Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread - Part 4

I bought the Zelda OLED Switch two weeks ago but really haven't put a lot of time on it yet. My first two games were Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and Breath of the Wild. I haven't gotten Tears of the Kingdom yet because I want to play BOTW first. Now I'm trying to decide if I should get a Pro Controller or TOTK next. How are the powers controllers? One of my local Walls Marts has the controller/case set with Link on the horse which I think looks really cool. But I also kinda want to hold out for the Nintendo brand Zelda controller. Any advice for a newbie is welcomed.

I bought the Zelda OLED Switch two weeks ago but really haven't put a lot of time on it yet. My first two games were Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and Breath of the Wild. I haven't gotten Tears of the Kingdom yet because I want to play BOTW first. Now I'm trying to decide if I should get a Pro Controller or TOTK next. How are the powers controllers? One of my local Walls Marts has the controller/case set with Link on the horse which I think looks really cool. But I also kinda want to hold out for the Nintendo brand Zelda controller. Any advice for a newbie is welcomed.

No clue. My personal go to for 3rd party controllers is 8bitdo, which I love. The Pro 2 controller is just so comfy. Part of me wants to get a Nintendo pro controller, so i can use my amiibo with a pro controller, as the 8bitdo doesn't have the sensor for them.

Also, for me, the joy cons are fine for non-action heavy games, but I do have some grips on them, just making them bigger and more comfortable in my hands.

Floormaster ruined the game for me (seriously). I can’t handle such scary ****.
Maybe I’ll do something in the sky, b cause that’s the only place where they can’t spawn

I'm happy with that sales comparison.

I figured sales for this would be impressive regardless but what surprised me was that there were midnight event releases for this. I've been out of the loop with stuff like that since I don't even preorder games anymore, I just do launch day in-store pickups at Target or Best Buy but I didn't even know midnight releases were still a thing. I'm sure they did that with Breath of the Wild since that launched with the Switch but last time I went to one was for GTA V ten years ago

I'm happy with that sales comparison.

People were trying to sell that game like it was something. It was hot for a few bigoted weeks, and now people forgot it existed. More people concerned with Elden Ring over a year later.

I've started doing amiibo stuff. Becuase I hate being poor. And well, I get so, so much meat from Wolf Link.

If you would have told me 10 years ago that Zelda of all things would be continuing Deus Exs systems driven immersive sim design philosophy I would have laughed in your face but here we are. It's even got its own version of the dishonored teleport and LMB ladders.

Last edited:
So that final boss fight... I thought it was better than BoTW.

Final boss? I haven't even made it to my first temple yet.

zelda-pixels.gif

I'm actually enjoying taking my sweet time playing this. I don't feel pressured to finish it as fast as possible to avoid spoilers or because another game is on the horizon. I've got nothing else to play until Spider-Man 2 comes out this fall.

Man, the idea of a final boss fight feels like 100 hours away.

Final boss? I haven't even made it to my first temple yet.

zelda-pixels.gif

I'm actually enjoying taking my sweet time playing this. I don't feel pressured to finish it as fast as possible to avoid spoilers or because another game is on the horizon. I've got nothing else to play until Spider-Man 2 comes out this fall.
Very cinematic fight.

So, my fun adventure today.

Did the quest to get the final power. I have started to feel a bit more confident. Unlocked two great fairies, started upgrading my armor. Took out a few Black bobokoblins, letting me create some more powerful weapons. Even found a Lynel bow in a chest.

The depths steals all my confidence. Gloom scares me, even though I have decent hearts now. So, I was avoiding the enemies. So, following the statures, I see some big movement. I had seen big monsters before. So, I use my camera to get a closer look. And this is much bigger than any monster I've fought so far. A Frox. So, that put me in a mood. And as I get to the end of the quest line, to the temple, go into a tree area to avoid this huge ass fort of Gloom bobokoblins. Surprise, ****ing tree monsters, gloom of course. Okay, I run back and take out the two that popped up. But, I apparently draw the attention of the fort. So, I run back into the trees to avoid the swarm of bobokoblins. Turns out, damn half the trees were monsters.

I may have been crying in fear when I got to my destination.

Also, I may not have tortured Koroks today. But, I made a bad boat to take a few people across the fiver. The front end kept dipping into the river, knocking me off, stopping the fans. But, I could get back on shortly after, and start again. Kept doing that all across the river. I was a trip.

So, my fun adventure today.

Did the quest to get the final power. I have started to feel a bit more confident. Unlocked two great fairies, started upgrading my armor. Took out a few Black bobokoblins, letting me create some more powerful weapons. Even found a Lynel bow in a chest.

The depths steals all my confidence. Gloom scares me, even though I have decent hearts now. So, I was avoiding the enemies. So, following the statures, I see some big movement. I had seen big monsters before. So, I use my camera to get a closer look. And this is much bigger than any monster I've fought so far. A Frox. So, that put me in a mood. And as I get to the end of the quest line, to the temple, go into a tree area to avoid this huge ass fort of Gloom bobokoblins. Surprise, ****ing tree monsters, gloom of course. Okay, I run back and take out the two that popped up. But, I apparently draw the attention of the fort. So, I run back into the trees to avoid the swarm of bobokoblins. Turns out, damn half the trees were monsters.

I may have been crying in fear when I got to my destination.

Also, I may not have tortured Koroks today. But, I made a bad boat to take a few people across the fiver. The front end kept dipping into the river, knocking me off, stopping the fans. But, I could get back on shortly after, and start again. Kept doing that all across the river. I was a trip.

A much easier way to do this:
Go to the plateau into the abys where you got the Magnesis ability in BotW. Then use the minecart and you‘ll find your destination without facing 1 monster.

How does this rank compared to other Zeldas?

I personally think it is amazing. Bigger fans of the older Zeldas are not as big fans of it. The only real guideline will be if you liked BOTW, you should enjoy this.

Found my first Coliseum. Figured, what the hell, give it a try.

****ing lynel.

How does this rank compared to other Zeldas?
It's kinda hard to say. It's definitely the promise of BOTW fully realized but compared to the others, and at least for me, Nintendo ran their 3D zelda formula into the ground so I'm not particularly nostalgic for that just yet.

Imho it’s what BotW should’ve been from the beginning.
But it’s not better than BotW (and definitely not better than OoT), because it’s nothing new and groundbreaking.

But it’s not better than BotW (and definitely not better than OoT), because it’s nothing new and groundbreaking.

I do think it is better than BotW, just beacause they've really expanded on that. As for new and groundbreaking, the building system is pretty amazing. Also, there is some damn impressive physics work under the hood, even more than BotW.

Anyone wondering why they didn't just stick to Malice instead of using Gloom?

Eh I think your bar is a little too high. Nobody's doing anything groundbreaking in the gaming currently. Game design these days is about mastering the craft and melding genres together. Design as a whole peeked in the early 2000s and now it's just making things bigger and seeing how these genres can all work together. The most influential games of the last two decades have Demon/Dark souls and all those games are at base conceptual level are 3D Metroidvanias with precision based combat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"