Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

The trailer for Last Days in the Desert has me very much wanting to see more of Ewan in a desert. Only with a light saber and significantly more Jawas.

I want this so damn bad. McGregor was one of the most consistently good things about the prequels. He deserves this.

God, make it happen Disney pleaseee!:ilv:and i agree, i think Ewan's acting a bit sneaky. I get the feeling there's been some talk already :sly:

Ewan sounds fairly convinced something could be coming with obi wan even though he outright has to say he knows nothing because spilling stuff like that could get him in trouble.

Rumor of the day

During a recent podcast appearance, Entertainment Weekly reporter Anthony Breznican was asked about a solo outing for Obi-Wan, and his response was very interesting indeed. "I have heard rumors that the one reason they haven’t moved sooner on Obi-Wan is that they’re not done with Obi-Wan quite yet in the Saga films. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Obi-Wan thing happen beyond Episode IX." He doesn't elaborate on that beyond some speculation, but it's food for thought!

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-rumor-obi-wan-plans/

Last edited:
This is one case where it doesn't really matter if they wait a little longer. McGregor is 45 and he still pretty much looks the same as he did in 2005.

Yeah he really is ageless, and them waiting a little would be even better giving him a slightly older look to fit in the era they would be making the story set in. But yeah I'm all in with Ewan. Go for it.

Considering I want like 20 Obi-Wan movies featuring Ewan, they can't start soon enough for me. :o

This is one case where it doesn't really matter if they wait a little longer. McGregor is 45 and he still pretty much looks the same as he did in 2005.

When he's Guiness' age, he'll probably still be able to pass for Obi-Wan 5-10 years prior to ANH.

I can wait a while, I guess. Gives him time to play Constantine. And on that subject, even though it's a shameless gimmick, he could totally star in a remake of Bridge on the River Kwai.

Although Rebels seems to be setting up a Darth Maul vs Obi Wan rematch, I would much prefer to see it happen on the big screen

Although Rebels seems to be setting up a Darth Maul vs Obi Wan rematch, I would much prefer to see it happen on the big screen

That will never happen, as far as the movie viewing public is concerned Maul died in Ep1, its only fans who watched stuff like Clone Wars and Rebels, or the comics and novels, who are aware of his return. If they brought Maul back for a live action film they would have to explain it all again to the general public. While there is only one level of Canon with the Star Wars sage now the films will always have priority. The non-film material might require people to have knowledge from the films I don't ever seem them making that viewers of the films required information that was only given in the TV/Comics or novels.

An Obi-Wan spin off could be great, have him watching over a young Luke while avoiding Vader and The Empire hunting for him on Tatooine.

Do you even pay attention to the movies you watch ? Vader & the Empire does not know that Obi-Wan is even alive during that time period until Vader meets up with him again in A New Hope. Tarkin & Vader said as much in A New Hope Darth Maul knows hes there however

Wow, aren't you precious.

There is about 30 years between ROTS and ANH, plenty could happen in that time. Luke says he hates the Empire in ANH, there has to be a reason for that. It's not unthinkable to believe that the Empire has had a presence on Tattooine during those years and done some bad things there. That could include hunting Obi-Wan, who Vader knows is alive at the end of ROTS.

How is that for paying attention?

It would be cool to see the Emperor again at some point, him and Vader ain't the most loyal to each other so you can do stuff with him that Vader doesn't have to know.

Last edited:
It would be cool to see the emperor again at some point, him and Vader ain't the most loyal to each other so you can do stuff with him that Vader doesn't have to know.

That stuff would be great, but I would save all of that for a Vader spin off personally, which could even interlink with the Obi-Wan spin off.

Anakin might know hes alive but clearly never looked for him "I havent felt this presence since" tells me that the last time Anakin saw Obi-Wan was when Obi-Wan had the high ground. Anakin was above Tatooine in A New Hope & did not sense Obi-Wan until Obi-Wan was on the ship

"I haven't felt this presence since...." could be talking about anywhere, anytime though, Vader doesn't say Mustafar, who's to say they haven't encountered each other in some way since ROTS? Even from a distance or something vague between them.

As Rogue One proved there are still,plenty of blanks to fill in in between ROTS and ANH.

Rather than the Empire I would have a group on Bounty Hunters coming after Kenobi, maybe have one of the members turning on the others when he finds out who the target is. That member is then revealed to be a rather worn out Cody for whom the years have not been kind. Cody could have found out what happened during Order 66 from clones like Rex and Wolfe, and has had a hard time living with things. It could be used as a way to expand on what happened on to the clones after 66, how they all reacted to the aftermath of their actions on "Empire Day", with different clones coping differently. Some unable to live with what happened while others tried to live with the lie they were given about the Jedi.

So the film could be Kenobi and Cody going against a big pack of Bounty Hunters, with Cody seeing things as a way to reclaim some of the honour he lost during Order 66. Probably eventually giving his life for his General.

They could even keep the likes out Jabba out of the main story by having it that the gang are trying to do things without Jabba knowing as if he knew Jabba would demand a cut of the bounty since it happened on his turf.

Saw these on Tumblr. :funny:

1XemnyT.jpg

tumblr_oj4887hwfF1raplpwo2_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"