so assured of his victory, and yet the EC is a landslide against him, that it took awhile for him to compose himself. Either way, let's hope everyone takes his advice and works together starting tomorrow.

John Lewis re-elected to another Congressional Term

I just find it fascinating that after 2 years and both Republicans and Democrats having spent a total of $6 billion dollars in this election, who controls the White House, the Congress, and the Senate has remained unchanged.

Nice!! Where was it called that West lost? I was looking at CNN's website and saw it was really close.
Spoke too soon, apparently he is just behind. :o

Let us pray! :funny:

I hope the super PACs are clamped down on after this election. No matter which side of the aisle you stand on, it got way ridiculous on both sides.

Well Prop 34 would have put him to work in the general prison population. :oldrazz: Right now death row prisoners are in their own special cells and endless appeals cost the state MORE than if they have life sentences. Keeping those death row prisoners on death row costs us over $100 million a year than life imprisonment.

I still think we should have a deterrent, but if Prop 34 comes up again in next election, I'll consider it.

Well, what about people not like Ted Bundy?

I said in my original post that I don't think death penalty should be used excessively, so only very violent criminals like Ted Bundy should be on death row. However, if we don't have it, then they'll just live out their life regardless of how many people they have murdered. I do consider myself to be a left-of-middle Democrat and this is one issue that I know libs are usually against but I'm for it.

I just find it fascinating that after 2 years and both Republicans and Democrats having spent a total of $6 billion dollars in this election, who controls the White House, the Congress, and the Senate has remained unchanged.

Small gains for Democrats in both most likely, while the Republicans got gains in terms of the presidential election(Popular vote and won back 2 states)

I do consider myself to be a left-of-middle Democrat and this is one issue that I know libs are usually against but I'm for it.

Same here.

Capital punishment and illegal immigration are my two "conservative" issues.

Man, Karl Rove is straining himself to admit Obama won.

That is a sickening amount that could be better used elsewhere. However, atleast it gets pumped back into the economy (TV, and radio stations, and newspapers mainly). So atleast there's that. Other than that though, you're right. Lots of noise for only a few seats shifting around.

Thought it might be worth it if Michelle Bacchman loses her seat, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"