Of the 4 Green lanterns listed...

^ i do agree with you, his would be the easiest halloween costume to make.

rigel7soldiers said:
Guy gardner. It would look the least stupid in real life.
That's the criteria for a good superhero costume? Wow, I guess Professor X beats everyone, then. People wear suits all the time in real life.

Eh. It's relative. Chuck doesn't have a costume since he's not a superhero, per se. He's also a incredibly boring, so I don't much care about what happens to him.Let me reword what I said earlier; Guy's costume looks the least stupid, and thus the best, in my opinion, which is biased because Guy is the only human GL I find at all interesting.

Actually, I think Hal's post-rebirth costume is the best yet, but of the ones you've listed Kyles is coolest IMO.

rigel7soldiers said:
Guy gardner. It would look the least stupid in real life.
Are you serious? The only GL look that would look worse than Guy's in real life is Alans. That late 70s/ early 80s style never looked good.

Alan's would look fine in real life. It's a business shirt and pants with a cape over it. It'd certainly look better than tights on a real person. :o

I thought Allan Scott from the kingdom come was the most powerful green lantern? him or parallax... never thought rayner was soo godly even with his ion powers. Lol sorry for my noobishness i havent read the new gl comics yet.

Kyle was at least as powerful as Parallax with his Ion powers.

Jordan. Gotta go with the classics.

Speaking of which; why no Alan Scott on the poll?

Because the thread starter is apparently opposed to awesomeness. :(

I like Kyle's first costume. I know, I'm probably the only one.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Kyle's Ion suit annoys the hell out of me because only the circle and bottom part of the lantern symbol are glowing. The top part is just green like the rest of his upper torso. They couldn't have just added a little piece of glowing crap up there to balance the symbol out? It just aggravates me every time I see it now.
43360_ful.jpg

Stop b****ing.

Kyle Rayner's costume by a long shot.
Jon Stewarts on JLU is super cool looking also.

The Leaguer said:
43360_ful.jpg

Stop b****ing.
AAAH, they couldn't just add a glowing outline to the bottom of the green part up top?? Make it go away! :(

I don't know WHY you guys are saying "from the jlu" for John Stewart, since that's his current costume.... stop busting out that corny five year old picture...

johnstewart_white2.jpg

this is my fave... Kyle's cool, in that cosmic way... Hal's classic... can't hate it, but not my fave... and Gardner... he's wearing a vest-jacket... HOW can that be cool? I thought part of Guy's appeal was 'yes i look like a dork... so?'

Guy's costume is cool in the Guy context. It would look ******ed on anyone else. And Corp, Alan maybe the greatest badass of all GLs, past and present, but that doesnt change how terrible his costume is. Nothing matches at all. At least Jordan's got some sense of style.

5548_400x600.jpg

Looks pretty good right there. Green, purple, and red spread throughout the costume matches just fine. Not the most obvious color scheme, but it works for him.

Is Terrific gonna be with Checkmate too? Thats pretty sweet if he is.

Yeah, he's the White Bishop. Or a White Bishop. I don't know how many of each position there are anymore.

Thats strange that they would allow superheors into the organization. Really looking forward to next week so I can find out just wtf thats all about.

The whole point of the Checkmate organization post-IC is to be a mix of metahumans and humans. Rucka's said the whole series is built on balances, one of which is the balance between humans and metahumans.

TheCorpulent1 said:
5548_400x600.jpg

Looks pretty good right there. Green, purple, and red spread throughout the costume matches just fine. Not the most obvious color scheme, but it works for him.
Personally, the incredible realism of the cover just shows bad it would look in real life. Its like he was wearing some casual clothes (although I never seen anyone in a red shirt, green pants combo) and added a gawdy purple cape and thought it would make a good superhero costume. I love Alan and all, and let the costume slide since he easily is the coolest golden age-er out there, but it really is a terrible costume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"