Official DD Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for my part, it is due mostly to Brubaker. I've always loved the character, and I liked BMBs run, but I have to admit that Brubaker has taken me by surprise a little bit. My bottom line in evaluating a comic (as I've mentioned elsewhere) is: Does it make me want to turn to the beginning and read it again (and again, and again...) These last two issues have passed that test with flying colors. I hope it's a precursor of even bigger and better things.

Bullseye said:
I didn't like Maleev leaving the book but Lark's work has impressed. These covers by Edwards are frickin good too.

I wish Maleev had stayed on. His drawings were great, it's what got me reading DD again.

Sworn Enemy said:
In Brubaker's first two issues he has already told a better story than anything Bendis wrote. And how long did he write DD for, 3 years? Maybe more.

I loved Brubaker on Gotham Central and would miss him if that title was still around, but with it gone, it seems like he belongs on DD. If Bendis had continued writing, at this time we would have had two issues of Matt Murdock sitting in his cell, contemplating.

Nice to see a writer that is able to pick up the slack left over from the hack that came before him. Anyone who hasn't been reading DD, you might as well pick up 82 and 83..its back to being a great title.

Ever heard of Underboss?Out?Lowlife?Hardcore?

Maleev will be the artist for the upcoming Spider-Woman series. I think that will be great.

Give Bendis credit for his run on DD.

Im a big fan of Lark, loved his work on Gotham Central.

I didn't pay too much attention to GC. Didn't Brubaker also work on that title?

Doc Destruction said:
This is what I tried to explain to you in the Spider-Man forums. Change like that is not bad, as long as there is solid writing and good characterization involved. Brubaker writes good CHARACTERS. That's why his "shocking" stuff goes down smoother than things like The Other or Alpha Flight getting pasted off panel.

Hell, you guys are making me consider picking DD up.

Ok. Bad/Good Change in YOUR OPINION. And MY OPINION.

Everybody views a change differently.

Ed Brubaker must be a mutant. He extracts a pheromone that makes comic book fans resist ripping him a new *******.

SpideyInATree said:
Ok. Bad/Good Change in YOUR OPINION. And MY OPINION.

Everybody views a change differently.

Ed Brubaker must be a mutant. He extracts a pheromone that makes comic book fans resist ripping him a new *******.

Its the goatee.....he still has the goatee right?:confused:

Darthphere said:
Its the goatee.....he still has the goatee right?:confused:

Hmm, he probably does. And I like that he's a mutant...considering he's about to write Uncanny X-Men. Coincidence? I think NOT!! :eek:

SpideyInATree said:
Hmm, he probably does. And I like that he's a mutant...considering he's about to write Uncanny X-Men. Coincidence? I think NOT!! :eek:

Im pretty sure Brubaker is the Third Summers Brother.

Bendis run was supremely sweet, its why DD has been one of my favorite books for the past couple of years. I remember yoda saying somewhere, its because there essentially is no status quo. **** happens, and DD has to deal with the consequences. What I love about DD going to jail is that its not because he was set up or framed, he's going to jail for being DD. I think that makes this the most exciting "event" thats going on right now. I can tell me friends "Dude, Daredevil just went to jail." and they get it thats its a big thing. I cant say "Dude, Earth-2 Superman has come back to bring back the multiverse!":(

I was so excited that Brubaker was coming onto DD. For those of you who havent read his stuff, pick up Gotham Central, Catwoman, Sleeper. They're all amazing works. Him being on DD is a wet dream fulfilled. But at the end of Bendis' run, I kind of felt that Brubaker wouldnt be able to tell his story, because he had to essentially continue Bendis' run. But with
killing Foggy
I think he's set his run up for some kickass ****. The second issue was even better. I cant wait to see Matt go ape**** crazy in prison:up::)

As for
Foggy being dead, I woudlnt be surprised if he came back, but theres gonna be a lot of good explaining to not make it suck.

SpideyInATree said:

brubakers uncanny run is the only book im not gonna pick up. i dont like the prmise for it and im really getting tired of seeing x men in space. all this shiar, mojo jo jo garbage is just tiring.

I was pretty pissed off when Brubaker's first Marvel work was Captain America, because I think Cap is the lamest of the lame. But Im loving it right now. And while I think the X-Men are on a level of lameness barely below Cap, I think Ill probably still be picking up Brubaker's run.

Am I stupid? The first thought that came to me on the new DD running around was that its Spider-man. That would explain/redeem the new suit too. Since it can look like w/e...

I am prolly just needing sleep.

Yeah, I know this is off the topic at hand, but I was just re reading the Typhoid Mary TPB a couple days ago and I was wondering about the character Tyrone (I think that was his name), the young black kid who was blinded during because of some chemicals in the park pond. Well, what ever happened to him? I'd like to see him return in later Daredevil issues, and I'd love to see Matt take him on as a student (that is, once he finally gets out of the trouble he's in now).

Hi, I just added DD to my new pull list, and I was wondering what's he been up to since the second vol started. I use to read the book back in the 300's and haven't read any of the Bendis run. Can you suggest some good trades to get me caught up to Ed's new issues.

Well, all of Bendis' run was great. (If you don't care much for action and desire a focus on story that is.) Here's the thing you should know, DD was outed by the tabloids. He denied it, but nobody really believed him. He beat Fisk, and took over Hells Kitchen as the new Kingpin. While in prison, Fisk made a deal with the FBI. He would provide them with absolute proof that Murdock is really DD, in exchange for immunity. So now Murdock is in prison. The FBI reneged on the deal with Fisk so he's in prison. And while setting up a defense for Matt at Rikers Island, Foggy gets shanked and is apparently dead.

The trades covering Bendis' run are

Daredevil: Parts of a hole
DD:Wake up
DD: Echo
DD: Underboss
DD: Out
DD: Lowlife
DD: Hardcore
DD: Echo -Vision Quest
DD: King of Hell's Kitchen
DD: The WIdow
DD: Golden Age
DD: Deconlogue
DD: The Murdock Papers

Who else is waiting for a DD/Moon Knight crossover?

I guess not. :(

Anubis said:

Echo - Vision Quest isn't necersarry... not written by Bendis, and pretty much just aweful.... i actually wasted a weeks trade money picking that up :(

Well, yeah, your right. But he didn't know that. If I wasted my money then somebody else should as well.

Anubis said:
Well, all of Bendis' run was great. (If you don't care much for action and desire a focus on story that is.) Here's the thing you should know, DD was outed by the tabloids. He denied it, but nobody really believed him. He beat Fisk, and took over Hells Kitchen as the new Kingpin. While in prison, Fisk made a deal with the FBI. He would provide them with absolute proof that Murdock is really DD, in exchange for immunity. So now Murdock is in prison. The FBI reneged on the deal with Fisk so he's in prison. And while setting up a defense for Matt at Rikers Island, Foggy gets shanked and is apparently dead.

You can't leave out Underboss,it's essential reading for Out and the rest if the DD run.This is where DD's identity is first revealed.In actuality,Underboss and Out are basically one arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"