Official crowd report for im3

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by thalidomide, Apr 23, 2013.

1. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

there wasn't any cheers of applause or anything like the avengers, but my crowd definitely laughed a lot at the humor that i probably need to rewatch IM3 a couple more times to get certain lines.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  2. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

great reaction yesterday. a collective wtf at the plot twist and cheers at the end. better reaction than I witnessed at a couple of TA viewings

3. warhorse78

warhorse78 Well-Known Member

I have yet to see IM3, but I know exactly what you mean. I saw Avengers like 5 or more times in the theater, and in the scene where Tony pokes Bruce in the side, I never caught Steve yelling "are you nuts!" until I got to watch the movie at home.

4. TacomaTruck90

TacomaTruck90 Well-Known Member

Im pumped I got my tickets for 3D tommorow night at 9 !

5. ikt36

ikt36 Well-Known Member

Ive seen it 3 times now and the audience reaction has been great!

lots of laughs and cheering :)

6. TheAQU4M4N

TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

going to the midnight release, not sure if i'll see the same reactions since im in a different state.

7. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

It's been a week since IM3 was released here in the Phlippines and yesterday I was able to see the movie for the second time and I must say that the theater is still almost full. I was supposed to see it after lunch but the theaters are sold out so I have no other choice but to wait for the last full show, I was expecting few people but like I said it's still almost full, oh and some kid behind me is narrating what will happen next (his parents are trying to shut him up but the kid is too stubborn).

8. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Getting ready to see tonight showing with a group of friends.

9. Marvel

Marvel Well-Known Member

I'm the major mental Marvel nut who goes tonight just to check out the crowds. I get a few friends to watch part of the film and then leave. So, I've seen 33% of Iron Man 3 and I love what I've seen so far!

The crowds were dispersed this time around because both theatres I checked started showing it at 9 PM and showed it every half hour.

Theatre One had one auditorium packed at 9:01 and one large one not even half full at 9:02. I did not check out the 3D showings.

Theatre Two (largest AMC in the Midwest) had a VERY large auditorium half fill for the 10:00 3D showing. When I walked out 40 minutes in, there was already a big line for both the IMAX and regular midnight showing. A very good sign at 11:00 PM!

I've done this before and usually can gage well but the early showings made it hard to gage crowds.

10. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

i did miss a lot of the lines from avengers in my first viewing, but for IM3 a missed quite a few, maybe its were i was seated....

11. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I went to the 9pm 3D/IMAX show tonight, which was sold out. They started letting people in before 8:00. I heard someone in a group that came about 10 minutes before the movie started look at how packed the auditorium say to her friends, "Oh, we are beyond ****ed."

They had a trivia contest before the movie to win posters. One little boy answered a question and got it wrong. The guy in front of him got the right answer, but as soon as they gave him his poster, he turned around and gave it to the little boy. Everyone applauded. :up:

The crowd seemed to love the movie (as did I). Nearly everyone stayed through to the end credits scene, which probably got the biggest laugh.

There was a guy in front of us with the light-up glove and the mask. When we were leaving, I saw him at the front of the line with a group of friends waiting to get into the midnight show. :wow:

It was fun. I never get to do the midnight shows anymore, so I'm glad they had 9pm shows this tiume around.

12. Superhero 101

Outside my theater and there is a huge line lots of people waiting to see the movie a couple of idiots have already ruined the twist for others in the line ruined it for my dad as well bunch of idiot teens

13. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

My theater was probably 75% full for the 9 PM show, but when I walked out into the lobby after it was done, there was a huge line for the midnight show. I would have gladly been there with them, but I've got work in the morning.

14. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

This is the reason why I created this thread, I love crowd reports! Makes you feel excited by just reading it. During The Avengers I used to check the cinemas which is just a block away from my work to see how many people are going to see it. That's how excited I was for the Avengers last year :woot:

15. ProjectPat2280

ProjectPat2280 SELLING...PERFECTION

My crowd experience was similar to the Avengers which is still the absolute most fun iv had at the movies. There wasnt the stand in the aisles cheering like at the avengers, but LOTS of clapping. It was a lot of fun and just reminded me why i do these first showings.

16. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

No cheering. Sad.

Got one excited gasp at [BLACKOUT]Pepper being alive/having powers at the end.[/BLACKOUT]

And one fan exiting the theater said, "I loved it until about the last half hour. It's like they finished 11 miles of a marathon and just sat down before the finish line."

17. LeXcalibur

LeXcalibur Lord Luthor

i guess the franchise is still doing well enough to keep people paying for tickets, but there is definitely less excitement. from those that saw it, seemed a bit underwhelmed. surprisingly large amount of online critics disappointed in it as well. can't say i saw this coming.

18. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Yep. Honestly, this is one case where I wish the movie was just an extended version of the trailer. I would've been more satisfied I think.

19. Superhero 101

Oh they are letting us in yay!!

20. StylishHokie21

StylishHokie21 Well-Known Member

I think the crowd really enjoyed it. There were lots of laughs and applause at the end. :up:

21. LeXcalibur

LeXcalibur Lord Luthor

can't completely go by crowd reaction. superman returns was pretty meh in my opinion (though routh was not bad actually) and the crowd clapped afterwards :dry:

22. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

For me tons of people booed at the end of Superman Returns when I saw it in theaters ( myself included). Hopefully Man Of Steel will redeem the franchise after that abomination of a Super Man movie.

23. Ironfan72

Ironfan72 Golden Avenger

Headed to see the first showing here at AMC Easton in Columbus with some family and friends, will be interested to see the crowds, they are playing the movie in a ton of theaters every half an hour or so, so Geeked!!! :im:

24. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

The crowd last night loved it....and they liked "the twist".

25. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

Saw it the 3rd time yesterday evening and again, the crowd loved it. Almost everyone in the theatre sat through the 20 minutes of credits just for the stinger and I overheard people talking about how great the 'twist' was afterwards.