The Force Awakens Ewan Mcgregor open to return as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

No, I'm pretty sure I want him to return. :oldrazz:

Hahaha Haydens not coming back. They didn't even let him come back when he said he was open to returning to for the Clone Wars. Not to mention how many sources have mentioned distancing themselves from both the EU and the prequels, it's not very likely he's coming back.

Au Contraire. It was never a matter of them not letting him come back. You need actually voice actors for a show that's gonna run for a feature length film as well as 100+ episodes.

Au Contraire. It was never a matter of them not letting him come back. You need actually voice actors for a show that's gonna run for a feature length film as well as 100+ episodes.

Umm...Sam Jackson did V.O. work for the Clone War movie, & not the Series, I call B.S.

More like they couldn't come to a suitable financial agreement...

The movie is one thing. 100 episodes is different.

They let Christopher Lee among other actors return for the film. Not to mention all of the other times they've had real actors voice characters. I don't really care about Hayden or the change in Jedi, if anything I'm kind of partial to it. However, I weighing the facts given it's not looking good for him.

“I’d be up for it. If they need me to be Obi Wan Kenobi, I’d be happy to do it,” McGregor told us.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/ewan-mcgregor-talks-star-wars-episode-vii

It's good to know he will come back if they bring the character back. Considering Guinness is no longer with us I'd say Ewan is coming back at some point. Gotta have the Ob-Wan force ghost.

I'd be totally cool with, he was one of the best character arc I enjoyed immensely in PT, plus I thought he did a marvellous job in taking up the mantle of Sir. Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Ewan's right. He's better off playing Obi till he dies than getting Jack the Giant Slayer-ish parts. He was always bad at picking blockbuster roles (save for SW, of course). I think he should move to Kennedy's house as her pet and sex slave.

I'd be interested to see what McGregor would look like if made-up to look around Guinness' age around the time of the OT.

I'm so glad he has that attitude and is protective about the part. He should be!

Off topic but I really hope that Iron Man gif in The Caped Knights avi isn't finished, because thats some REALLY crappy CGI...I mean I'm usually oblivious to bad CGI too so that's saying something when I can tell.

Anyway yeah, I fear Ewans kind of type cast. He really looks like a different person without the facial hair (even Episodes I-II he looks entirely different) but he's always bearded and looks just like Obi-Wan all the time.

An Emphatic no to Mcregor returning, and a Biblically Emphatic NO to Christensen returning! To be fair though, I like Ewan, he's a good actor. And Hayden? Got nothing against him. But they were both let down by THE WORST SCRIPT AND CHARACTER DIRECTION EVER IN THE WHOLE WORLD. And unfortunately that will be their legacy in this saga. So I think the new crew sailing the good ship Star Wars will distance them from that travesty. :yay:

As long as they make him look like the old "Ben" Kenobi from Episodes IV-VI. Padme should also be in the films via holograms from R2-D2

It would be interesting to see a conversation between Ewan Mcgregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ben Skywalker. It would probably be a scene right after Luke dies and Ben is wondering and looking to the force for guidance and then the ghost of Obi-Wan appears and Ben finally meets his namesake who offers him advice to defeating the bad guy in the movie. Ewan McGregor's probably the only prequel actor I wouldn't mind seeing again. He wasn't too bad and he was probably one of the only actors who realised the prequels sucked ass before they were even released.

Plus it's a little hard to get Alec Guinness again, unless they do what they did with 2Pac or what they've done with Marlon Brando in Superman Returns, and that would look terrible and might be insulting to his memory if not done right as well as creating uproar. Although hearing his voice again and him saying "The Force will be with you always..." to Ben might be hauntingly(excuse the pun) beautiful and dare I say tear-jerking for the audience.

I can see Episode 7 having ghosts again, but due because we lost Alec, it's tricky.

If Yoda comes back as a ghost to advise or comfort Luke, that's fine. But narratively speaking, it would make more sense if it was Obi-Wan. Luke had a bigger bon with Obi, and he has come back to guide Luke three times in the original trilogy.

If Yoda comes back...all by himself....that would be a head scratcher. So I wouldn't mind if Ewan came back. And since he would be a ghost, I think he gets a pass since his image will be distorted anyway. This is the rare exception where I would be okay with it. If you can't get Alec, get the next best thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"