November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I am more excited about Colorado voting to legalize the use of Pot than the Presidential election? And I don't even smoke the stuff.

Well, I can sleep with a sigh of relief.
3 out of 4 states allowed gay marriage. :yay:

CA is still allowing the death penalty though, looking at the counts so far. :csad: I'm sad about that.

Mitt is sounding pretty sincere right now. I bet he's glad it's over too. :funny:

Mitt is sounding pretty sincere right now. I bet he's glad it's over too. :funny:

It's killing him. You can see it in his face as he walked out. I felt a nanosecond of sympathy for him.

did anyone see the REp's Capaign Strategist say that we have a Latino problem that cost them the election?

Except it's people who DO vote that matter in elections. Plus, if you look at the election map based by county, it's predominately Red (Republican). However, those counties are predominately rural areas whereas the those that went Blue (Democrats) tend to be where most of the big cities are. If you base the Presidential election purely by population and opposed to by state, then candidates would be essentially ignoring huge sections of the country in favor of big cities.

States that don't matter(ie non swing states) have lower voter turnout then swing states. If every vote counts, both sides will go all out and try squeeze out as many votes as humanly possible. Given that roughly %60-65 people who don't vote would more likely vote Democrat, that doesn't really help the Republicans

Romney speaking in under 10 minutes, he's called Obama to concede.
Once he found out winning Ohio, Florida, Virgina STILL wont give him the win....smart move for him to concede...

3 out of 4 states allowed gay marriage. :yay:

CA is still allowing the death penalty though, looking at the counts so far. :csad: I'm sad about that.

I actually voted in favor of death penalty. I don't think they should abuse this penalty, but I think it has to be there as a deterrent against criminals who performed violent acts and believe that they'll just enjoy a nice long vacation behind bars. There has to be a punishment that can fit the crime.

For information's sake.

Puerto Rico can now petition Congress for Statehood.

Once they adopt a government and Constitution that fits within the US Constitution (if they hadn't already), both houses can pass a joint resolution with a simple majority, and the President signs it into law.

Not much different than a bill, actually.

It also takes them out of international events (such as the Olympics) competing as a separate entity.

did anyone see the REp's Capaign Strategist say that we have a Latino problem that cost them the election?

You mean that problem of wanting Illegals to self deport? I call that self inflicted

Illegals cant vote so i dont see how he was referring to them costing them an Election.

That was an...odd concession speech. Kind of backhanded, with some weird remarks- "Ryan's my second best choice, besides Ann"...bwuh? Then again, this was a pretty big struggle between ideologies, so no surprise Mitt chose to end it on traditionalism. It's what distinguished him from Obama. I wonder if the GOP will continue along this path in the future.

Illegals cant vote so i dont see how he was referring to them costing them an Election.

It's strong rhetoric that will turn off people who can vote that may know somebody who is an illegal immigrant

I actually voted in favor of death penalty. I don't think they should abuse this penalty, but I think it has to be there as a deterrent against criminals who performed violent acts and believe that they'll just enjoy a nice long vacation behind bars. There has to be a punishment that can fit the crime.
I don't believe we have the right to judge people to that extent. Plus death is something you can't take back. My sister was doing research on the death penalty in uni and spoke with a warden who walked a man to his execution (his reply to "Have you found God?" was "I've found my God. Have you?" which was his last words) and it was later discovered that he was innocent of the crime that put him on death row. Once you execute someone, you can't take that back.

You don't think this offends the Latinos who were immigrants and became U.S. citizens after they settle here?

Is this with California's popular vote counted? I thought CA would put Obama squarely ahead of Romney.
It's gone up since I posted it. They're still counting California's popular vote. So yeah it should go up substantially.

Far more classy? Ha! If Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace can concede that Romney played it just negative as Obama, then you need to stop clutching at straws.

Might want to read his post a bit more closely, chief.

Yeah, I'm confused too...think I need an adult. Lol. I gave a paragraph of negative things Romney has ran in ads, then said, "far from classy"...not "more", I said "from".

I am wondering what Romney is going to do now that his dreams of being President are deader than Lindsay Lohan's movie caree... (wait, I've used that joke too much, never mind). Will he return to the private sector completely and disappear from public eye, or use his money to be an activist in some way like Al Gore did with that Global Warming movie and Current TV.

The only thing that could cap this night off perfectly is seeing Allen West and Michelle Bachman lose their jobs.

You don't think this offends the Latinos who were immigrants and became U.S. citizens after they settle here?

i think youre not getting my position, i was shocked and disgusted for them to say that about Latinos especially as I am a Latino myself who is a 1st gen American.

I am wondering what Romney is going to do now that his dreams of being President are deader than Lindsay Lohan's movie caree... (wait, I've used that joke too much, never mind). Will he return to the private sector completely and disappear from public eye, or use his money to be an activist in some way like Al Gore did with that Global Warming movie and Current TV.

I have no idea. It's not like John Kerry or John McCain, both of whom returned to the Senate when they lost. Or Paul Ryan, who's likely preparing for re-election in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"