Official Indie Music Thread

I like their first three albums and didn't like their last couple since Chris Urbanowicz left the band.
Very much agree. Violence is better but still a bit far away from the creativity of their first three albums. They're a different band now.

Some good albums came out recently

Surf Curse - Heaven Surrounds You
Metronomy - Metronomy Forver
The Hold Steady - Thrashing Through The Passion
Cage The Elephant - Social Cues
Cayucas - Real Life

This is my contribution to the thread.... they are indie but maybe not that new in the scene but I liked them sooo bad!!

Thoughts anyone?

I'll check that one out.

Thanks for the heads up :up:

I liked their album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. I didn't like Bankrupt!.

A couple members of Phoenix used to be in a band with Bangalter and de Homem-Christo aka Daft Punk.

If you like Phoenix you might like another French band called AYME who make very similar music

[YT]_R_pepwMnRs[/YT]

[YT]xKhRt0WVapY[/YT]

Nice finding of Aymé!!! thanks for sharing....... already added to my list in Spotify

This is my contribution to the thread.... they are indie but maybe not that new in the scene but I liked them sooo bad!!

Thoughts anyone?

Yeah I’ve heard that song before. It’s pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Got my vinyl of last year's The World is a Beautiful Place & I am no Longer Afraid to Die - Illusory Walls with the mail, one of my favorite albums of 2021 and happy to finally have it on physical. I think it rivals Harmlessness for their best album, the last two songs in particular hits really hard.

In terms of 2022 I think my AOTY so far has to be the new Black Country New Road album which manages to surpass their great debut from last year. I would say it fits under the Indie label but they mix up so many ideas and styles that I'm not sure what they qualify as.

Enjoyed the new Mitski too. I've been a bit on the fence with her, she kinda felt to me like a St. Vincent light (and I don't necessarily love St. Vincent, I'd say I like/admire her more than being a hardcore fan) but new Mitski is very enjoyable. Might go back and check the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"