In Brightest day.. The Official Hal Jordan Thread

The closest I can think of are Exodus: Gods and Kings and The Great Gatsby, and well..yeah. He's a great actor but I agree in having a hard time seeing him as Hal. Maybe it's just his permanent case of Conan O'Brien-Face, lol.

The closest I can think of are Exodus: Gods and Kings and The Great Gatsby, and well..yeah. He's a great actor but I agree in having a hard time seeing him as Hal. Maybe it's just his permanent case of Conan O'Brien-Face, lol.

I can't say I even have an actor in mind per se, but believe it or not I think the Ryan Reynolds mold IS what they should go for. Cocky, humorous and perhaps just a little off putting, but have that leavened with his core of caring about the world, fearless self sacrifice and morality.

I disagree, just because I've always found Ryan Reynolds to be completely charmless. His rise to fame has always baffled me, as I've never laughed at any of his supposed humor over the years. The only laughs I got out of Deadpool were due to the directing/editing choices, rather than Reynolds' delivery. I agree they should go for someone who represents that archetype, just...someone who does it well. Which has never been Reynolds, in my view.

I disagree, just because I've always found Ryan Reynolds to be completely charmless. His rise to fame has always baffled me, as I've never laughed at any of his supposed humor over the years. The only laughs I got out of Deadpool were due to the directing/editing choices, rather than Reynolds' delivery. I agree they should go for someone who represents that archetype, just...someone who does it well. Which has never been Reynolds, in my view.

Dang flick... Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. :cwink:

I'm sorry, I'll make it clearer next time. ;)

They should definitely go for someone in the same vein as Reynolds.

Joel McHale was an intriguing choice from that rumored shortlist.

I like Krasinski for this.

I think Jake McDorman from the Limitless TV show would be a good Hal if they are open to a slightly lesser known actor.

I do think they might go for a lesser known actor. Always worked well for Superman.

I don't dislike Reynolds, but he wasn't well suited for Hal Jordan. Reynolds was always a better fit for Deadpool or the Wally West version of Flash.

I liked Reynolds' Hal Jordan, but since there is 0 chance in him coming back intheDCEU, i think Gyllenhaal is the best choice. Gyllenhaal as Hal and Luke Evans as Sinestro would be epic

How about someone like Matt Bomer? Or he's too much of a Cavill look-alike.

11987198_661267814008516_7953543141101870986_n.jpg

Why not, to be honest I think the look alike thing is fun. it was one of the smaller things I liked about Hardy when he was going to be Flagg (how much he looked like Jai and the fact that Boomer had a very similar looking coat to his Bane) then the Revenant ran way over and without Hardy's star power to counteract Smith's the movie started pushing aside Flagg, marginalizing him and undermining him as this supposed badass spec ops. guy.

Edgerton or Bomer would both be great options IMO though perhaps too old.

I really doubt they can find a true A-lister. Gyllenhaal isn't going to do this film even if they pay him $20 million. They're gonna have to hope for some rising star or just pick a complete unknown, which has worked for several MCU films.

Hal - Bradley Cooper
John - Trevante Rhodes

Directed by Kathryn Bigelow

Bradley Cooper I actually can see him as Hal Jordan but I would go with Joel McHale or John Krasinski as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

Bradley Cooper I actually can see him as Hal Jordan but I would go with Joel McHale or John Krasinski as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

Those are probably the three best options

Then out of those 3 options I would go with Krasinski

I liked Reynolds' Hal Jordan, but since there is 0 chance in him coming back intheDCEU, i think Gyllenhaal is the best choice. Gyllenhaal as Hal and Luke Evans as Sinestro would be epic

Honestly, I didn't mind Reynold's Hal. But the real tragedy is that they wont go with Mark Strong as Sinestro again. Because he was perfect.

I throw his hat in the ring for a lot but... He's just that damn good!

Any thoughts on Jeff Donavan? Sure he's 49, but this pic is from this year. He's still in great shape and he's can for sure do both the serious and the lighter stuff equally well.

maxresdefault.jpg

I also think people should look at documentaries about places like Skunk Works etc. If Jordan were a test pilot he wouldn't be a callow youth. That's a job for a person with some experience. Donavon can play early to mid 40's for sure.

I throw his hat in the ring for a lot but... He's just that damn good!

Any thoughts on Jeff Donavan? Sure he's 49, but this pic is from this year. He's still in great shape and he's can for sure do both the serious and the lighter stuff equally well.

maxresdefault.jpg

I also think people should look at documentaries about places like Skunk Works etc. If Jordan were a test pilot he wouldn't be a callow youth. That's a job for a person with some experience. Donavon can play early to mid 40's for sure.
I'd be cool with this honestly. I liked him on Burn Notice.

Bradley Cooper might be the best. Or Jake Gyllenhaal. But neither would take the role.

I'd name Matthew Bomer but he's like 40 now and not exactly a big star. Maybe Armie Hammer. He's still waiting to turn into an A-lister.

Or maybe they go with an unknown star.

I'm always skeptical about stars saying they won't do a certain type of role. Cooper honestly could use a franchise since he's not exactly been burning up the BO of late. Personally I could totally see him doing Hal pretty well.

Bring back Taika Waititi. Not as Hal's friend. But as Hal's director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"