The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL: Batman in the Burgh - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The voice is easily one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard. I can understand not liking it, but I truly do. Some of the delivery is off but the main idea of his voice is cool and unexpected. Sounds tragically creepy but still with both charisma and command.

What worries me more is that big black ball. I really don't want it to be some kind of earthquake machine.

Not as many updates from the stadium today I see

While it may not be asthma, Hardy definitely had some grunts and strange noises in between the lines for all the takes yesterday. His laugh was more of a "Ahh-ahhhh" than anything resembling a human laugh. I don't know if it was a case of him being exhausted or in pain or something else entirely, but some strange things came out of Hardy's mouth yesterday that wasn't his voice.

I'm starting to think Nolan has a SHH account. He probably made the extras drop their cells and cameras for the death scene. Last I heard, two of our SHH members were going into the stadium today.

Looks like the scenes today doesn't involve Bruce/Batman. Bale apparently flew to LA yesterday night. Probably to take advantage of their Mon/Tue break and maybe he's not needed at the scenes this week either.

The voice is easily one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard. I can understand not liking it, but I truly do. Some of the delivery is off but the main idea of his voice is cool and unexpected. Sounds tragically creepy but still with both charisma and command.

What worries me more is that big black ball. I really don't want it to be some kind of earthquake machine.

Why not? It would be no more out of the ordinary than the machine dealing in water vapor they used in BB

People weren't happy with the microwave emitter. But even that's not as bad as Stark creating the new element science in Iron Man 2. I'll take the microwave emitter...which was based on a military weapon that is very similar.

Why not? It would be no more out of the ordinary than the machine dealing in water vapor they used in BB

I think he's saying he doesn't want to see that kind of plot device again. At this point I think Nolan just enjoys using that kind of stuff in his movies. I don't have to like it, but might as well get used to it. :csad:

I'm starting to think Nolan has a SHH account. He probably made the extras drop their cells and cameras for the death scene. Last I heard, two of our SHH members were going into the stadium today.

Hahaha I love it.:woot:

I think he's saying he doesn't want to see that kind of plot device again. At this point I think Nolan just enjoys using that kind of stuff in his movies. I don't have to like it, but might as well get used to it. :csad:

Yeah that would be weird to use that plot device again..I mean..I can only think of a couple ways where it wouldnt appear almost identical to begins.

People weren't happy with the microwave emitter. But even that's not as bad as Stark creating the new element science in Iron Man 2. I'll take the microwave emitter...which was based on a military weapon that is very similar.

That movie failed to capture my attention. Shame.

Real microwave emitters are nothing like the one in Batman Begins.

With Bane's voice I always heard a deep commanding voice, like Vader does, and I think with the accent Tom is going for it would sound better too. Not a fan of it at all at the moment.

Yeah that would be weird to use that plot device again..I mean..I can only think of a couple ways where it wouldnt appear almost identical to begins.

I think that if they use it as a "trying to finish the job Talia's father and the man who was like a father to Bane, started" kind of thing that it would be understandable.

Can't say I'm a fan of the voice. He sounds like Grandpa!Bane.

But I'd need to hear it in context with his gestures and performance before I completely condemn it.

With Bane's voice I always heard a deep commanding voice, like Vader does, and I think with the accent Tom is going for it would sound better too. Not a fan of it at all at the moment.
Yeah, I imagined something pretty much like that. That would be awesome.
But we really dont know what will happen in post. I can see Nolan doing this just to throw people off.

I know real microwave emitters are not like that but at least it has a real world basis...just as the ballistics technique he used is based on something real world. I'm sure whatever this device is is based in something real world.

That movie failed to capture my attention. Shame.

I know. I was really disappointed that they didn't manage to capture almost nothing of the first movie's spirit, which is part of the reason I thought it was good.

Everyone has their own opinion on the voice issue, I just have no problem with it at all, but thats just me. I like that even if I had no idea how overpowering a figure he looks to be, if I was to close my eyes and listen to not only his voice, but his delivery as a whole, it reminds me so much of and even gives me the mental imagery of not only Winston Churchhill, but also of many of the worlds greatest leaders/dictators. Some feel that it is just old manish, but I feel it is commanding in its own way, just not the way most were expecting.

Stadium security was tighter today.
Yesterday i was one of the 10,000+ unpaid extras. While we were told in an email that no cameras and that cellphones may be checked, security was lax. By midday, many were filming with their phones. I'm certain this was known by Nolan and Co. Heck, they had Heinz Ward leading the Tumbler parade! I was expecting everyone to be offered a ride.

Today is different. The number of extras is a fraction of yesterdays, however I was able to hear the same instructions being given over the PA system...how to react the explosions, etc.
And security is tighter. I wasn't even allowed to walk along one side of the stadium and the front gate was fenced off so that you couldn't get within 50 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"