Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

I want this more than i want the Han Solo spin off.

I love the idea although I would love to see obi-wan and vader fight one more time before ANH of course everyone probably would be against it.

I'd refer it if Vader and Obi Wan never crossed paths between ROTS and ANH. There was a line in ANH where Vader and Tarkin discuss Obi Wan being dead. Also, if they did meet it would kind of ruin the tension they had when they first see each other in ANH, kinda of like when Ankain says to Count Dooku "my powers have doubled since the last time we met Count" in ROTS. At the time, ppl assumed that he was referring to their duel in AOTC when Dooku removes his arm. It gave the scene much more weight, especially after Palpatine brings up that fact after Anakin executes Dooku. The Clone Wars cartoon (which is still canon) however undermined that tension because Anakin and Dooku faced off and fought multiple times between EpII and EpIII- making Anakin's line in ROTS see futile.

I would however love a scene where Obi Wan learns that Anakin/Vader didn't die after their duel in EPIII and his reaction to that.

I would however love a scene where Obi Wan learns that Anakin/Vader didn't die after their duel in EPIII and his reaction to that.

I'd love to see that too. I'd also like to see a final battle between Obi Wan and Darth Maul.

I'd love to see that too. I'd also like to see a final battle between Obi Wan and Darth Maul.

The Clone Wars series is still canon, so their encounters in the show count. I would however like to know what became of Maul after he was beaten by Sidious....

The Clone Wars series is still canon, so their encounters in the show count. I would however like to know what became of Maul after he was beaten by Sidious....

The Son of Dathomir comic book showed him escapint and mother Talzin dying in Grievous's hands.

A trilogy of Obi-Wan movies with Ewan would be a dream come true for me, obviously.

I'd love to see:
- The real dynamic between Obi-Wan and Owen.
- Kenobi protecting Luke from a distance, and dealing with the sand people.
- Him helping the Rebellion and Bail Organa even if from far (maybe him even meeting a very young Leia?).
- His "new" training with Qui-Gon, and how it changes him.
- Kenobi finding out Vader is alive.
- Obi dealing with scoundrels, bounty hunters and all kids of cantina folks :woot:
Make it so Disney.

From the OT it seemed that Owen didn't really like Obi Wan, or played like he didn't. I know he didn't want Luke going near Obi Wan out of fear he may follow in the foot steps of his true family lineage, but to me Owen seemed liked he had had a falling out with Obi Wan at some point. If that's the case, i'd like that adressed.

My feeling about an obi wan spin off would be that it will take plot elements from episode 1, 3 and 4 and combine them for an obi wan story like obviously the aftermath of episode 3 will likely be a factor and it would be surprising if Qui-Gon jinn force ghost didn't appear and darth maul didn't come back

Plus darth vader could even appear in some fashion and most of the look and feel will probably be episode 4 like x-wings ect ect, basically what you see in rogue one

Last edited:
I doubt Vader would appear, because it's pretty clear that Obi-Wan and Vader didn't interact again until their meeting in A New Hope.

I doubt Vader would appear, because it's pretty clear that Obi-Wan and Vader didn't interact again until their meeting in A New Hope.

No one says they have to encounter one another for vader to have a presence in the movie.

Even if it was just a cameo, I mean picture him and maul on a scene together :o

Last edited:
I think the biggest question with an Obi Wan spin off taking place before ANH would be the plot. Him watching over Luke is the basic premise, but what would be the plot? The actual conflict of the movie? I can't really think of one befitting a 2 hour movie.

I'd love to see more Obi Wan, and Ewan was one of the best parts of the prequels.

Apparently the obi wan graphic book has opened up the idea of him having his own adventures set between episode 3 and 4

Last edited:
I think the biggest question with an Obi Wan spin off taking place before ANH would be the plot. Him watching over Luke is the basic premise, but what would be the plot? The actual conflict of the movie? I can't really think of one befitting a 2 hour movie.

I'd love to see more Obi Wan, and Ewan was one of the best parts of the prequels.

Maul comes hunting him down to finish the job would work.

Apparently the obi wan graphic book or books have opened up the idea of him having his own adventures set between episode 3 and 4

The Star Wars comic series had one issue that focused on Obi-Wan. Basically, he kept to himself and visited Luke every once in a while. He had trouble concealing his true identity because of the injustices that happened around him. At the end of the issue, he kind of breaks free of that and decides to be a more active force in the community.

The Star Wars comic series had one issue that focused on Obi-Wan. Basically, he kept to himself and visited Luke every once in a while. He had trouble concealing his true identity because of the injustices that happened around him. At the end of the issue, he kind of breaks free of that and decides to be a more active force in the community.

I knew it was something like that :up:

He's having another standalone issue on the 20th, for those interested.

would love to see a spinoff film focusing on Obi Wan between Episodes 3 & 4. Darth Maul could potentially come back as he's alive & well. appearances from Yoda & Qui Gon are also possibilities :up:

If Darth Maul appears in an Obi Wan spin off, Ray Park should come back as Maul with Sam Witwer voicing him.

Would an Obi-Wan Anthology film be a place where they could go into the whole Rey-Is-Kenobi's-Granddaughter rumor or nah?

If the rumor is true, that'd be a good place to tell the story.

[YT]WgqEx9aIfCQ[/YT]

From that interview alone I think there must be some talk going on between Ewan and Disney

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"