Comics Official ULTIMATE X-MEN Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
133_ULTIMATE_COMICS_X_3.jpg

ULTIMATE COMICS X #3
Written by JEPH LOEB
Art & Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
The mystery of Ultimate X continues! With the world recovering from disaster, a select and special few try to figure out their place in it. What connects a mysterious winged guardian in Chicago with a hardworking cop? What is the true nature of this shadowy figure? And what does it all have to do with the ULTIMATE X?! Eisner award-winning writer JEPH LOEB and iconic illustrator ARTHUR ADAMS bring you the next thrilling chapter in this critically-acclaimed series!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Still no clue who he's supposed to be.

If Wolverine's claw was in proximity to his son when he did the whole bone claw to adamantium thing then I don't see why this isn't Mimic.

Could it be maybe Ultimate Archangel? Ultimate Ikarus? I like the look anyway.
As much as I'd want to see Angel somehow surviving Ultimatum and turned into Archangel I just don't see it happening. I'd dig this guy being Ult Ikarus though. It'd be a very interesting ultimization.

well thats definetly not Warren and its obviously not meant to be

The kid in the first issue is not the same person on the cover for #3, so I don't know why you said the person on the cover should be Mimic.

As much as I'd want to see Angel somehow surviving Ultimatum and turned into Archangel I just don't see it happening. I'd dig this guy being Ult Ikarus though. It'd be a very interesting ultimization.

I was thinking more that Ult Archangel would be a completely different person - it's just the wings looking metallic that make me think Archangel. Keep Warren dead, it's one of things I really like about the Ultimate universe, when you're dead you're dead (except that one case of Beast in Ult X-Men who was made to be believe dead, ai!!)

But yeah, Ult Ikarus would be interesting. I'm not all that familiar with 616 Ikarus (wasn't reading X-Men at that point, jumped back on around the time of House of M/Decimation), so I'm not sure what to expect.

I was thinking more that Ult Archangel would be a completely different person - it's just the wings looking metallic that make me think Archangel. Keep Warren dead, it's one of things I really like about the Ultimate universe, when you're dead you're dead (except that one case of Beast in Ult X-Men who was made to be believe dead, ai!!)

But yeah, Ult Ikarus would be interesting. I'm not all that familiar with 616 Ikarus (wasn't reading X-Men at that point, jumped back on around the time of House of M/Decimation), so I'm not sure what to expect.
theres not much to except. The character was very underdeveloped and then was killed off.

So how did you folks enjoy Ultimate X #2? I thought it was upbar with the first issue. Maybe even better. Tho as a guy i felt the father-son thing was alot stronger for me hehe. =p Anyhow here's my thoughts with spoilers and minor nitpicks:
Okay so Karen Grant is Jean Grey.... Here's my nitpick: Art Adams makes her look so young, it's quite akward. Since she's on a relationship with a guy whos in his 30-40s but Jean looks like 18-22 year old. >_>

Rogue and Sabretooth make their appearance which was cool, and yeah Jimmy Hudson finds out Jean... Hey i guess he smelled his father in her. :awesome. Hiyoo!!!!!!

Still pretty nice issue, liking AND worried how this is building up. Why worried? I don't want this title to turn into a Loeb-action fest. :(

Oh yeah the Kid on #3 cover is named Derek Morgan.

Issue 2 wasn't bad. I still miss Logan and worry that Jimmy won't have anything special to make him his own person instead of a blonde cut out of his dad. :(

#2 was pretty badass. My opinion better than the first issue. Kinda curious to see what kind of connection this Derek Morgan has with the past X-Men.

I hope he's totally new myself. I have no problem with new faces and they've already done the illegitmate kid thing. :(

I loved #2! I'm just jumping back onto the whole Ultimate Comics train this month, and it seems like things are going pretty good. The variant had Hulk on the front, so are we to assume that he's going to be in the X-Men revamp down the road?

Yeah if you look at the lineup it's very familiar to the very first X-Men team, with Fire instead of Ice tho. ;) Anyhow this might interest the X-Men fans when it comes to Avengers: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/04/mark-millar-vs-marvel/

Apparently Mark Millar's Ultimate Avengers 3 has Vampires hunting down Mutants, while Blade assists the Avengers. He complains how Vampire Jubilee on mainstream Marvel is VERY close to his UA3 work? So what does this might mean? Will we see our dead favorite Ultimate Mutants rise up as Vampiric slaves? Will we see a Vampire Wolverine? All in due time i say, but it's nice to build up the hype. :)

ULTIMATE COMICS X #4
16le050.jpg
Written by JEPH LOEB
Pencils & Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
The Ultimate Universe's most talked about series continues! Ultimate Spider-Man Peter Parker's classmate Liz Allen vanished after Ultimatum. Where has she been hiding and what connection does she have to the terrible horrible Blob? Join the new cast of Ultimate X as they head to Southern California to find out these secrets and more when Eisner award-winning writer JEPH LOEB and master illustrator ARTHUR ADAMS bring you the next thrilling chapter in this critically-acclaimed series that's selling out everywhere!

ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS 3 #1 (of 6)
29qjp5y.jpg
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils by STEVE DILLON
Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Villain Variant by STEVE DILLON
Foilogram Variant by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Blade is back in a bad way and that can only mean one thing: vampires are afoot! Somebody is leaving behind a bloody trail of bite marks and Blade’s stake-ready to take them on. Could the mysterious figure donned in an iron suit have something to do with it? And who exactly is the new figure leaping around down in a devil costume? As the Avengers get deeper into black ops, there’s no telling who’ll be thirsting for blood and who’ll be next on the menu! Bite into the next exhilarating series of ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS by superstar creators MARK MILLAR (CIVIL WAR, KICK-ASS) and STEVE DILLON (PUNISHERMAX)!

The Ultimate Avengers 3 arc is about Blade, new Daredevil and the Avengers fightning againts vampires who happen to be hunting down Mutants. :p The arc is entitled: Vampire X

133_ULTIMATE_COMICS_X_3.jpg

Still no clue who he's supposed to be.

Ultimate Icarus would be cool to see, even if his more well-known siblings didn't get the proper Ultimate treatment (I think Sam was in a few of the Emma stories, and probably got eaten by Blob in Ultimatum). He looks to me like a male version of Lifeguard, though.

Well i enjoyed Ultimate X #3 alot. So much i apparently forgot to share my thoughts. Arthur Adams' art is deliciously awesome, and Derek has cool mutant power. I mean he can hide the wings inside his body, sure it hurts, but it works! :D It seems Jean Grey is getting help thru someone, and shes collecting these Mutants for... Well we don't know exactly yet.

Anyhow: Advanced Preview: Ultimate Avengers 3 #1

Blade!!!!! This arc should feature some mutants as vampires. Hence i'm posting the preview here.

I thought the #3 was really good as well. I am happy to keep reading this, though I would liek to see them form some kind of team and do team stuff soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"