The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL: Batman in the Burgh - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to bet it's Gordon but how does the crowd know he's dead?

Can anyone actually see any defining features to the hostage?

Oh god, I think I just realized who the hostage is:

John Blake. Remember the spoilers of him getting shot in the head? What if that's what just happened. I know JGL left Pittsburgh but maybe he came back? I don't know

Wow. some of You guys are unreal. We get these awesome reports from the set about whats going on and all you can do is whine about what his voice MAYBE sounds like. Jesus. We wait around for months on end about info for this thing and we get a day like this where a fantastic scene is going down and instead of discussing whats going on we get more childish *****ing about a supposed accent. Good lord.

so bane definitely offed the hostage?

@Travesty: Plus, it doesn't matter what color your skin is, you can grow up in different parts of the world, and have an accent, even if you're a minority in those parts. It doesn't matter that Hardy doesn't look hispanic. He's an actor, he should sound like the character

Exactly.

@Solidus: I know that, I just felt that from a lot of what we've seen they were not going to do that origin. More things pointed the other ways. I hate when some one says "you're racist" for saying nothing more than it seemed like choosing Hardy and going some of the ways they were going it may be a European prison instead of a South American one. I'm not a racist person at all.

I didn't say you were racist. I said your statement is racist. And it is. Nowhere did I say YOU were racist.

Batman072,

Ra's always struck me as middle-eastern/exotic/racially ambiguous in the books.

As far as the NolanVerse, I'm guessing the league is made up of Euros mainly and several other ethnicities with roots in Eastern culture.

whining about the voice is silly, let's see what it sounds like when all is said and done.

John Blake. Remember the spoilers of him getting shot in the head? What if that's what just happened. I know JGL left Pittsburgh but maybe he came back? I don't know

I don't think so. He's been busy doing his own thing at the moment.

Unless he flew back last night. He was at an airport last night but I doubt it.

If the hostage is dead it's not Batman or Gordon. That much we can know for sure.

If somebody could just tell us what the hell he LOOKS like, then maybe we could guess. But apparently no one is able to tell anything at all about what he looks like, even though they can see he's apparently a hostage.

Anybody have a full summary of what Bane said when he was cutting his promo?

You know guys, maybe all of his dialogue will be redone in post so this is just Hardy delivering the lines in his own accent, so he can focus on the preformance instead of on the accent he's trying to do.

You know Darth Vader had a southern accent before they looped his lines, right?

English accent. David Prowse was born and raised in Bristol.
Actually he had an southern accent afterwards, 'cause James Earl Jones is from Mississippi I think.

Accent is a breathy version of his own. Tom just raffled off a car

From Nolan Fans...

"It's my really Serbian or british. Can't really describe it words. It's unique in a good way and he absolutely murdered the scene he was in just now.

No joke, the crowd was estactic after he left for a bit. He KILLED this scene. Trust me I had some doubts on Bane before but no way after that."

Last edited:
Batman072,

Ra's always struck me as middle-eastern/exotic/racially ambiguous in the books.

As far as the NolanVerse, I'm guessing the league is made up of Euros mainly and several other ethnicities with roots in Eastern culture.

Except in the animated series. Where he had a British accent.

I thought JGL already filmed his death scene?

Bane's giving away a car ? :funny:

Wow. some of You guys are unreal. We get these awesome reports from the set about whats going on and all you can do is whine about what his voice MAYBE sounds like. Jesus. We wait around for months on end about info for this thing and we get a day like this where a fantastic scene is going down and instead of discussing whats going on we get more childish *****ing about a supposed accent. Good lord.

Look, I didn't complain when Nolan chose Hardy because Tom has range (despite his size and lack of intimidating stature) -- I accepted it.

...but a Bane without a Spanish background/heritage completely strips him of what he was and is as the character. Hopefully, like batbox stated, the lines will be redone behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"