The Official Heavenly Sword thread

Zenien

Reaction score
Heavenly Sword

Emotionally charged, stunningly beautiful and delivering unprecedented dramatic character performance, Heavenly Sword showcases the power of PLAYSTATION®3. A dramatic tale of revenge sees Nariko, a fiery red-haired heroine embark on a quest for vengeance against an invading King and his army. The story builds around the ancient Heavenly Sword which once belonged to a powerful deity. It can never be wielded by a mortal without it draining their life-force, killing them within hours.

When the invading King (played by Andy Serkis) destroys the warrior clan that guards the Heavenly Sword, the clan leader’s daughter, Nariko, takes up the sword in a desperate fight for survival. Nariko must now pay the ultimate price as she embarks on one last mission of vengeance against the King and his army before her life is finally drawn to a close…

Andy Serkis, the world’s leading CG actor, famous for his roles as Gollum in “The Lord of the Rings” and Kong in “King Kong”, was heavily involved in the creative process. As well as starring in Heavenly Sword as the villain, King Botan, Andy was a major contributor to the character development, writing, casting, directing and performance capture for the PLAYSTATION 3 game.

• The Heavenly Sword itself can Transform into Three Distinct Stances – Players can switch between on the fly allowing players to create their own fighting styles.
  • The Combat Engine can Scale Up – From sophisticated one-on-one encounters to one-on-many, where enemies employ intelligent squad-based dynamics, right up to combat against battalions pushing real-time gameplay and AI to unprecedented new levels.
  • Physics-based Combat – Players can sweep debris against opponents, kick tables to halt an oncoming surge of fighters, smash the enemy into the scenery or throw bodies into other enemies using aftertouch controls.
  • Wide Range of Objects and Weaponry – Including multi-skewering spears and devastatingly explosive bazookas.
  • Creative in-game Cinematography – Coupled with real-time story evolvement and amazing set-pieces makes the action feel like a blockbuster action movie and takes combat gameplay to new heights.

Awards and Recognition (E3 2006)​
Next-Gen's Top 20 Playable Games of E3 - Number 1

GamePro's Top 20 games - Number 1!

Gamespot's People's Choice Awards

IGN E3 Award for Technological Excellence - Winner

IGN E3 Best Artistic Design - Winner

Meristation E3 Best PS3 Game - Winner

GameDaily E3 Nod Award

GameZone - BEST OF SHOW (Overall)

Game Critics Awards - Best Fighting Game

IGN E3 Best Action Game - Runner up

IGN E3 Best Graphics - Runner up

IGN E3 Game of the Show - Runner up

GameSpy Best of E3 2006 - Top 10 Console Game

Videos

A Scenery Demonstration (E3 2006)
Motion Capturing with Andy Serkis (E3 2006)
Heavenly Sword Conference Premier (E3 2006)
Gametrailers E3 2K6 Gameplay HD (E3 2006)
Gametrailers E3 2K6 Gameplay 2 HD (E3 2006)

For the BEST quality and videos check out Playsyde

Artwork​
http://playsyde.com/news_3257_en.html

I love this game.
Like I said before, it'll be one of the first games (if not THE first) I get for Ps3.

Yes sir!
Reached a certain amount of store points after trading/buying games there, so yay!

Gammy79 said:
Where's them videos, A? :mad:

Sooo knew that :up:

Our Man-Love is a beautiful thing.

shirtless-gay-couple.jpg

Hahaha, zenien's thread has been turned into a thread about man love before page two :(

Anyways, the game looks fun, but I still don't get why people are calling it graphically stunning and all that, it really isn't :confused:

Hey Zenien great job with the thread, but in the meantime i'm going to post something if thats okay?

This is the story of Heavenly Sword or so 1.up is told.

What's The Basic Concept?

Barbarians invade main heroine Nariko's country and proceed to wreak the requisite havoc across the land. To avenge the wrongs done to her people, Nariko arms herself with the titular. Heavenly Swoord which in addition to being badass unfortunately saps away the life of any mortal who wields it. Nariko's challenge. To defeat all of the intruders before her life ends. However there is a twist, with the blood of the victim that stains the sword your life span increased giving you a longer life. So I think its cool she's killing to advenge her people however she also has to kill to stay alive. WICKED.

Manny Calavera said:
Hahaha, zenien's thread has been turned into a thread about man love before page two :(

Anyways, the game looks fun, but I still don't get why people are calling it graphically stunning and all that, it really isn't :confused:

Well didn't we get the short end of the stick? Gamespot keeps claiming that none of the pictures/videos do this game justice.

Some videos are up but the best stuff is on Playsyde for download. :p

EDIT: And can we please keep this thread on topic people.

More on Heavenly Sword, and to answer some questions.

Who's making it?

Development studio Ninha Theory was formerly known as Just Add Monsters, which made 2003's Xbox exclusive title Kung Fu Choas. The company explains the recent name change. "Its because we wanted a name with NINJA in it, and thats the best we could come up with.

Whats the big deal?

Heavenly Sword was one of the prettiest-looking games to grace the PS3 at E3 next to Resistance: Fall of Man*NO joke*and its got a fancy Hollywood pedigree to go with its glamorous appearance. Andy Sekis the voice actor and cg model for LOTR's Gollum and King Kong's KONG provides the voice of the evil invader King Botan, and he helped out with the motion capture sessions and contributed to the storyline, character development, and casting sessions as well.

Is there anything to worry about?

Between the blade equipped wrist chains, button pushing cut scenes a la Chenmue and doomed protagonist motif, what we saw seems very similar in many ways to God of War (a popular nickname during it E3 premiere was "Goddess of War" Hopefully as more of the game is shown we'll see something that gives it its own personality.

Dude if they compared it to God of War you totally know its going to kick ass, God of War was of the greatest games i've ever played.

Manny Calavera said:
If a "video" doesn't do the game justice, nothing will.

Not really, some videos I watch of Gears of War don't give the game justice but i'm still interested.

You ***** and moan for me to clean the other thread, then I delete 136 posts of that crap, and you make a new one.

_nIm

THE LIZARD#1 said:
Gears of War
You're so lucky I'm as cool as I am Zenien :o

Anyways, the Andy Serkis stuff I had no idea about, thats really awesome :up:

Thanks Zenien those videos were sweet. Man the graphics look amazing compared to the somewhat ugly screenshots.

Drakon said:
You ***** and moan for me to clean the other thread, then I delete 136 posts of that crap, and you make a new one.

_nIm

Ban them :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"