Official rate & review IRON MAN 3 thread! - Part 3

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, May 20, 2013.

1. Casius--J

Casius--J Web Master

After watching this for the second time I found that I enjoyed it so much more. Once you get past the whole Mandarin twist the film doesn't feel as disappointing as it was the first time around. I think I was fair the first time around and would still rate this a 8/10.

I'll for sure be buying this on blu ray

2. CyclopsWasRight

CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

6/10

Thrown together PTSD that disapeared, lousy Riddler ripoff villain, too much comedy against the darkish tone, tony not being in the armour much, Tech advances beyond belivability ect...

Iron Man 1 remains the only good Iron Man movie. Out of the other Marvel trilogies... Blade, X-Men & Spider-Man, Iron Man is the worst of the lot, even with those trilogies having two good entries and crappy finales.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  3. Senator Pleasury

Senator Pleasury Well-Known Member

This.

I can't know how the hell did they get just one good movie having all the RDJ potential right there. Well, Avengers would be the only other "Iron Man" movie.

4. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

You 2 still harping on this? Geez, for a movie you guys don't like, seems you can't get over it.

5. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Disappeared? The whole point of Harley was to help him realize it's the man that makes the suit, not vice versa, and so no it didn't just "disappear". Riddler? Yeah, Aldrich was somewhat Nygma-ish in motivation, but he really wasn't out for "revenge" against Tony, until he got in his way. Marvel's been about comedy, always has been. This ain't the DCU, this is the MCU, which even in the comics, the darkest ones have humor in them. Tony in the armor too little I understand, although I disagree. Tech advances beyond believability? Yeah, cause I totally seen giant green monsters, Gods from ancient myths, men frozen in time for 70 years, and others fighting in robot suits alot of the time. Totally.

6. Senator Pleasury

Apparently we liked the first movie so much we were waiting great sequels.

7. batfreakforever

batfreakforever A real fan

Nothing wrong with Iron man three. LOVE the blu ray. Seen it alot now. Don't get the hate from so called "fans" but then again they will complain about anything and everything.
    When Shane Black talks about one of the 42 iron man suits that fans were calling being the hulk buster suit (which they were wrong about) says it all about the Comic book/fan community on the movies blu ray commentry track.

8. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

No, not really. And I really don't think anyone's gonna tell you the more comedic stories are the best ones much less that they would provide the best tone for live-action adaptations. The movies certainly do not need to be that silly either. Somewhere along the lines of the Lord of the Rings or the new Bond movies would my be my ideal tone. Sounds like AOU is heading down that path though so...

9. Senator Pleasury

It's not a problem of humor but what kind and where to put it.

10. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

^ This. I think the first two Spider-Man movies pulled it off flawlessly.

11. CyclopsWasRight

CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

Iron Man 1: he needs a Gantry to put the suit on. Villain is a guy in an armour.

Iron Man 2: he still needs a gantry and has one weaker emergency armour that unfolds from a hefty suitcase. Villain is a guy with Electric whips who goes on to make own armour.

Iron Man 3: All lf his suits can be walked into and out of, can be remote controlled. His new one can somehow know exactly where to fly onto his body aswell as have rocket boosters in all the limbs even the mask. Villain is a guy who can breathe fire and glow and regrow limbs in seconds.

That's a big leap in the believability of the existing technology of the Iron Man series.

:up:

Bingo. That's why i said it didn't mesh with the tone.

12. ElMariachi

ElMariachi Bald to the Bone

I don't. The Raimi Spiderman movies, for the most part, are pure cheese. Iron Man is a legitimately funny franchise. I've said this a hundred times on here but this franchise is unique in this regard and its why Iron Man racked up roughly $3.6-3.7 billion at the box office. Yes, I'm including Avengers that was sold on Iron Man and his humor.

Oh and I still think IM3 was the best CBM of the year. Hands down.

13. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

I agree, but he had no real competition yet.

14. OcStat

OcStat Well-Known Member

Yeah he did, Iron Man just dominated them all.

15. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

[​IMG]

No it isn't, in fact it's no leap at all, and once again you're going out of you're way to twist things just so you can bi*** about the film some more.

You're completely (& deliberately) leaving out the rest of the MCU. Aliens, gods, enchanted hammers, Frost Giants, genetically engineered rage beasts & super soldiers, portals to other world's/galaxies.

The Mark VII in Avengers folded around Stark much the same way the armours in IM3 did.

Nothing in IM3 was out of line with what has been presented in the MCU.

16. A Necessary Evil

If you really think about it, the Mandarin twist isn't even a bastardization of a twist either. Despite the fact that he was the only one marketed as so, the other "Big Bads" of the movie played second fiddle to the major villains. Raza < Stane, and Vanko was marketed to be the main villain, but it was really Justin Hammer who did much more (and worse) than he did.

17. MeenieWK

MeenieWK Screw Loose

Well... Took me a while to watch this

It was great ... Loved the start and the ,mansion destruction... Pepper in the suit etc...
    All fantastic
    Enjoyed the breakdowns and the kid sequences
    I get that it was about the character of Tony, and I liked that

Even enjoyed the manderin twist.. (Although I would have liked Kingsley to have carried it through as a genuine threat, because I liked that character)

Enjoyed the build up to the final showdown, the mcgyver moments were awesome

However..
    I did NOT like the overheating (fire breathing.. Please) enemy
    I DID not like the lack of actual danger to"ironman"
    Nor the lack of action by ironman
    I HATED that ironman essentially got ***** whipped in the finale

6/10

Better than 2... Not better than 1..

Also... No AC/DC... Boohisss

18. A Necessary Evil

***** whipped? You mean he stopped obsessing over making suits, and decided to go half and half, giving attention to Pepper AND the suits?

Also, what's everyone's big deal about a lack of AC/DC? I mean, seriously?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  19. OcStat

OcStat Well-Known Member

I was thrilled when this movie didn't have AC/DC. Seriously. I almost feel compelled to write Shane Black a thank you letter.

I like Tony's taste in music, in the first film he was listening to some Suicidal Tendencies! But 2 films with AC/DC is more than enough for me. Thankfully they didn't have the obligatory "Iron Man" riff constantly through out the trilogy.

20. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

3 if you count Avengers.

21. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

I really liked the iron man 3 soundtrack. It fit the tone of the movie. I don't think the ac dc would've fit the tone of this one as much as it did the first two.

22. guitarking

guitarking Well-Known Member

AC/DC is a great band, a lot of people like them, "Back in Black" is the second highest selling album in music history after all. Their music adds power to the scenes and has been established as part of Tony's character for THREE movies, so when it's absent, it's noticeable.

23. A Necessary Evil

I love me some AC/DC, but to dock a point or count it as a flaw because there is a lack of it is ridiculous. Adds power? It does nothing that original score couldn't do.

24. guitarking

guitarking Well-Known Member

Wrong, original score is not a song you grew up on.

25. A Necessary Evil