Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

So this has been in development for 4 years and he hasn't been able to tell anyone about and with all the people asking about it all the time, that must have been rough lol.
Really looking forward to this.
Other than the novel, are there any other stories (in the comics perhaps) that you think is something that could possibly be adapted for this show?

Should be interesting!! A little surprised they're not doing a movie but they can probably do more with a TV series.

I'm really surprised that the scripts are finished, but it's a very welcome surprise. Means they have been at it for a while. My most anticipated Disney/Marvel/Star Wars property in a very long time.

Reactions: Bim
Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Series Finds Director (Exclusive)
Deborah Chow, who directed episodes of the upcoming Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian, is returning to the far away galaxy and will direct the series featuring the popular character Obi-Wan Kenobi. It is unclear if Chow will direct the entire series, which is said to be either six or eight episodes, or part.

Chow has proven herself in the elevated genre space in cable series. In addition to two episodes of Mandalorian, she has directed worked on shows such as American Gods, Better Call Saul, Lost in Space, Jessica Jones, Reign and Mr. Robot.

Is Joel Edgerton Returning to 'Star Wars' For the Obi-Wan Kenobi Series?

Ewan McGregor may not be the only familiar face returning for Disney+’s upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series. Another actor that could make a potential return to the Star Wars franchise is Joel Edgerton, who played young Uncle Owen in the prequel films. While nothing has been confirmed, a recent interview suggests that we could see him return in the Obi-Wan series.

Edgerton first appeared as Owen Lars in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones and returned at the end of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith where he and Beru Lars adopted baby Luke Skywalker after Obi-Wan Kenobi entrusted them with him following Padme’s death. That seemed like the last we would see of Uncle Owen, as he’s lived a fairly mundane life when we next see him as portrayed by Phil Brown in 1977’s A New Hope. But there are a fair few decades between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and there’s a chance that Owen Lars could show up again during Obi-Wan’s adventures on Tatooine.

And we could very well see Edgerton show up again in the role, according to MTV’s Josh Horowitz, who recently asked whether Edgerton would be involved with the Disney+ Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

“Caught up with Joel Edgerton today,” Horowitz wrote on Twitter. “I have almost no doubt based on his coy evasiveness that he will be in the Obi Wan Disney+ series. I’ve seen many an actor playfully evade. I’m placing a big bet that Owen will be back.”

Hope so. It would be a great chance to see Owen and Obi-Wan interact more, not to mention Ewan and Joel are fantastic actors, and i'd love to see them have a few exchanges.

Star Wars: Ewan McGregor Talks The Obi-Wan Series
"It’s a f*****g massive relief," he tells Men's Journal. "Because for four years, I’ve been having to lie to people about it." Though he's naturally under orders not to spill much, he did reveal a few new snippets, though Disney had already announced the time period for the show.

"The storyline sits between Episode III and Episode IV,” he says. “The Jedi Order was falling apart. It will be interesting to take a character we know in a way and show him—Well, his arc will be quite interesting, I think, dealing with that the fact that all the Jedi were slaughtered with the end of Episode III. It’s quite something to get over." And he knows what direction he wants to take the character: "I want to get closer and closer to how Obi-Wan felt while Alec Guinness was playing him. I feel like I’m grayer and nearer him in age, so it’ll be easier to do that."

This is Ewan on the Ellen show for his movie Dr. Sleep, but of course the subject of the Obi-Wan tv show came up.

He's looking very Obi-Wansy , I gotta say.

Talks about reprising the role. Says he's going to watch his own performances and watch Alec Guinness' again too before starting.

Starts around 6:40.

After watching episode 3 "The Sin" of The Mandalorian directed by Deborah Chow, who will be the show runner of the Obi Wan series... I'm totally hyped for this! By far my favorite episode, and they all have been spectacular.

Hearing her talk about her experience on The Mandalorian, and how it will carry over to her Obi Wan show... total excitement.

Makes sense. We're likely to see a very young Luke at least, even if just glances of Obi-Wan watching over him.

Saw Ewan at the Golden Globes on sunday. Seems he's sporting a longer-ish hairdo. Wonder if it has to do with the Kenobi show or not, because he has no beard yet.

After The Mandalorian I absolutely cannot wait for this, especially with Deborah Chow as the show runner. She did a stellar job with her 2 episodes.

Casting Call Hints Young Leia to Appear in Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi Series Alongside Luke Skywalker - Bounding Into Comics

Saw some articles rumoring that Jar Jar Binks may appear in the show. Would be interesting to see how that would work out and the audience reaction to it.

Count me curious if he is in the show!

well he played a pretty significant role in the events that happened after.

Jar Jar never annoyed me like he did some lol. Color me curious as to what his role might be if they're going to include him in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"