STORY BY Warren Ellis
ART BY Phil Jimenez, Andy Lanning
COLORS BY Frank D'Armata
LETTERS BY VC - Joe Caramagna
COVER BY Phil Jimenez
PUBLISHER: Marvel Comics
COVER PRICE: $2.99
RELEASE DATE: Wed, June 30th, 2010

“eXogenetic” Part 4 Gruesome Bio-Sentinels. Genetically-augmented Brood. Someone is taking the X-Men’s biggest threats and making them nightmares. As Cyclops and his team struggle to survive long enough to confront the one responsible, their tormentor has something even more horrible awaiting them!

Um...Emma got her lipstick the wrong color, green doesn't go well with her hair.

Jesus... So what's the deal with the other mini-arc Ellis is writing? I thought the actual Astonishing book was canceled.

snappy dialogue. and good to see somebody telling Scott to stop acting like a Skrull

Jesus... So what's the deal with the other mini-arc Ellis is writing? I thought the actual Astonishing book was canceled.
I beleive it is. The story never finished though due to the massive delays its been getting. I believe this is the last issue if Im not mistaken

Really? They should have canxed it instead of letting it whiter away. This was such an awesome title too.....

Ha! I nearly lost it when Brand shouted "It wasn't me I didn't do it you can't prove anything." You can always count on Ellis to make a character say something silly when there's danger.

maybe its cuz im so disconnected with this story due to delay, but i didnt care about anything that happened this issue.

That's why I didn't buy it...I picked it up off the shelf... Then realized in order to get back in to the story I'd have to re-read at least the last 3 issues... It's just been to long in between issues.

One, I had no problem with the delay affecting the story because whatever I didn't remember got brought up throughout the issue and, by the first few pages, I remembered the title is freakin' awesome, so that's that.

Two, if you're going to complain you don't remember and would have to read the previous three issues, why not do that? Reading is fun. Comics are fun. Reading comics is a fun pastime. Not to mention in this case it's even a good comic, so that should be less torture.

Three, care more about good comics.

Will the Xenogentic stuff be an ongoing or just a mini? I love it.
"Exogenic" is the last arc Ellis is writing on the current Astonishing title drawn by Jimenez. "Xenogenesis" is the relaunched Astonishing mini series supposedly free of all continuity.

well i may have misunderstood the original press release, but i think Marvel turned "Astonishing" into a comic line like "Ultimate". so Astonishing Wolverine/Spider-Man and Astonishing X-Men should be a bunch of unconnected mini-series. again thats how i understood it.

4_ASTONISHING_X_MEN__XENOGENESIS_5.jpg

ASTONISHING X-MEN: XENOGENESIS #5 (of 5)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
The truth behind the mutant babies of Karere township is discovered -- an innocent man who might also doom the town, if not the whole of Africa, by accident. The X-Men have to put themselves between two armies to save a mutant who might not be worth saving...
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The only thing I'm complaining about this story is the art.

I'm not a big fan of it either, but I've grown used to it. The story is great though. :D

prv6098_cov.jpg

prv6098_pg1.jpg

prv6098_pg2.jpg

prv6098_pg3.jpg

prv6098_pg4.jpg

prv6098_pg5.jpg

prv6098_pg6.jpg

ASTONISHING X-MEN #35

STORY BY Warren Ellis
ART BY Phil Jimenez, Andy Lanning
COLORS BY Frank D'Armata
LETTERS BY VC - Joe Caramagna
COVER BY Phil Jimenez
PUBLISHER: Marvel Comics
COVER PRICE: $2.99
RELEASE DATE: Wed, August 25th, 2010

“eXogenetic” Conclusion! After wading through a swarm of bio-mechanically engineered monstrosities modeled after some of their fiercest foes, the X-Men finally come face to face with the man responsible. He’s given his life to designing the death of the mutant race and with the X-Men at his doorstep, he’s preparing to unleash one more genetic nightmare upon the world before his time runs out.

ive been pretty luke-warm on 'Exogenetic' but i liked this issue. i liked the villain and his hate for the "pretty" mutants.

In regards to Astonishing and I never thought I'd hear myself say it but it is time for it to end in both forms.

well one just ended and the other is only 5 issues long with no word on any follow-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back