Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Reek, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIRECTOR Registered

I will say it again. I WANT ZELDA HD DAMN IT.

Twilight Princess, even though it looks great, it looks god awful on a 1080p HDTV big screen

2. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

3. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Yea, that is obviously the master sword in some sort of humanoid form.

It makes me quite interested as to what the story is going to be.

4. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Hopefully it's not as annoying as Navi. I wonder if it will be a spirit or a tangible being. As long as you get to use a sword, I'm down with it. I've always wanted a Zelda game where you can use different swords so maybe this will have something like that.

5. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

Man, that really makes me curious. I don't like the idea of Link not using the Master Sword as a weapon, but I really wanna know what's going on.

I really like what Miyamoto was saying about memories and dungeons... are dungeons gonna be done in a slightly different manner?

I was really counting on seeing this at E3 and was disappointed the rest of the day, but now I'm satisfied. It would've been perfect to have the big 3 all at the same time though.

6. Soapy Registered

You could use different swords in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

7. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

OoT you could only use two at one time. I never got the other swords in Majora's Mask b/c the 3-day cycle was a pain in the ass.

8. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

I wouldn't mind the Biggoron's sword coming back. :up:

9. Galactus Devourer of Worlds

MotionPlus Compulsory for Next Zelda
    Miyamoto says peripheral required for Link's next adventure.
    by Martin Robinson, IGN UK
    UK, June 15, 2009 - MotionPlus will be an integral part of the next Zelda game, with comments from Shigeru Miyamoto suggesting that the peripheral will be compulsory for Link's next adventure on the Wii.

'The goal at this point is that we would make Wii MotionPlus required in order to play Zelda', Miyamoto told Wired. 'The bigger hurdle for us is not really whether people have a Wii MotionPlus or don't have it, it's whether or not the experience is one where people will think they want to have a Wii Motion Plus in order to experience it.'

Released this Friday, MotionPlus augment's the Wii's existing remote and introduces near 1:1 control.

The new Zelda game was absent from Nintendo's press conference at this year's E3, with the only details coming in the form of a piece of concept art shown to journalists by Miyamoto.

10. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I would buy a Power Glove if I needed to use it to play Zelda.

11. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Hmm. Well, unless they bundle it with this game then I guess I'll be skipping out. Unless I get another game with it bundled before this title hits

12. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Wii Motion Plus is only $20. That shouldn't stop you from buying the next Wii Zelda game. A Wiimote and Wii Motion Plus cost the same as a Wireless 360 controller.

13. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

Wow, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I bought an expansion pak just to play MM, and never used it for anything else.

14. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Then you missed out on two great games that used it: Perfect Dark (10x better than Goldeneye) and Donkey Kong 64 (though some people hated this for some reason :confused:)

Anyway, I don't see the big deal over it. I'm cheap when it comes to games now (I rarely buy anything for full retail price) but I can fork over $20 for a Wii Motion Plus, especially if it makes the experience better,

15. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

I'm not a FPS fan, and I just couldn't get into DK64 for some reason :(

Nintendo really needs to do a NSMB type port for DKC.

16. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

The motion plus is definitely going to be bundled with the game. If a game requires it then it has to be bundled with it, at least for a year until Nintendo has sold a billion copies of Wii Sports Resort and they can legitimately argue that everyone probably has one.

17. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

They need to make a Donkey Kong game like the clip in Brawl where he's kicking the **** out of Goombas and Koopas. More Kong, less Donkey.

18. Mogwai Fanboy

yeah, DK needs a revamp.

19. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to buy something to play one game when that thing should've been included to begin with.

20. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

If it was going to be included, the Wiimote would have been $60. The odds are good that developers will be taking advantage of it later on, too. Tiger Woods PGA 10 is bundled with that and it has gotten rave reviews with the Wii Motion Plus. Wii Sports Resort uses it and that got good reactions at E3. It's not going to be like the GBA/GC link cable or e-Reader where only a handful of games will use it.

21. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Then I guess I'll be missing out until I buy a title that has it bundled, though I doubt I'll be missing out much since I don't care for Tiger Woods and hate WiiSports. I'm not buying something that essential for the titles and console separate when those type of things should not be separate.

22. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

You think Wii Motion Plus is going to be used by only 3 games? It's going to be used by more and more developers later on and Nintendo will probably release a Wiimote that includes it for $60.

23. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I didn't say that, I was just using your own examples. I really don't care what they release later as far as a Wiimote goes, I just don't think it's right to charge extra for something that some games will have to have to play after you've already spent money on a full console. If they bundle it with a game I buy for free, no problem, no foul on my part (though I still am not fond of the idea of doing). Otherwise I don't support that practice.

You don't like that logic, then that fine, but I could care less. I knew very well if Sony or Microsoft did something like this with their consoles it'd be an outright controversy.

24. GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

Mario Kart came with the wheel, Jungle Beat came with those drums, of course Zelda's gonna come with Motion Plus.

25. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I think you're making a big deal over an attachment for $20. It's a better investment than DLC maps or even some other content for games. Unless you're dirt poor, I don't see how it's a big deal. And if you are dirt poor, you probably shouldn't be buying games to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.