• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Daft Punk Thread

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/53930299491/daft-punk-get-lucky-remix-video-promo

JScoT3O.gif

wmu2kc4.gif

7LeAISo.gif

scf37uf.gif

1tgluvS.gif

OX55w4c.gif

NNhfmi5.gif

Kane, can you avatar that second to last one?

You are a saint. Yanks again, Kane. Ny the way have you guys heard the Get Lucky remix?

I like even though it's not like a normal reconstruction of a remix, if that makes sense. It makes me want to dance so mission accomplished.

I kind of hate the remix. It messes up most of my favorite elements of the song. Nothing gained.

Daft punk took them to church with ” touch”. Great song.

Finally bought Random Access Memories.

Man...I really, really, love this album.

Did anyone catch Colbert Report last night? apparently they didn't show up due to MTV.

I saw Colbert dancing to Get Lucky with various celebrities. Why would MTV prevent Daft Punk from showing?

man the Colbert Report was AWESOME last night, I'm kinda glad they had to cancel.

To answer your question Venom if ya didn't watch the first part of the show, MTV said they had exclusivity to DP because they were supposed to be doing a "surprise" appearance at this years VMAs. DP said they never agreed to it then MTV said they had to chose which one they wanted to do. Naturally they chose the VMAs but Colbert sufficiently eviscerated MTVs head honcho for his dickish move being as how both Comedy Central and MTV are under the Viacom umbrella.

To paraphrase Colbert "After someone watches them on one show they never want to see them again which is why they wouldn't tune into the VMAs a month away from now to see DP again. Which is how music works, everyone remembers how the Beatles fell off the planet earth after their Ed Sullivan appearance" He really laid into them but the music montage he did with all the celebs was way better than seeing DP play. Plus he had Robin Thicke play blurred lines which is arguably a bigger summertime hit anyway so it all worked out for him in the end I guess

man the Colbert Report was AWESOME last night, I'm kinda glad they had to cancel.

To answer your question Venom if ya didn't watch the first part of the show, MTV said they had exclusivity to DP because they were supposed to be doing a "surprise" appearance at this years VMAs. DP said they never agreed to it then MTV said they had to chose which one they wanted to do. Naturally they chose the VMAs but Colbert sufficiently eviscerated MTVs head honcho for his dickish move being as how both Comedy Central and MTV are under the Viacom umbrella.

To paraphrase Colbert "After someone watches them on one show they never want to see them again which is why they wouldn't tune into the VMAs a month away from now to see DP again. Which is how music works, everyone remembers how the Beatles fell off the planet earth after their Ed Sullivan appearance" He really laid into them but the music montage he did with all the celebs was way better than seeing DP play. Plus he had Robin Thicke play blurred lines which is arguably a bigger summertime hit anyway so it all worked out for him in the end I guess

That montage was supposed to lead into Daft Punk. You would have seen both had they been able to show up

[YT]TBXv37PFcAQ[/YT]

[YT]aeEQDtk63H4[/YT]

Last edited:
^ That is so perfect.

I've been watching that Lose yourself to dance video for a while. It is absolutely perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"