Iron Man 3 From WAR MACHINE to IRON PATRIOT and BEYOND

Same here. I don't hate the character but I don't want him taking up space that another character could have. That or taking up scene time for the already existing cast.

Yup exactly. Nothing against Rhodey but there's no need for him to be in the Avengers.

Ok, so totally out of the realm of possibility, but one of my favorite episodes of AEMH was "New Avengers" where the Cross Time Kangs broke Kang out of 42.

The regular Avengers were imprisioned by Kang in a temporal void, leaving Earth's defense to a new group of heroes, comprised of:

Spider-Man
War Machine
Wolverine
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
The Thing

I would love to see something like this on screen. It won't ever happen though, because Kang isn't likely to be introduced, with the Chituari being the Skrull-Kree analog, and the effort it would take to bring together this group (with Spider-Man, Wolverine and The Thing's rights being out of Marvel's hands) would be astronomical.

Ok, so totally out of the realm of possibility, but one of my favorite episodes of AEMH was "New Avengers" where the Cross Time Kangs broke Kang out of 42.

The regular Avengers were imprisioned by Kang in a temporal void, leaving Earth's defense to a new group of heroes, comprised of:

Spider-Man
War Machine
Wolverine
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
The Thing

I would love to see something like this on screen. It won't ever happen though, because Kang isn't likely to be introduced, with the Chituari being the Skrull-Kree analog, and the effort it would take to bring together this group (with Spider-Man, Wolverine and The Thing's rights being out of Marvel's hands) would be astronomical.

If they do the whole "New Avengers" thing, then i would like to see the breakout issue #1 of the comic series play out on the big screen, I think that would be awesome.

I think they could use Rhodey to introduce audiences to the super villain prisons, The Raft, Rykers Island and the Vault.

I agree in the unlikeness of a New Avengers film, I want the Breakout storyline.

I don't want to see War Machine in the Avengers, I feel like he should just stay in the Iron Man movies. And I don't think he deserves his own movie.

War Machine deserves to be in the next Avengers film and his own spinoff, ah yes...

Not enough super villains for a breakout yet

Not enough super villains for a breakout yet

Yeah, it's going to be a long wait until we see Breakout realized!! Geez how long do we have to wait to see at least one Super-villain prison??

Rhodey had better not be turned into a villain here. I really hope the filmmakers don't go idiotic on us just to "ratchet up the tension" between Rhodey and Tony...

I saw a post on Tumblr claiming Marvel has purposefully mislead us, and that IP is actually another guy.

Rhodey had better not be turned into a villain here. I really hope the filmmakers don't go idiotic on us just to "ratchet up the tension" between Rhodey and Tony...

I'm sure he won't be. Too many villains in the mix already. Iron Patriot will probably be a big part of the movie, but I'm sure Tony and Rhodey will be working together, or at least from different angles aimed at the same target; not against each other.

it would be cool if cheadle and the other stars have small cameos in the shield tv show. other than that, rhodey should remain an iron man supporting character.

I dont think hes going to be inside of that Iron Patriot suit. Its someone else
If this ends up being the case, I would imagine that the film's events lead Tony to believe that it's Rhodey in the armor. A fair amount of the promotional material has shown them together, and aside from Pepper, Rhodey is the only one I think Tony would trust standing next to him in one of those armors.

Since it's being officially billed as a "Techno-crisis thriller", some degree of misdirection should be expected.

I'd be willing to bet copious amounts of money that Jack Taggert, aka Firepower, hijacks the Iron Patriot armor at some point. In fact, I'll go even further and say that Rhodey in classic War Machine armor winds up battling Taggert in Rhodey's own Iron Patriot armor.

If this ends up being the case, I would imagine that the film's events lead Tony to believe that it's Rhodey in the armor. A fair amount of the promotional material has shown them together, and aside from Pepper, Rhodey is the only one I think Tony would trust standing next to him in one of those armors.

Since it's being officially billed as a "Techno-crisis thriller", some degree of misdirection should be expected.
Yes, he will start of in the suit and then they'll be a big mix up

I'd be willing to bet copious amounts of money that Jack Taggert, aka Firepower, hijacks the Iron Patriot armor at some point. In fact, I'll go even further and say that Rhodey in classic War Machine armor winds up battling Taggert in Rhodey's own Iron Patriot armor.
It's certainly a possibility. Even though the Mandarin is the villain, seems like they're really laying it on thick with the armors in this one.

... I wonder what upgrades will he get with weapons, since WM's focus tends to be tactile projectiles rather than repulsor-lasers..

^New Trailer is pretty clear Rhodes is wearing the Patriot Armor, I'm gonna guess it's in place of the War Machine colors.

I wonder will we see him don the original War Machine suit before he gets the new paint job? because if we going on the toy-line then there should be a pit of an appearance by the old colours, maybe in the beginning or end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"