*OFFICIAL* Fantastic 4 (2015) Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:up:

Yeah it might end up a bad film, let's see.

Curiosity keeps me alive.

Right so instead of trolling here DrZ went on the Ant Man board to tell us Marvel fans should be glad it failed. :whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

I don't get how that is related. Care to enlighten me?

Last edited:
I hope this film is awesome since it will give Fox leverage to get Marvel to stop playing hardball and work out a similar deal that they worked out with Sony and Universal.

IMO, the best way to merge universes is to do House of M at the tail end of Phase 4. Have Doom tempt Wanda with a world where her brother is alive and have her remake reality so the Avengers are now in a world with the FF and the past and present X-Men where Magneto rules the world with Doom looking to usurp.

The end result is that there's now a new universe when reality is restored with only a few continuity fixes and for the most part, all of the First Class and MCU timelines happened. We get Fox-Men Quicksilver and MCU Scarlet Witch.

That won't happen, because if Marvel is going to have F4 characters and Xmen characters in their universe, they will want it to be their own versions just like Spiderman. Also, that theory sounds incredibly convoluted, and only serves to confuse thegeneral audience. Not a good idea.

If it's good, I hope the GA shows up to support it.

And I'm glad this thread was revived even if briefly.

Been looking forward to this since the first trailer, I too am surprised by the amount of negativity toward the movie.

I personally really like the look of it and will be seeing this in the cinema as me and my friend both like the look of it. I really like what they have done with the Thing so far, its nice to fi ally have one who looks like he could take on the likes of Hulk and Thor in a fight.

:up:

Yeah it might end up a bad film, let's see.

Curiosity keeps me alive.

I don't get how that is related. Care to enlighten me?

He is one of those positive posters you were referring to. He is just trolling elsewhere for now.

Been looking forward to this since the first trailer, I too am surprised by the amount of negativity toward the movie.

I personally really like the look of it and will be seeing this in the cinema as me and my friend both like the look of it. I really like what they have done with the Thing so far, its nice to fi ally have one who looks like he could take on the likes of Hulk and Thor in a fight.
The Thing looks like he would break apart on first contact with the Hulk or Thor. That is how bad the CGI is. :funny:

The Thing looks like he would break apart on first contact with the Hulk or Thor. That is how bad the CGI is. :funny:

I disagree, I like that they are showing him doing things like dropping from great heights and tearing apart tanks, much better than the anything they could do with the Chiklis version.

Also, isn't this thread only for people positive about the movie?

I'm not gonna rag on this film on this thread. But I will take umbrage at the people who say "I'm surprised by all the negativity" especially after how many times people have detailed what their relationship is with the characters and why they are disappointed in this film. It's fine if you are looking forward to it but don't act like others don't have a right to be express their dislike and are not justified for doing so. Enjoy your Positive Thread 2.0. I'm out.

I disagree, I like that they are showing him doing things like dropping from great heights and tearing apart tanks, much better than the anything they could do with the Chiklis version.

Also, isn't this thread only for people positive about the movie?

Didn't Chiklis version throw around cars?

Didn't Chiklis version throw around cars?

They definitely showed The Thing to be incredibly strong and indestructable - throwing the cars as you mention, holding up the London Eye, destroying the truck that crashed into him, falling a great height while trading punches with Doom etc.

But he definitely should have been CGI all along (or at least supplemented with CGI). Chiklis was too limited in his movements and he couldn't project the kind of charging, lunging power that he had in the comic books.

So I'm definitely on-board that CGI is required and that's a big improvement over the (low bar of the) previous films.

(and since this is the positive thread, I won't mention that the design and CGI quality of the actual CGI Thing we're getting are very weak and don't live up to the potential :cwink: )

Last edited:
They definitely showed The Thing to be incredibly strong and indestructable - throwing the cars as you mention, holding up the London Eye, destroying the truck that crashed into him, falling a great height while trading punches with Doom etc.

But he definitely should have been CGI all along (or at least supplemented with CGI). Chiklis was too limited in his movements and he couldn't project the kind of charging, lunging power that he had in the comic books.

So I'm definitely on-board that CGI is required and that's a big improvement over the previous films.

(and since this is the positive thread, I won't mention that the design and CGI quality of the actual CGI Thing we're getting are very weak and don't live up to the potential :cwink: )

Yep, never had a problem with Chiklis's performance, he was just too limited to do anything really Thing-like for me. CGI was always the way to go to show him doing the things we know he can, so I am glad they have gone that route this time and I like how he looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"