• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Now that Cap's dead what happens to his body

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
As his biological family is long dead and he has no legal known heirs, who has the legal right to claim his body( I somehow doubt that that the American people would want the hero who most personified America to be buried in a "Potters' Field"-reserved for the indigent)? The Avengers will most probably function as his official family.
Will he be buried in "America's Valhalla" of Arlington National Cemetery along with his brother(and sister?) warriors , Presidents, Supreme Court justices? Will the President attend his funeral? Will Bush grant Cap a posthumous pardon? And another issue- what religious denomination will officiate at his burial(although hardly the most up front about his relgious affilations or noted for church going, the late Sentinel of Liberty made it clear that "A God of Love is mine!") Has he left a will? Will not just world leaders but other countries heroes attend the ceremony?(Black Panther and his consort Storm, Omega Flight, Winter Guard and others)?I realise that these are touchy questions given his sudden demise but they have to be asked in the Marvel Universe just as they are in the real world?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know!

i think he might get a posthumoous pardon

They'll probably rent it out to high paying necrophiliacs.

Whatever they do with his body, they really ought to do a funeral issue. We all know he'll be back, but in the meantime it'd be cool to see the heroes (and possibly some of Cap's more playful villains, like Batroc) pay their respects. What would really clinch it for me is if the New Avengers attended and Tony didn't try to arrest them or, more likely given his current characterization, blow them up on the spot, but instead let them be. That would send a nice message that Cap's death affects them all, regardless of allegiance, and his funeral is a time for mutual respect, not petty squabbles.

You don't honor a traitor.:o

Please. The rest of America's the traitor. Cap is a sovereign nation of morality unto himself. :o

Myspace doesn't think so!:cmad:

Cap didnt have me in his top 8.

They should put his remains on display. Like his idol, Lenin:yay:

I have him in my top 8...

my top 8 *****ebags!!1! ell oh ell

Also Cap will have a funeral, the BDR stated that the Falcon registered so that he could attend his funeral.

hh said:
Don't confuse 616 Cap with Ultimate Cap, who's still alive.
I was talking about Darth. However, sometimes his chiseled physique DOES trick my eye...

I'd like to see them do a funeral issue. Kinda like the funeral for Betty Ross a while back where tons of people attended.

I'd like to see 5 times the attendance that Storm and BP's wedding had. A memorial built, the president, etc etc.

Rather than have Stark just drop his hostilities out of respect for Cap (it doesnt seem realistic given the way he's been behaving lately) I think it'd be better if Stark attempted to have the New Avengers captured there but the hostilities get curbed by the others in attendence. (the other Mighty Avengers outright refuse, the neutral characters like the FF, Hercules, the X-men, Omega Flight, BP, The Inhumans etc stand against the attempt)

Well, I suggested a mutual cessation of hostilities as a sign that Iron Man isn't completely irredeemable yet, but your way works too. **** Iron Man.

Exactly. **** Ironman indeed.

It just seemed to me that if he's willing to use Captain America's still fresh corpse as bait to try and capture the NA it's unlikely that Cap's funeral would be that much more taboo for him.

Well, I'm assuming the whole funeral thing would be public, so...Stark wouldn't want to lose face with the public.

He could just hack the TV cameras and show the public what he wants them to see. Extremis makes him an evil techno-god and all right?

Yeah but...the funeral would have lots of spectators there in person.

They can spin it to make it look like no matter what the situation is, SHIELD and its heroes are always there to protect you from the evil non-abiding villainous "heroes". Tony is always there to serve and protect. And, of course, collecting the entrance fee to those who want to see the corpse personally.

'cause we see things that you need not see
and we be places that you need not be
so go on with your life forget that Roswell crap show love to the black suit 'cause that's the Men In
that's the Men In

here come the Men in Black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"