Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread - Part 4

Oh holy ****balls

switch-tloz-totk-boxart-011.large.jpg

I hope its not mostly getting from one floating island to the other. I really liked the underground area of the first teaser and was hoping that’s the direction they’re going with it

The name’s cool. Hope this is another classic.

Played the first two NES Zelda games on the Switch over the past 2 months. Playing the SNES A Link To The Past right now. Always loved these games growing up.

I have the NES Classic (and an actual NES in a box somewhere) and I have been meaning to play the originals again but there are so many competing games and so little time... I really just need to knuckle down and start on them.

alas I do not have the nes classic just the snes one, but I do have switch with nintendo online so I can at least play all of those older games on that.

Also, Nintendo is trying to push $70. I suggest using the vouchers.

I don’t feel it yet. It looks like a DLC.
Of course it’s great to have direct sequel, but it should offer a lot more than new variations of Bobklins, Lizalfos and Moblins and a few islands in the sky.

welll…I think it’ll be entertaining

I wonder how long it will take for someone to build a mech for Link?

Mechanically, it is amazing. People are going to create so many things,and be discovering all these weird interactions for years. It will be fun to play with and watch. People are still discovering crazy things in the first game.

Definitely not going to win over those who did not like BOTW. And definitely not going to ease any bitterness over weapon durability. And I still very, very much question the decision for $70.

Anyway, if Bayo 3 didn't kill my G1 switch, it shouldn't blow up here, right?

It's a Zelda game so obviously I'm excited about it, but I'm still a little wary of them just using the same Hyrule map. As much as I enjoyed BOTW, I already thought the world was a little too empty (but I guess made sense for the concept). But to be facing that again, without any significant changes, might be very same-ish.

I'm not overly excited by the sky island. I'm sure there will be some excellent puzzles and combat, but definitely always loved the Nintendo games that had a much more clearly defined game world (Ocarina, Majoras, Mario Sunshine) over the games that felt like like a scattered sandbox of puzzles? (Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy).

I'm curious to see more, but the way Aonuma mentioned Hyrule being different without showing anything makes me a lil suss.

Like with 6 years between releases, it still feels a bit cheap to me if like 60-70% of the experience is the same map we're all very familiar with already.

Honestly looking forward to more mythology for the BotW games.

It's a Zelda game so obviously I'm excited about it, but I'm still a little wary of them just using the same Hyrule map. As much as I enjoyed BOTW, I already thought the world was a little too empty (but I guess made sense for the concept). But to be facing that again, without any significant changes, might be very same-ish.

I'm not overly excited by the sky island. I'm sure there will be some excellent puzzles and combat, but definitely always loved the Nintendo games that had a much more clearly defined game world (Ocarina, Majoras, Mario Sunshine) over the games that felt like like a scattered sandbox of puzzles? (Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy).

I'm curious to see more, but the way Aonuma mentioned Hyrule being different without showing anything makes me a lil suss.

Like with 6 years between releases, it still feels a bit cheap to me if like 60-70% of the experience is the same map we're all very familiar with already.

With this being a direct sequel, I expected the same general map just more populated with better stuff to do.

I just hope, that they dared to flesh out the mystery locations of BotW (Zonai Ruins, Forgotten Temple, 8th Heroine…) instead of just creating new areas in the sky.
That would be a real disappointment for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"