Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Reek, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timstuff Registered

I thought of an interesting story for a Zelda game a while ago that didn't involve Ganon. The story would revolve around the ancient (believed to be extinct) race that the Hylians inherited their pointy ears from. The main antagonists would be a very small group of these beings, who are moving to subjugate the "mongrel" Hylians. I think it would be a great way to create a high-stakes story that feels relevant to the mythos, without involving Ganon.

2. Reek _____

that does sound pretty cool. id like that. ive been thinking about one of the three goddesses or a sage going rogue

3. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I wish they'd have a Zelda game where you don't get the Master Sword until the end. You'd get a sword from each tribe (Kokiri, Goron, and Zora). Kokiri would give you a falchion, Gorons a broadsword, and Zora a rapier.

4. Moviefan2k4 Registered

I'd love to see a 3D-ified version of either the original game or "The Adventure of Link". They could even create it in "2.5D" like Konami did for the "Dracula X Chronicles" on PSP. It'd be cool to see that kind of technology used for a classic Zelda revamp; imagine the "Zelda II" Thunderbird villain in 2.5D! :D

5. Galactus Devourer of Worlds

Something I wouldn't mind is they make a new Zelda taking place in a 3D-version of the world used in Zelda II.

6. Moviefan2k4 Registered

That'd be awesome; imagining the seven palaces in 3D gives me chills. :woot:

7. SuBe Voluntaryist

I would probably be the only way I would be able to beat that game.

SO FREAKING HARD!!!

8. TLH Hypnotized

How about a remake of Ocarina of Time for the DS? :cmad:

9. Reek _____

the ds will be replaced soon im sure lol

10. TLH Hypnotized

They announced the Nintendo DSi (which is just a DS Lite with a camera) for next year, so the DS will be around for at least another few, and given its popularity I don't see it being abolished in favor of a new system for many years.

11. Timstuff Registered

DS doesn't have to power to handle it. They were barely able to get Mario 64 running smoothly on the system, and they had to cut the framerate in half. The N64 was the a powerful 64-bit console, and the DS is a 32-bit handheld that's slightly less powerful than the first Playstation, so it's probably not possible. They'd be better off just making another DS original Zelda.

12. TLH Hypnotized

True, but if the DS can handle huge 3D environments like those found in Metroid Prime: Hunters, I personally don't see why the DS couldn't handle Ocarina of Time as well.

13. Timstuff Registered

This is epic.

14. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

Someone else said something about complete chaos earlier in the thread, and I always had a good idea for this. I thought it might happen towards the end of TP, but it never did. Towards the end of the game everything goes to hell. Castle Town is getting smashed, Kakariko is getting burned, Ganon's agents of chaos are attacking villagers; everyone bands together to stop it. You're on your way to Ganon and you see Zoras and Gorons defending everyone, even the Kokiri's are doing what they can. Not much though, since they can't leave the forest.

Not so much an idea, as a loose outline :(

15. Reek _____

yea. that would be absolutely bad ass. like stuff just gets worse and worse as you go, til the end when its just chaos everywhere.

definitely would be the darkest zelda yet. id like a dark ending too

16. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

As far as dark endings go, 28 Weeks Later is one of my favorites. You almost think things might work out, then in the last second all is lost.

I'd love a Zelda ending reminiscent of ROTS.. it perfectly captured the phrase "As the shroud of the darkside falls.. a New Hope dawns."

17. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Revenge of the Sith was terrible :o

18. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

EDIT: Double Post

#118 Spidey-Bat, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  19. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

It was awesome. :o

20. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

It was bad. The writing was atrocious and 90% of the movie was CGI.

21. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

I don't know what else you'd expect with something that spans a galaxy with locales nothing like our own planet.

22. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Still doesn't make the writing any better.

23. kyuubijavi1 Registered

I know it won't happen but I'd really like another sequel for Wind Waker with more pirates and more awesomeness. Other than that I think Zelda needs a small change nothing huge but it needs to switch it up maybe a cowboy Zelda game lol.

24. Mogwai Fanboy

i'd like to see another cel-shaded zelda game. it worked for the series just as much as a realistic setting does.

25. Timstuff Registered

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Zelda is cel-shaded. It would tie in with the Wii's family-friendly theme, and also it would probably be very accomidating of wiimote gameplay elements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.